Pcore005

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

Lots of stuff changed. Quite a couple minor bugfixes but also some bigger changes, which I will state first (detailed changelog with all the changes is at the end of the post):

The main change about sup is that in weedcore fighter sidethrust strenght went up a lot (from half to full). This has been regulated down to a progressive scale (50% to 85%), weakening figs dodging capabilities especially in the early game. To compensate, quickfires are now in sup and qf3 is easily available when you reach adv figs. Also, ews and xrm ab upgrades only cost 2500 now, making it possible to invest into them without delaying your endgame even more.

Expansion now gets tts in basic exp again. This will help TF and OH the most, because of long research times. However, they only mount EMP cannons that can be used to lower the shields on small bases. This is NOT an instant shield-kill, but requires some time. Do not expect miracles, it is very hard to actually capture a base as long as there is any defenders. However, if you do manage to pull it off, capturing an outpost during the early phase of the game is incredibly profitable, as you get a full sector of He3 and map control while your enemy loses this. By itself a tt needs up to 35 seconds to lower outpost shields, but help from interceptors can drastically reduce this.
Since the tt remains mostly unsuited to capture bases i figured no nerf to expansion was needed for this. However, I decided to split Pulse probes into PP1 and PP2, giving PP1 only 3k scanrange. (I found exps ability to no-sell even adv tac by going starbase and getting counter 3 while using basic exp with pp to kill all sfs problematic. This forces getting adv exp to find sfs at long range, while allowing to use pp1 for early defense against sfs with sig1/2). To compensate a bit, PP1 can now be found in the treasures. Afterburner 2 also got added to treasures, as it was simply missing.

Belters got a rework. They should fly better now. Important to note is that they again retain enh level ships if they lose their techbase, and can mount both booster and afterburner on all small ships, so use whichever has the higher tech level available. All medium ships get the new medium booster that requires a starbase and lt boost to research, but Scout fuel got a big nerf, so high speed bbrs are less of an issue than they were before.

Draconium:
- TA made new models for most of the ships and bases.
- Dreadnought 2 now can be docked at like a carrier.

Theres also a couple minor changes (though these minor changes may just have the most effect on faction choice):
Bios got slightly nerfed:
- reduced mining speed to 0.9 [1.0], to prolong the window in which it is possible to hurt bios by killing miners before they mine enough for adv tech.
- increased mass values of small ships to normal values. Mass of hvy cloak 1/2 is only 2 nowadays and not 8/6, so having the ship mass reduced by up to 6 to compensate is wrong.

Dreghklar had its he3 yield reduced to 1.2 from 1.35

Giga figs got new gunmounts.

GT now has quickfires available

A detailed changelog with all the changes is here:
CODESup:
- moved QF to sup.
- reduced thrust back to 0.5 for all nonbelters basic figs. to 0.65 for all nonbelters enh figs. to 0.85 for all nonbelters adv figs.
- reworked crs booster and fbs. Fbs now have mass and thrust like fighters but a worse crs booster, keeping them overall around the same.
- ews2/3 and xrm1/2 now cost 2500 each.

Exp:
- moved tts back to basic exp. Removed emp missile from tts.
- both tt and htts now mount 4 emp guns. emp guns are twice as effective against all kinds of base shields (techbase shield still takes no damage).
- moved emp missile to adv exp.
- split Pulse Probe into PP1 and PP2, with PP1 = 3k, PP2 = 5k scanrange, with PP2 research in adv exp.
- Afterburner 2 and Pulse Probe 1 added to treasures.

General:
- fixed a bug where seismic missiles (and drones) were only available to mount if you were belters or had a(n adv) tac built. Now both are always available as long as researched or picked up before, just like seismic cannons for TF,OH and Rix bombers already were.
- went through all techs and fixed where picking up mk3 would not give the mk2 version (or mk2 not mk1), leaving the mk2 research available even though you had the mk3 part.

The list of fixed parts is:
Counters:
Counter
Mines:
EMP mine
Mine pack
Prox mine
Missiles:
LRM Aleph res
LRM Hunter
LRM Killer
LRM Killer Swarm
MRM Seeker and QL version
SRM Anti-Base
SRM Dumbfire and QL version
SRM Tactucal Nuke
SRP Killer
XRM Anti-Base
XRM Cruise
XRM Hunter Klr
XRM Torpedo
XRP Anti-Base
Probes & Drones:
Combat Drone
EWS
Hvy Combat
Hvy Plas Gen
Laser Blossom
Plas Gen
Teleport Probe
General:
Afterburner
ER Nanite
EW A-B Can
EW Hvy A-B Can
EW Lsr Can
EW Mini-Phaser
EW Phaser
EW SkyRip LE
EW Sniper
EW Utl Can
Lt Booster
Med Shield
PE AutoCan
PE EMP Can
PE Gat Gun
PE Mini-AC
PE Mini-Gun
PE SkyCap
PE Vul Can
PW A-B Hammer
PW A-B Omega
PW AutoCan
PW EMP Can
PW Gat Gun
PW Lancer
PW Mini-AC
PW Mini-Gun
Small Shield

Belters overhaul:
All belters ships are now 50% heavier than those of other factions, while player ships have only 33% more thrust. (drones get 50% so they dont align for years when docking).
All belter small and medium ships have boosters and some fuel. Ships that wouldve had boosters anyway have more fuel, to compensate for the worse accel. For figs that is roughly 1/5th more fuel. Ints get only 1/15th more fuel.
Fuel values for scouts and sfs reduced to 4/5/7 for basic/enh/adv tech level.
All belter small craft can mount both boosters and afterburners.
All belter medium craft can mount the new belters-only medium booster. Everything but gunships has very low fuel, only allowing for short bursts of better acceleration, but no significant maximum speed increase. Gunships have some more fuel giving them some additional mobility.
Medium booster research requires lt booster 1 and a starbase.
Belters now keep their researched mk2 ships, even if the techbase is destroyed.
Omni figs now can mount hvy cloak and have slightly better base accel.

Bios:
- reduced mining speed to 0.9 [1.0]
- increased mass values of small ships to normal values.

Draconium:
- TA made new models for most of the ships and bases.
- Dreadnought 2 now can be docked at like a carrier.

Dreghklar:
- reduced yield to 1.2 [1.35]

GT
-enabled qfs for GT

Giga
- picking up hvy cloak 1/2 now gives sig cloak 1.
- reverted fig gunmounts back to cc16 version.

TF
- reduced tf fighter mass to 80% [96%] of others fighter mass, like all other TF ships.

Feedback is always welcome!
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
aem

Post by aem »

TestUS1 has been updated with Pcore005
Last edited by aem on Mon May 05, 2014 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

Working on getting a link for you to download hi-res textures.
Last edited by TheAlaskan on Tue May 06, 2014 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

Download hi-res textures here

Drop them into your textures folder within the Production Artwork folder
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Thanks P32, AEM & TA for the new updates, looking forward to trying them.
ImageImage
Raven_42

Post by Raven_42 »

Good work. One new glitch I have found, missiles tracking to drac dreadnought 2 aim way above the actual model, havent checked for other levels of ship.

Code: Select all

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4351/babelfish.png[/img]
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

just looking at the model in milkshape (!), the x axis hovers right above the two wings of the ship, so I can see why it the alleg engine considers the center of the model to be near the top of it. I can work on this and probably get it ironed out.

thanks babs
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Raven_42 wrote:QUOTE (Raven_42 @ May 20 2014, 03:06 PM) Good work. One new glitch I have found, missiles tracking to drac dreadnought 2 aim way above the actual model, havent checked for other levels of ship.
Must of been one of those recent midweek prime time 40 v 40 games where SY was actually on :lol:
Raven_42

Post by Raven_42 »

Couple of ships I think are still imbalanced due to hitbox/speed/accell combos: Dreg fighter, its too thin and dreg are way fast, long range damage+ missiles also. Giga exp is very powerful now, too much considering all its advantages (since the weight reduction, they are very nimble, and thin as anything). Suggest scaled up dreg fig, slightly scaled up giga int, and nerfed sidethrusts for it.

Raven_42

Post by Raven_42 »

Although I know you are already on this, may as well add this here: the drac scout hitbox doesn't work, tiny hittable area. I would also suggest applying bubble hitbox to the drac int - its appropriate shape for this anyway, and the conform approach has issues (maybe more so in combination with a bit of lag) whenever there are bits jutting out (like the few bits on this int). The drac fig hitbox seems ok, I dunno what style was used.