PCore006

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

After failing to get some changes to work as I wanted them to, I finally decided to release what I have, even if I'm not happy with how little it is.

CODEGeneral:
-Speed GA now costs half and gives half the benefit (5% instead of 10%)
--> Speed GA in general was too strong, even with the high price. Tac does not benefit from the high speed as much as the other techpaths do. This nerf is mainly thought to make getting an early tac for
speed GA and afterwards winning with impossible to catch ints/figs a bit less viable (15k for 10% speed is now 12.5k for 5% when doing it like that) while at the same time reducing the ridiculous
maximum speeds already fast factions like belters, dreg or giga could get.

Drac:
-New fig model and hitbox
-Increased fig scale factor to 17 [15]
--> With the new hitbox, the ~15% increase in size should be enough... but I have a really hard time guessing that when dming myself (haha) with basically 0 ping.

Dreg:
-Now uses new con model again
--> Back with the remake, dreg also got new con models, but weed forgot to put them in. Unless there actually was an issue with them I dont know about. Anyway, I think they look better so I put them in.
-Now has 0.85 hull [0.9]
-> Dregs generally strong performance due to the high speed gets them an all around nerf. I decided against simply increasing their ints/figs in size and instead decided to globally reduce the hull a bit, with all that affects.

Tf:
- Now starts with enh contructors researched.
-->Tf had a relatively weak opening ever since I changed how tier 1 tracking missiles behave and scouts get slaughtered by not only ints but also figs and patties (of equal skill). This should allow a better chance to expand -
however, as commander, dont forget you still need a techbase early, because your scouts aren't any better...
Last edited by ThePhantom032 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
Terran

Post by Terran »

bring fun hvy scouts back!
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
vogue

Post by vogue »

Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Sep 6 2014, 04:03 PM) bring fun hvy scouts back!

agreed - i've proved today they are useless anyways. despite the haters
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ May 5 2013, 08:35 PM) Vogue is clearly #1 and commanding against him feels like commanding against Spideycw at times... though he lacks that little bit of "I don't care who's on my team or what the factions are, it's going to be a stomp anyways" that Spidey managed to pull off in his heyday.
Phalanxe

Post by Phalanxe »

Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Sep 6 2014, 01:03 PM) bring fun hvy scouts back!
please!
QUOTE 08/15/14 20:08:53: BabelFish (all): there are too many blacks on[/quote]
100%
BlackBagel

Post by BlackBagel »

lxy patties?
§
Raven_42

Post by Raven_42 »

Couple of minor things that come to mind: Ion boost doesn't work on ints (maybe some other ships also), OH SBs have 2 guns. Also I think dreg figs need to be more hittable, as do giga ints. Havent tested the drac figs yet, but thanks for keeping this going, even if you will be slacking off a bit now as you say :P .

Code: Select all

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4351/babelfish.png[/img]
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

(rix) hvy scouts have their uses and are good in certain situations. Making them better so they could deal with every situation would make them OP, so no.
Tbh I'd rather nerf both them and adv scouts a bit more but make the research cheaper instead. I dont really have any plans for this so it will definitely stay unchanged for now.

lxy patties... not really high on the priority list :P

OH sbs having 2 guns is correct - 2 hammer1 guns firing for 4s is the equivalent of shooting an ab1 missile every 4 seconds.
Just unlike bombers, stealthbombers have half the ammo, effectively limiting them to 2 missiles worth of damage before reloading.
Effectively they have the same damage/second as missile based sbs, but they need 4s of shooting to reach the point where other sbs launch the first missile.
On the upside they have a really low signature when not firing (but ready to fire), making them harder to detect when coming for the base, which is why they still perform well. Maybe too well?

ship size issues have been noted, i will try to keep an eye on them when i have time to play. This is near impossible to tell on a lan server, even if I made the effort to run alleg on a second comp and feed it an autohotkey script to automate sidethrusting, because ships wont jump at all.
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

OH Sbs seem extremely good. Perhaps it's because I've only seen them in combination with exp (which then they should be extremely good).

I feel OH's econ needs a tweak, it's pretty damn easy to get dual adv tech.
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

OH has a yield boost?

EDIT:
One of theese days I'll get that core dev app to work for me and then I won't be asking stupid questions like this :P
Last edited by Djole88 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Djole88 wrote:QUOTE (Djole88 @ Sep 17 2014, 12:39 PM) OH has a yield boost?

EDIT:
One of theese days I'll get that core dev app to work for me and then I won't be asking stupid questions like this :P
Make a copy of your artwork folder, and extract ICE in that backup folder.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]