R8

Questions / Announcements area for beta tests of Allegiance's future updates.
pkk

Post by pkk »

I was able to compile the code on my machine with VS2010.

New build available via ACSS AU.

PS:
There is no lobby right now.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

My current alleg install atm (6.03 ) PM still shows R7 as the build. (I re installed less than 5 minutes ago).
Is it online on the beta version?
Last edited by MagisterXF94 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

you also need to put the files in the art (dialog.mdl in every HUD) on AU if you already didn't

EDIT: And just judging by the update log you didn't :P
Last edited by Djole88 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pkk

Post by pkk »

Yep, forgot them...

Because of an issue within ACSS, only the one of six files is currently pushed via AU. BT will looking into that problem...

Current workaround until AU is fixed (extract into BETA folder and replace files):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/297 ... rtwork.zip
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Quick update. I wanted to test the JS fix, so I started training mission 6 using the beta.exe
Strangely Allegiance flipped my Joystick axes.
Pushing the Js left moves the ship to the right, pushing the joystick, down sends the ship up and so forth.
VEEERY wierd.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

Blacksun94 wrote:QUOTE (Blacksun94 @ Dec 18 2014, 07:15 PM) Quick update. I wanted to test the JS fix, so I started training mission 6 using the beta.exe
Strangely Allegiance flipped my Joystick axes.
Pushing the Js left moves the ship to the right, pushing the joystick, down sends the ship up and so forth.
VEEERY wierd.
I may have flipped the default axes direction by accident
use the flip switches and report back please
Last edited by Djole88 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Djole88 wrote:QUOTE (Djole88 @ Dec 18 2014, 07:16 PM) I may have flipped the default axes direction by accident
use the flip switches and report back please
Flipping the Axes in the option menu fixed it.
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

dialog.mdl issues should be resolved now. The files should push to you next time you connect.
ImageImage
pkk

Post by pkk »

Beta lobby and gameserver are up...
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Dec 28 2014, 02:52 PM) Beta lobby and gameserver are up...
Quick update.
I still crash when loading a core with draconium (PC008b) and my full high res texture pack.
After that I tried to launch another game on A+ core, and I CTD when clicking force launch.
I'll report back if i discover something else.
I can launch succesfully if I remove all my 71 high res files
Last edited by MagisterXF94 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.