Modifying existing sounds for some actions.

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance music, soundfiles, chatpacks, and other audio-related content.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

So
I have a bunch of sound files from the allegiance Demo i wanna use.
Most are different responses by constructors and miners in regards to your orders.
For example, when telling a sup con to bulid on a Silicon rock, I would to trigger the voice chat which says "I can't bulid there"
Or when a miner is ordered to mine, I would like to trigger the voice chat which says "Mining...."
Ad so forth.
How do i do that?
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
pkk

Post by pkk »

Easiest way is replacing equivalent sound file in artwork directory. I'm not sure if MS renamed to sound files. See sounddef.mdl.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Ok thanks.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
kaiser33

Post by kaiser33 »

what you mean you want to replace the "affirmative" with an "mining" for the miner, but the miner uses the same file as every order in the game , affirmative is used by a lot of stuff including the miner, changing that file would answer mining when u press insert for example D: