PCore007

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

This time PCore comes in the main version as well as a version without draconium/phoenix each ("PCore007nd"/"PCore007np"). These versions are for testing to see if yiggz and others with the same problem can play without those factions in the core (and if one of them works, might as well use it once in a while). I am currently not planning to remove either faction from PCore permanently.

My main focus was on gunships, because while I acknowledge that gunships for their price should be good, they were simply unfun for the opposite team and way too good in small games.
Other than that there is a nerf to interceptor sidethrusting to make them more hittable, some econ adjustments for drac and OH and some smaller stuff.

CODEGunships:
- now have 50% more hull (like hvy bbrs)
- 25% less thrust (750 from 1000)
- can mount lt boost (and after a last-second-before-release change they also mount it by default)
- do not mount skycaps
- turn acceleration is 25% worse (not maximum turn speed)
- cost 250 each
->Still a good ship especially with how much hull/mobility it has now, but no longer a 2k instant killing machine when gunned
(-OH gunships get extra energy+regen because they use energy based weaponry for all 3 weapons)
(-halved med booster (belters) fuel needs to be an improvement on lt boost for gunships. Adjusted other belters ships fuel amount to compensate)

Exp:
- Fixed pp1. It had 5k scan range instead of 3k the whole time and it took me getting eyed in a squadgame when I shouldnt have been to notice ;-)
- All int thrust reduced to 350 [400]. Seeing how I had complains about 5 different ints being "too small"/"too hard to hit" (and I even agreed with some
of them) weeds int thrust increase (from 300 to 400) clearly was too much. All afterburners thrust increased by 50 to have the same total forward while boosting.

GT:
- Ion boost now mounts in any slot that can mount lt boost (afaik that is every boosting ship). Enjoy!

Draconium:
- Reduced draconium hull to belters level: 1.05 [1.1], their accel to 1.0 [1.1] and their mining speed to 1.0 [1.05]. I only agreed to the accel buff with the
initial models and the new ones have proved to be too hard to hit all around.
- decreased all scout size to 15 [16.5] (scouts were really easy to hit with new hitbox/size, this counterbalances the accel nerf and buffs them a bit on top of that)

Omicon Hive:
- Reduced OH mining speed to 0.9 [1.0], their starting money by 1600 (14400 on med start), and their payday by 60/minute. (540 instead of 600)

Gigacorp:
- Giga lxy bbrs now require an adv techbase to be used.
- Skycap 1 research now only available if sy is on (as giga has no use for skycap otherwise)
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
Terran

Post by Terran »

good changes overall, though i feel the drac scout needs a further size reduction
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
vogue

Post by vogue »

Also I'm looking at the numbers here and they just don't add up. Where are the buffs for heavy scouts????

Pls respond.

-Hvy scout lobby
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ May 5 2013, 08:35 PM) Vogue is clearly #1 and commanding against him feels like commanding against Spideycw at times... though he lacks that little bit of "I don't care who's on my team or what the factions are, it's going to be a stomp anyways" that Spidey managed to pull off in his heyday.
Terran

Post by Terran »

vogue wrote:QUOTE (vogue @ Oct 15 2014, 03:17 PM) Also I'm looking at the numbers here and they just don't add up. Where are the buffs for heavy scouts????

Pls respond.

-Hvy scout lobby
+1
Last edited by Terran on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

Keep asking and I will make hvy scouts more maneuverable - by removing the ability to load anything :P
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
Raven_42

Post by Raven_42 »

Changes look good. Perhaps AC Turrets is too drastic for the gs, but need to see it play out. Is a light version of SC in SY off games feasible? Maybe with a little less range, shot speed, aoe, dps.

Code: Select all

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4351/babelfish.png[/img]
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Full AC is 1500m so I'm not sure there's design space for a lt skycap.

EDIT:

Also I'm worried about the interceptor changes. They feel a bit sluggish and the change to their accel gives them a LOT of extra range. I think it would be better if you reverted the maximum thrust and then tweaked the maximum sidethrusts. I know you can do it in ICE I just forget what it's called. That way they can't side-thrust as well but they have the same 0-60 feel.
Last edited by zombywoof on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Oct 16 2014, 04:35 PM) Full AC is 1500m so I'm not sure there's design space for a lt skycap.

EDIT:

Also I'm worried about the interceptor changes. They feel a bit sluggish and the change to their accel gives them a LOT of extra range. I think it would be better if you reverted the maximum thrust and then tweaked the maximum sidethrusts. I know you can do it in ICE I just forget what it's called. That way they can't side-thrust as well but they have the same 0-60 feel.
Changing sidethrust values limits the maximum speed a ship can go sideways too, so its different.
I'm interested how much extra range you think they get - because the reduced accel afaik should only affect the 5s of fuel reload (okay so you start the next boost segment faster too, maybe its more than I thought)

I guess I'll actually have to run a test :P

EDIT: Test results:
PCore006 lt IC int with 3 spare fuel racks, launching from garr boosting constantly: around 13.5k until fuel runs out and speed down to normal
PCore007 lt IC int with 3 spare fuel racks, launching from garr boosting constantly: around 14.3k until fuel runs out and speed down to normal

Not an issue IMO
Last edited by ThePhantom032 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Yeah it should be about a 1/8th increase in range.

And yes, it would change the maximum speed a ship can go sideways but I don't see why that's a big deal. Aren't ints basically a thick hull mounted around a fatty booster and a pair of guns? Why should they go sideways as fast as they can go forward? It's just my thoughts though in terms of preserving the flavor of ints.

One other thing I'd like to talk about: can we do something about Phoenix? That faction is just so blah and boring. GT has no refs and a pile of extra tech that augments its techpaths and can even be considered its own techpaths. Phoenix gets... disco balls. IC has ungalvable techbases and a well-defined series of perks and nerfs that leave their ships as defined brawlers. Phoenix has... um, a slight sensor perk? Rix changes its turn rates drastically based on whether or not you're looking at pitch or yaw and has a good roll speed to make up for it. Phoenix... is slightly better going up-down but the same as everyone else going left-right.

I don't know where the faction was originally intended to go but people talk about assault shields so maybe they're supposed to be the shield faction? Right now though they feel more like you're playing on FairCore than an actual game of Allegiance.

My thoughts:

1) Give them unique shields again. It doesn't have to be insane or over the top like Assault shields were, but a 1.2 buff to shield strength and shield charge with a different AC for their shields would go a long way. Maybe even consider sticking a small shield generator on ints and lowering their hull to .8.

2) Introduce a special tech that's like EW Nanite but for shields only. Introduce it as a late-game tech for them.

3) Give them an economic identity. Right now they're "rix with slow research." Ugh.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Oct 16 2014, 09:03 PM) Yeah it should be about a 1/8th increase in range.

And yes, it would change the maximum speed a ship can go sideways but I don't see why that's a big deal. Aren't ints basically a thick hull mounted around a fatty booster and a pair of guns? Why should they go sideways as fast as they can go forward? It's just my thoughts though in terms of preserving the flavor of ints.
As stated above, its not 1/8th range increase because it only affects the 5 reload seconds, not the time spent boosting. As a result the range increase is about as much as I expected (meaning not enough to make a real difference)

On phoenix: I have no idea where to go with phoenix. I know a shield repair gun is definitely impossible without a code change though.