Z v XEXY Nov 2nd Recap

Tactical advice, How-to, Post-mortem, etc.
Win98SE

Post by Win98SE »

Star, 12 sectors, 1 exp rock.... When we(End) played Zenith in round 2 on star both of the exp rocks were mid. It happens. Also if I read ICE and pcore7 correctly a lifepod has 25hp, but SRM Tactical Nuke has 60, so a lifepod alone should not be able to stop it. In the video Weedman was shooting the Nuke as it hit KingJoffrey. KingJoffrey is crazy player though, and that was still amazing for him to slam dunk 2 nukes. As has been pointed out, none of the Cruisers on that run had any KB and the tac survived with about 10% hull it looked like.

SY is what is and SY game have gone both ways both now and before(HTT anyone?), skycap turret gunners can also shoot down killer missiles. Seems like this game could have gone either way.

Maybe next time XEXY will have the exp rock. Or they can be mid. Lol.

Glad you all had fun.
QUOTE Failcomm[/quote]
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Win98SE wrote:QUOTE (Win98SE @ Nov 3 2014, 05:49 PM) Star, 12 sectors, 1 exp rock.... When we(End) played Zenith in round 2 on star both of the exp rocks were mid. It happens. Also if I read ICE and pcore7 correctly a lifepod has 25hp, but SRM Tactical Nuke has 60, so a lifepod alone should not be able to stop it. In the video Weedman was shooting the Nuke as it hit KingJoffrey. KingJoffrey is crazy player though, and that was still amazing for him to slam dunk 2 nukes. As has been pointed out, none of the Cruisers on that run had any KB and the tac survived with about 10% hull it looked like.
That's not how missiles work. I'm not entirely sure how you could think that's how missiles work.

EDIT: Upon further review, if you look in the chat at the bottom you can clearly see KJ get podded (by the nuke) and then get PK'd (again, by the nuke).
Last edited by zombywoof on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Win98SE

Post by Win98SE »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Nov 3 2014, 07:54 PM) That's not how missiles work. I'm not entirely sure how you could think that's how missiles work.

EDIT: Upon further review, if you look in the chat at the bottom you can clearly see KJ get podded (by the nuke) and then get PK'd (again, by the nuke).
Opps, yea I was confused about how missiles work vs ships. My bad.

Edit, I was figuring the missile could pass through him, going into the TAC, like a ship would. Doh.
Last edited by Win98SE on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE Failcomm[/quote]
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

yes, in all honesty I thought I had gunned that particular nuke down, but I had not.

but yes, clutch play there jeff.

I'm now curious how many seconds sniper1 has to make contact to kill them
my math says just over 1 second assuming no misses, but in reality, you will miss 50% of shots on that little bugger so more like 2 seconds, maybe3
head on would be best
Last edited by Weedman on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Win98SE

Post by Win98SE »

Weedman wrote:QUOTE (Weedman @ Nov 3 2014, 08:21 PM) yes, in all honesty I thought I had gunned that particular nuke down, but I had not.

but yes, clutch play there jeff.

I'm now curious how many seconds sniper1 has to make contact to kill them
As you were shooting it down, he was hit by it.
QUOTE Failcomm[/quote]
Kumquat

Post by Kumquat »

I hearby proclaim that the Joffrey move needs a name.

Perhaps The King's Sacrifice. Any other ideas?

Or, The King is Dead, Long Live the King!
Last edited by Kumquat on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

The King's Gambit
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

The king's fall
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

I guess it was a good, close game but i just found it extremely boring. I had to pilot a corv all game other than soloing 2 miners off the bat, which i seem to recall being our only kills for a very long time. The cat and mouse in the ass ship was pretty fun, but mostly it was 2 hours of telling my gunners to wake the $#@! up :P

I think it would have gone ok had we stopped with corvs and teched something else, but by then you guys had mini3 heavies so we would have been on the back foot all game anyway. Had you not bought bombers you probably could have had htts before we got adv tech with another path, owing to OH's ridic econ
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

Brood also spent a bit of time complaining about Drizzo's vette positioning on miner d :thumbsup:
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.