PCore007

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Phoenix did have a direction, it was just removed because in small games it was "unbanlanced". Phoenix in pc isnt the same phoenix as in DN. thats why it server no purpose. Phoenix now is just a broken faction.

Btw I´ve seen you seldomly played peenix. Just by saying it serve no purpose as a commander. Despite its hard learning curve due to their econ and weak early game, their endgame is far better than IC (just as by your comparison). Phoenix and TF were broken in DN because of the way they were played, not because of their perk/nerfs, as it was bios with XRM (per example).
Last edited by Archangelus on Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Archangelus wrote:QUOTE (Archangelus @ Dec 7 2014, 07:32 AM) Btw I´ve seen you seldomly played peenix. Just by saying it serve no purpose as a commander. Despite its hard learning curve due to their econ and weak early game, their endgame is far better than IC (just as by your comparison). Phoenix and TF were broken in DN because of the way they were played, not because of their perk/nerfs, as it was bios with XRM (per example).
That's the thing though, there's no special way to play Phoenix right now. I used to play Phoenix because "lololol vanguards." I've heard people talk about the adv fig drones or whatever. But there's no real reason to play Phoenix right now. Vanguards are underpowered for how expensive they are and all the rest of their techpaths are incredibly average. I have no idea why you think Peenix's endgame is far better than IC. They don't have the strength to brute force and they don't have any perks that help them sneak. Without any econ perks they don't have the ability to multitech better than IC.

Phoenix was broken in DN because it was a fundamentally different faction with assault shields and unnannable bbrs and much better vanguards. DN phoenix isn't the same as PCore phoenix by a long shot.

I have no idea why TF enters this discussion but TF's taken two major hits over the years. First of all, ramming TF constructors used to do precisely nothing thanks to an accell perk. Second of all, lead indicators on all their ships may have hindered Broodwich level aimers but it meant your (0)s could actually hit the thing they were targeting so overall it was a huge, huge, huge buff.

And either way TF is still a fine faction. They have good INT hitboxes, insanely awesome scouts, miners that can be ripped to, and adv scouts with 2x the nans. You don't see me play TF all that often but it's not because I think they're boring, I guarantee that.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Dec 7 2014, 01:34 PM) Phoenix was broken in DN because it was a fundamentally different faction with assault shields and unnannable bbrs and much better vanguards. DN phoenix isn't the same as PCore phoenix by a long shot.
And this is why I say you have no knowledge of how phoenix was played back then. Vanguards, vulcans, lazzor cannons were all fun tech and very useful, despite their expensive costs. But what broke phoenix were the assault bases. Despite the special tech, everysingle ship is a regular one overall. Assault shields werent game breaking until the playerbase became too small to effectively counter it, but the total removal of it, definetly put phoenix way below.

Before trying to tweak things around you should really figure out how the faction used to work. Phoexnix right now is just sucky because it has no other way to strive the early game, like it used to. If you wanna tweak something you should start from there, not adding some unuseful ending game tech that wouldnt give any impact at the actual way the faction is played. It will have just more pieces of things that seldomly ppl will get.
Last edited by Archangelus on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

The fact that they once had broken pieces of tech that were hideously overpowered doesn't change that right now Phoenix is beyond useless.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Dec 8 2014, 03:06 AM) The fact that they once had broken pieces of tech that were hideously overpowered doesn't change that right now Phoenix is beyond useless.
Giving them ridiculously broken pieces of tech that won't affect their actual problems wont change it either.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

If you aren't going to read the suggestions you could at least read the opinions of people who HAVE read them.

Djole thinks the ships are underpowered and Vogue likes the suggestions. Neither of them think that I'm giving them "ridiculously broken pieces of tech," and the goal isn't to give them "ridiculously broken pieces of tech" but rather to simply give them something that differentiates them from the other faction aside from being boring.
P1 TLDR

Post by P1 TLDR »

Phoenix would be cool if you could get hybrid ships by multiteching (imagine int/sf hybrids, int/fig hybrids, and fig/sf hybrids).
kaiser33

Post by kaiser33 »

P1 TLDR wrote:QUOTE (P1 TLDR @ Dec 8 2014, 04:06 PM) Phoenix would be cool if you could get hybrid ships by multiteching (imagine int/sf hybrids, int/fig hybrids, and fig/sf hybrids).
you seriously wasted an email space in the world just to make a username making fun of p1 ??? ROFL now thats having enough time in your hands :P
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Not enough time to read though!
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

kaiser33 wrote:QUOTE (kaiser33 @ Dec 9 2014, 01:36 AM) you seriously wasted an email space in the world just to make a username making fun of p1 ??? ROFL now thats having enough time in your hands :P
:roll:
Take a wild guess who did it.
Hint: If the answer is not 'phoenix1' think again.