Z v XEXY Nov 2nd Recap

Tactical advice, How-to, Post-mortem, etc.
Dome

Post by Dome »

*Dome@Z (Yellow) Omicron Hive - Adv Expansion, Adv Tactical, Adv Supremacy
v
Spideycw@XEXY (Blue) Iron Coalition - Tac, Drydock

Settings: High-Med

Map: Star

This was an incredible game with some real quality squad game play. There is no way I will be able to remember everything so think of this as the highlights:

-Both squads opened low, 9 Xexy lt ints and two scouts vs 9 Zenith fighters and two scouts. Both squads bunched their players together and slowly moved towards each other. When the formations got within 1000 meters of each other, all Zenith ships reversed thrust and lured Xexy in to attack. The opening furball was one of the better ones that I've seen. Both op cons went up and were about 1.8k from each other.

-Zenith sent second tp and op high, while Xexy took its choke with a TP. There was only one Uranium rock on the whole map, in Zenith's home, so we took it early. Xexy got a Tac low next to its home and started in on miner-o, killing two Zenith miners. Zenith was fairly successful at miner-o as well and scored some critical kills.

-Xexy bought bombers and bombed Zenith's low op and low tp, then started ripping around making Zenith scramble to d from various approaches while they mined, and Zenith could only mine with one miner. Zenith owned only one sector (high) outside of its home at this point. We focused on getting heavies up and got there relatively quickly. Zenith also tried to push a con to and bomb Xexy's choke tp but failed, lost the op con and bomber.

-Xexy got a Shipyard in its home and also took Zenith's choke with a tp. Corvettes started poking around everywhere both aggressively and defensively. Zenith massed heavy ints and swarmed corvs, killing some.

-Xexy secured the middle of the map with tps and started mining full loads out of there. In response, Zenith sent a full force bomb run and op con push to its own choke and thankfully succeeded. Zenith then had a better position for miner o, and claimed the He3 in that sector.

-Zenith got a tac up high in the sector next to its home. Xexy got its drydock up and sent a cruiser from left choke to Zenith's op/tp high and a cruiser from mid through to Zenith's choke. Zenith ALL docked, everyone got killer 1 sfs, five launched to defend high, while 7 launched to defend choke. Both cruisers were destroyed but the cruiser at choke was able to destroy the Zenith op. Xexy then went back to mining for more cruiser money and Zenith went back to mining for sbs.

-Zenith got sbs up, and sent four out to start clearing the map of tps. While that was happening Xexy got an assault ship in Zenith's tac sector and ripped in a cruiser while two more cruisers entered the sector from Zenith's choke.. Zenith had killer 2 at this point so we all scrambled to defend and shoot down nukes. Zenith successfully killed all three cruisers, leaving the Tac with a tiny sliver of hull. In the fray KingJoffrey ate a tac-bound nuke with his sf, then ate another nuke with his pod. Definitely the most clutch save I've ever seen. (All three of the cruisers had a 0 kb. If any of them with missiles that hit had even a 10kb the Tac would have been gone.) While that was happening the assault ship got into Zenith's home/exp sector and another cruiser ripped in and successfully killed Zenith's exp, but was killed before it could kill the Gar. While all of that was happening Zenith's sbs wiped Xexy's tps off the map.

-Zenith focused on taking the map then, got more miners, and snuck sbs into Xexy's tac sector. Xexy took a cruiser and a large force of nans high, so Zenith sbs attacked and just barely killed Xexy's tac low.

-Xexy continued sneaking more assault ships around and ripped in a couple cruisers right next to Zenith's high tac and destroyed it. Zenith rebuilt the tac, then got another one, and then a sup and upgraded it (ab hammer3, dis3 adv figs, etc). Zenith sbs started killing Xexy's home tps over and over. Xexy used assault ships with corvette cover to rip in bombers and kill some Zenith tps.

-Xexy sent another huge assault ship/cruiser/corve run to try to kill Zenith's second tac high, but were all podded. Zenith took the opportunity and sent all craft into Xexy's home: sbs, figs, sfs, reg bombers, everything. With coordination from sbs already set up on the drydock, the gar was destroyed and the drydock immediately after.

GREAT GAME! Allegiance at its most epic.

Weedman's video of opening, miner kills, tac defense, gar defense, and final run: (NSFW) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Qj5nd ... x4&index=2
Last edited by Dome on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I am very upset i could not be there.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

Not sure how you guys got stuck to two sectors and almost lost that despite having the best tech path for star. Sometimes you just get lucky though.

GG.
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
Student

Post by Student »

GG. If only Blacksun was podded. If only. Was a really fun game, and in my mind nobody truly lost. No one is out and it was an intense 2 hour and 22 minute squad game. Who could ask for more? Well played Zenith, this was a game for the ages.
-Student
SysX
@Alleg
Hebrews 11:3
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

I could definetly ask for more U rocks student.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Student wrote:QUOTE (Student @ Nov 3 2014, 01:02 AM) GG. If only Blacksun was podded. If only. Was a really fun game, and in my mind nobody truly lost. No one is out and it was an intense 2 hour and 22 minute squad game. Who could ask for more? Well played Zenith, this was a game for the ages.
I got podded.
I maneged to damage the drydock and then, Weedman finished it off.
To my suprise i was not eyed while moving in range, considering i was still recharging energy.
Amazing game!
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 2 2014, 07:15 PM) A long but great game! Was good quality play on both sides! But oh man sy, what has happened to you? Not sure how you stopped 4 cruisers at once on your tac with only 15 people but very nice! Nice comming from dome and good flying from z.

P.s. my life for an exp rock lol
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.
cashto

Post by cashto »

That was an enjoyable game to watch (at least part of it, I had to leave before it ended). When I joined it looked like @XEXY had it in the bag, but it was impressive to see OH get dual adv tech with only four safe sectors to mine. I also had no idea killer2 was so effective on caps.

I didn't see any nukes being shot down on that 3 cruiser run, it looked like they got 4 nukes in but left the tac with a sliver.

I feel really responsible though, I was giving vogue @#(! during the game and I guess it really got to him, put him off his game, that's probably why you lost. I'm sorry about that @XEXY.

Looking forward to our rematch next week.
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
Student

Post by Student »

Where was Weedman? I only saw you firing at the end.
-Student
SysX
@Alleg
Hebrews 11:3
Thallium

Post by Thallium »

The three cruiser run on the tac was epic, especially when one of the sfs took a nuke to the cabin. Damn good game, and great write up.