Z v XEXY Nov 2nd Recap

Tactical advice, How-to, Post-mortem, etc.
Kumquat

Post by Kumquat »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Nov 3 2014, 04:33 PM) No.

Sure!

That game was 11 v 12, not 15 v 15.

Also Xexy was expansion, not tac, and the issue at stake here is killer 2 vs sy in medium-large games.

Spidey's changes to SY during his tenure as CC overlord was actually to nerf the ships themselves so it wasn't necessary to instantly go sup and get dis2 whenever you saw that shipyard con.

By my count that's 3 things you are factually incorrect about... and I don't even need to see how many cruisers you guys actually used in that game!
Not to help Fed out at all but when you decided to go SY we were in ints as well and were getting hammered by your corvs. That was why we decided to rush the tac to advanced and get killers. We were trying to reach them before you started trotting out cruisers which we didn't quite do.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I dunno I wasn't there. My housemate didn't pay the internet bill.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

I'm starting to question your command of the english language, MW.

No other achievements to add by the way?
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
Kumquat

Post by Kumquat »

Why does Fed feel the need to inject himself into every gameday thread whether they are involved with it or not? Ahhhh well, it shall be amusing to see them get trounced this weekend.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Kumquat wrote:QUOTE (Kumquat @ Nov 3 2014, 12:52 PM) Not to help Fed out at all but when you decided to go SY we were in ints as well and were getting hammered by your corvs. That was why we decided to rush the tac to advanced and get killers. We were trying to reach them before you started trotting out cruisers which we didn't quite do.
But, Kummy, because I respect you and admire the history you have with this game I'll further explain what I meant by "Fedman being factually incorrect" by comparing the game that just happened to the game that happened a month ago:

As Omicron Hive you guys were planning to go dual tech already and had a tac out. You guys got hammered back by corvs but were able (frankly, from what it sounds like (I can't check the video yet 'cuz I'm at work), some masterful heroics from KJ) to squeak out against the cruisers. Then you took over with killer2 because Spidey had spent so much money on the cruisers.

See, that's an interesting game, and by all means you would have probably lost that game if KingJoffery hadn't made the cluchest play in the history of allegiance. 15v15.

On the other hand, a month ago Fedman picked some stupid map in an 11v12 and Virulence was like "$#@! it I hate Xexy" and went TF expansion. Meanwhile half our good players were on the bench because Element can only be convinced to show enough players against us to not forfeit and Xexy has a "first come, first serve" policy. Fed then goes SY and (surprisingly) it's good enough to take out large map TF exp. Good show, I suppose.

Now my point is this:

Large map TF exp vs SY in 11 v 12 isn't even remotely the same game as small map OH Exp/Tac vs SY in a 15v15.

As the final portion of this broadcast reaches its conclusion:

GG Zenith, wish I could have been there. Every game we fly against you has been quite competitive up to the end and it seems like every game there's some kind of heroics involved whether it's Xexy defending its exp (with the help of a kumshot from Dome) or Zenith defending its tac.

As for you Fedman, will you show up next week? I've actually yet to participate in a game where you commanded which leads me to believe you're scared.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Actually he is scared. He came here gibbered a lot. And then when we showep up (without benching a buncha of our best players), he wasnt there to command his squad to another glorius victory with SY. In fact I didnt see a single reply of his after that spanking. Actually he only showed up his open mouth here, to eat zenith's cum over their victory against SY, because spidey complained about the nerfs done at sy.

I am still waiting to see him command against spidey with 15 ppl at least (so maybe we dont need to bench a buncha players?).

Anyways well gg zenith very well played a deserved victory.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
vogue

Post by vogue »

heh, mw eats cum
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ May 5 2013, 08:35 PM) Vogue is clearly #1 and commanding against him feels like commanding against Spideycw at times... though he lacks that little bit of "I don't care who's on my team or what the factions are, it's going to be a stomp anyways" that Spidey managed to pull off in his heyday.
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

One-Man-Bucket wrote:QUOTE (One-Man-Bucket @ Nov 3 2014, 09:26 AM) yeah rock gods were def on our side that game. I'm curious why you decided to go drydock instead of adv tac spidey, was surprised by that tbh. I get that u need something to fend off ints with, but u should have had enough firepower with lrm2 & camping corvs to defend vs int pushes long enough to get sbs out.
This is a really good question and one we discussed a bit before my SY. I was worried that we would spread too thin in sfs/sbs to defend miners/bases from int pushes. Since we'd only have ab1 we'd need quite a few sbs to clear things and one good force cap/bomb run would have ended it for us.

I rarely say I'd make changes in games I command but if I could do it over id get a sup (despite the @#(!ty rocks that had any sup 5k total from your high op) and rush galvs to clear the op high. Hopefully we could survive/mine long enough without corvs to deal with your heavy int pushes.

All in all it was a great game from both sides though. My bitching about sy is just that, bitching about sy, not either teams frankly awesome play
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

Kumquat wrote:QUOTE (Kumquat @ Nov 3 2014, 01:15 PM) Don't pay attention to him. He just wants to feel love for the first time in his life and is acting out.

SY is in general super OP in small games. You invest a minimal number of people into something that is tough as balls to stop with a small team just due to shield and hull numbers, nevermind if you actually add nans to it. There were things you could have done that would have killed us straight out. I'm not going to reveal them but they exist. The more people you have the less SY causes game ending problems. If we had even a person less we most likely lose.
Heh no one actually listens to fed I'm sure!

In retrospect we would have been much better off with full sup or adv tac. This loss is pretty much solely on me for dumping so much into sy. I thought an ass + 4 cruisers would be enough to win us the game and I was sorely mistaken! It doesn't really matter though since 15+ games are the exception, not the rule now!

I'm just sad you didn't get to bounce off any doors in an htt lol
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.
Kumquat

Post by Kumquat »

spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 3 2014, 08:07 PM) Heh no one actually listens to fed I'm sure!

In retrospect we would have been much better off with full sup or adv tac. This loss is pretty much solely on me for dumping so much into sy. I thought an ass + 4 cruisers would be enough to win us the game and I was sorely mistaken! It doesn't really matter though since 15+ games are the exception, not the rule now!

I'm just sad you didn't get to bounce off any doors in an htt lol
Joffry got to bounce off of two nukes so we'll make do with that. MVP fo sho.