PCore006

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

MagisterXF94 wrote:QUOTE (MagisterXF94 @ Sep 17 2014, 01:56 PM) Make a copy of your artwork folder, and extract ICE in that backup folder.
no its some .net component issue (guess I could use a VM)
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

I noticed playing a game yesterday that basic Giga scouts can not use pulse probes is this also the case with all basic scouts?
If so how come?
ImageImage
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

Papsmear wrote:QUOTE (Papsmear @ Sep 20 2014, 01:46 PM) I noticed playing a game yesterday that basic Giga scouts can not use pulse probes is this also the case with all basic scouts?
If so how come?
No scouts can use pulse probes, been that way since I started playing (WC3).
ChaoticStorm

Post by ChaoticStorm »

Weed removed the ability for scouts to drop pulse probes making it an int only item.

WC01 changelog

QUOTE *PULSE PROBE only used by Interceptors!
wtf why?
I tell you why.
Scouts are perfectly able of finding sbs using their own scan range. Adv/Hvy scouts with scan range of 3000m.
PP is a 5000m scan range.

In a way, this is a buff to tac, and to SBS mostly. Because Honestly, how many times has a hvy scout stumbled upon your sb
and killed you? sometimes . How many times have they pulse probed you and killed you. Alot.
In a way, this is a buff to exp, because only interceptors can mount it. If your opposition is sup or tac, they cannot
steal it and use it, only if they are exp can they steal it and use it.[/quote]
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Thanks for the info
ImageImage
vogue

Post by vogue »

3 racks of ammo hvy int - dmg2 and mini 1 vs basic draconium miner. Didn't miss a single bullet, no lull in firing except for reloads, couldn't kill it.

Fix it.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ May 5 2013, 08:35 PM) Vogue is clearly #1 and commanding against him feels like commanding against Spideycw at times... though he lacks that little bit of "I don't care who's on my team or what the factions are, it's going to be a stomp anyways" that Spidey managed to pull off in his heyday.
Patman3

Post by Patman3 »

Faction doesn't need to have 1.1 hull. Give it 1.0 or 1.05 and see how it works out.

I've been saying this for a while now but I feel like the game was originally balanced around a baseline hull of 0.9 and not 1.0 like people seem to think.

IC had "tough" hull at 0.95 iirc the stupid little game card that shipped with the game even mentioned this as a perk
Giga had "weak" hull at 0.85
Rix/Bios were 0.9

Belters got a "tougher" hull of 1.05 - they are a shieldless faction that has generally big models with poor acceleration (flying bricks) I think they aren't too OP.

With Technoflux onward faction designers thought it would be a good idea to give their new factions 1.0 hull (GT and OH have this) which is generally fine but I'm pretty you've noticed how much harder it is to kill a miner/con belonging to one of those factions. More obviously, the interceptors also seem much better with these newer factions probably because of the durability. With drac you get relatively big modeled ships that zoom around all over the place making them way hard(er) to hit.

I think ship hull plays a HUGE role in this game, more than the other GA since it plays a role in every single engagement as opposed to something like PW damage which is instead directly relayed to aim/player skill.

Note that I personally consider the .85/.9 hull factions to be paper so I'm all for more hull if everyone else gets it too.
Last edited by Patman3 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

100% agree with Culmers.
Raven_42

Post by Raven_42 »

I still think OH ints are also too hard to hit

Code: Select all

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4351/babelfish.png[/img]
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

Raven_42 wrote:QUOTE (Raven_42 @ Sep 26 2014, 10:09 AM) I still think OH ints are also too hard to hit
I watched one of the weedman's vids, seems that OH ints were fatter back then so who put them on a diet?