Please Boot Me!

Allegiance discussion not belonging in another forum.
beeman

Post by beeman »

I'm not a good player...but I do what I can. I'm far from being able to command a game, but was in a game Saturday night and I don't know what the hell this Comm was doing, but he wasn't investing in any tech. He may have been going expansion, but after 20 -30 minutes we still had only scouts and LT INTS with mini2 - the other team had HVY INTS and mini 3.
At any rate I say F-this and grab an int and go 4 sectors away to look for miners. Our base gets attacked and I get booted for not defending the base. I personally want to say THANK YOU to that COMM. It was painful to have the other team camp our base at will, wait for brbs while we sit there able to do nothing. I don't drop out of games, because I think once you enter play, you play until the end.
So again my gratitude to the @#(!ty comm who booted me. It was humilating to be in that game and ask future comms that get in over their heads, resign...or boot me! PLEASE BOOT ME!!!

Fishbone
"What if, star sailor, I were to come over your house and punch you in the $#@!ing face?!
Will that finally get you to shut the hell up?!?" -- neotoxin
shihabdider

Post by shihabdider »

Did you at least tell the comm your concerns before going awol? He might've given you reasons for his decisions (which if poor or missing, you could've pointed out). Also you went 4 sectors away from a base with an int? I'm not that experienced with the game, but going so far away with a non-ripping ship seems a bit dubious (granted, you had no choice since there no other ships available, but again did you bring this up with the comm?).

Finally, I agree that he shouldn't have booted you. Personally, unless you are downright cheating or harassing other players, you shouldn't be booted, but some people have tempers. What can you do?

Unless of course, you did in fact inform the comm, and he either berated you or ignored you. In that case, I am in wholehearted agreement, and you were definitely dealt the short-end.
Sing O! Muse, the incompetence of shihab, that brought countless ills upon his teammates. Many a brave bomb run, it sent hurrying to pods; many a con did it leave prey to enemy int whores, for so were the councils of his commanders ignored, that the moment he entered in his ship, he flew circles...
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

fishbone wrote:QUOTE (fishbone @ Sep 2 2014, 06:14 AM) At any rate I say F-this and grab an int and go 4 sectors away to look for miners.
Instaboot in any commanders rulebook. Even @#(!ty ones!

If you were dreg with their scan range and were witnessed by an @alleg, its almost grounds for a ban! :P
beeman

Post by beeman »

Vortrog wrote:QUOTE (Vortrog @ Sep 1 2014, 06:52 PM) Instaboot in any commanders rulebook. Even @#(!ty ones!

If you were dreg with their scan range and were witnessed by an @alleg, its almost grounds for a ban! :P
So
1) Sit in base and do nothing.
2) Leave base that is camped and get podded instantly (scout can't boost out the red door to prevent from getting podded).
3) Leave base in int and fight HVY INTS with mini3 and get podded.

Vortog...PLEASE BOOT ME!!! I am going to look for you as Comm so I can Join your team and you can boot me...just boot me 3 seconds into the game because I'll take an int and fly as far as I can and pull a "Thelma and Louise"....
God I love this game!!
Last edited by beeman on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What if, star sailor, I were to come over your house and punch you in the $#@!ing face?!
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

fishbone wrote:QUOTE (fishbone @ Sep 2 2014, 10:19 AM) So
1) Sit in base and do nothing.
2) Leave base that is camped and get podded instantly (scout can't boost out the red door to prevent from getting podded).
3) Leave base in int and fight HVY INTS with mini3 and get podded.

Vortog...PLEASE BOOT ME!!! I am going to look for you as Comm so I can Join your team and you can boot me...just boot me 3 seconds into the game because I'll take an int and fly as far as I can and pull a "Thelma and Louise"....
God I love this game!!
Goddam, you are Houdini!. How did you get 4 sectors in an int again? :lol:

Can a mod move this to rants? This needs to be bumped up a notch as it has potential.

Ill never leave you techless, and if I do I would be posting resign a long time before you have time to walk your supercloaking, high scan range light int 4 sectors to kill miners with your Utl3 Miniguns.

Protip: #resign negates items 1, 2 and 3. If it doesn't, log out and play with a dog. It does wonders! ;)

Im thinking you had Girlykid/CDKing as a commander. The only explaination.
Last edited by Vortrog on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Problemz

Post by Problemz »

Nope, it was my game against Bownok or Wild I believe. We had regular ints for a while now and I asked you what the hell you were doing 3-4 sectors away in a light int when we had reg ints up for about 4-5min. We got hvy ints shortly after and you were once again, (in a REGULAR int this time), 3-4 sectors away for no apparent reason while they capped/bombed us so I booted you since you hadnt answered my question in the first place. And if you dont like playing the game, then just $#@!ing quit it and come back under a different name like normal people.

P.S. I booted Raptor the same game as well for flying circles in an int 2k from an op con and watching it die for no reason.
Last edited by Problemz on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Sep 16 2014, 09:45 AM) Yeah this Drizzo kid always making me carry his sorry ass in League and then complaining when I show only marginal competence in Allegiance.
beeman

Post by beeman »

Problemz wrote:QUOTE (Problemz @ Sep 1 2014, 08:28 PM) Nope, it was my game against Bownok or Wild I believe. We had regular ints for a while now and I asked you what the hell you were doing 3-4 sectors away in a light int when we had reg ints up for about 4-5min. We got hvy ints shortly after and you were once again, (in a REGULAR int this time), 3-4 sectors away for no apparent reason while they capped/bombed us so I booted you since you hadnt answered my question in the first place. And if you dont like playing the game, then just $#@!ing quit it and come back under a different name like normal people.

P.S. I booted Raptor the same game as well for flying circles in an int 2k from an op con and watching it die for no reason.
Seriously, and this is just me...I don't come back into games or use multiple callsigns. If I get booted I assume I disobeyed the comm or broke a major rule...and should be out of the game (I do not agree with booting people for making mistakes...disobeying the commander is one thing...making a mistake I do not believe a player should be booted)
But every comm has the right so when I got booted, like I said, I was glad, the other team had us pinned down, there was no way out and I would never request resign as I feel that is the commander's decision. I seriously am suprised you got heavy ints because noone could leave base, they had multiple tech bases, and we coudn't even leave base to protect miners.
If you got HVY ints then congrats, but if you lasted 3 minutes after that I'm throwing the B.S. flag. We were meat.
Problemz

Post by Problemz »

You were completely useless flying around in a lt/reg int for no apparent reason 3-4 sectors away. If you were in a scout and were probing or doing something useful, I wouldnt have booted you. But you didnt respond to my first message asking wtf you were doing, so I booted you because you should know better than to do @#(! like that without probes or without any idea where their miners actually are. And we lasted quite a bit in our 5v8 with hvy ints, at least 4mins :P
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Sep 16 2014, 09:45 AM) Yeah this Drizzo kid always making me carry his sorry ass in League and then complaining when I show only marginal competence in Allegiance.
Win98SE

Post by Win98SE »

Problemz wrote:QUOTE (Problemz @ Sep 1 2014, 08:28 PM) P.S. I booted Raptor the same game as well for flying circles in an int 2k from an op con and watching it die for no reason.
LOL

I believe GeneralRaptor=Girlykid=CDKing. Just found out the other day when I saw GeneralRaptor defend with a SF, and apparently could not find the K key to cloak. Seen a few newbies make this mistake, but I think it is him. Could be wrong though.

Edit: Hey just saw that Dome posted the results of this game in page 21 of the the "log in, and play" thread.
http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...0&start=400
Last edited by Win98SE on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE Failcomm[/quote]
Terran

Post by Terran »

#bootforabetterallegiance :D
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]