Welcome to the Allegiance Marketing Team!

Allegiance discussion not belonging in another forum.
Dome

Post by Dome »

You've just been recruited to the Allegiance Marketing team. Welcome and thank you!

Your mission: Grow Allegiance

How you will do it: Post these bannerson your Facebook, blog, or website as links to hype the game.

If you don't (or even if you do) have a Facebook, blog, or website, print out this poster (or this version), cut the tabs along the lines and post them at your place of learning, work, library, convention, etc.

What's in it for you:

-Allegiance community service fulfillment
-Inclusion into the Allegiance Marketing Team
-The possibility of being a part of what may build a new player-base
-Personal satisfaction when brand new players log in
-The respect of the community

Posting pictures of the game you love in an effort to try to drum up new players is easy. Do it for Allegiance.

And if you would like to donate to the Facebook Marketing campaign check this thread!
Last edited by Dome on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dome

Post by Dome »

Thallium

Post by Thallium »

Post this to Forum message boards about gaming to draw new blood to Allegiance:

In all my years of gaming, no real-time strategy or first person shooter has kept me coming back like Allegiance. No other game blends fast-paced online multiplayer combat with strategy elements so perfectly. It is visceral, fast paced and challenging.

Allegiance combines the resource and economy elements of RTS games with the situational tactics of a first person space combat sim unlike any game you’ve ever played. Every unit is piloted by a real person, making individual skill, tactics, and timing critical to success. Each team’s commander must exhibit both superior tactical and leadership skills to get the best pilots to fly for them.

You as commander give tactical information to your team from a 3D top-down view, using their ships to scout the map, find wormholes to other sectors, detect enemy miners and relay back information on enemy movements. With this tactical view, commanders can plan out bombing runs, stealth missions, and setting up coordinated attacks across sectors of the map.

Pilots fly in a first person view, from high velocity dogfighting in fighter and interceptor craft, to covertly sneaking behind enemy lines in stealth and scout craft to gather intel or harass the enemy operations. To win the game players will have to come together on coordinated strikes to destroy or capture enemy bases. Situational awareness is key, and the learning curve is steep, but the gameplay is addictive.

Microsoft’s MSN Gaming Zone shut down allegiance along with their other pay to play games in 2004. The community developed in-house mod tools and after significant campaigning convinced Microsoft to open source the game. Since then the playerbase created a development community, enhanced the graphics, created new mods, and started hosting their own game servers, developed long-term tournament play called Allegiance Wars, and implemented many bugfixes to refine the game.

A video says more than I ever can, so check out the gameplay video on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLB5 ... cRmSt7Q_LA

Here is how you can get started:
1. Go to www.FreeAllegiance.Org
2. Download the Game and create an account.
3. Join a multiplayer server and begin playing. Large Games are played on weekends 3:00 PM EST.

Check out the forums, find out where you are on the leaderboard, and look for the @help player to ask them questions on how to best help your team. Join the VOIP server - Mumble. http://www.mumble.com/get-mumble.php - mumble.rtsquad.org.
Dome

Post by Dome »

Who has done this? Who will do this?

Allegiance needs players and it needs your help to get them.
Last edited by Dome on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

I have and will do these things. But people must remember that when posting to forums (especially ones that have paid ads), you may get you're post deleted or worse, you might get banned for promoting against the rules of the forum. Always check those first.
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

I agree with Metz. Put the new default keymap in the new installer. Tutorial doesn't work for the majority of people anyway...
BUSHBAM

Post by BUSHBAM »

This is great .. I had all but forgotten about freeallege.org . Glad i discoverd it again. I am all for seeing this game revived once again. i play other mordern games but none of them match allege in the rts and fps combo and with the cheer numbers that can be involved. I am glad to see development going on as well. I will do all i can to promote this game. Only which i knew programming. I will be here till the very end..... i hope that is a long long :cool: very long way off. :blush: Cmon guys the gaming world needs Allegiance. :cool:
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Stay the corse with weekend gMES AND JUST FOCUS ON 2 EVEN COMMANDERS.wE NEED TO SEE THE RESULTS OF THE fb CAMPAIGN TO SEE Iif it is working.

/To lazy to re-type....I hate Capslock!!
Student

Post by Student »

raumvogel wrote:QUOTE (raumvogel @ May 6 2014, 06:55 AM) Stay the corse with weekend gMES AND JUST FOCUS ON 2 EVEN COMMANDERS.wE NEED TO SEE THE RESULTS OF THE fb CAMPAIGN TO SEE Iif it is working.

/To lazy to re-type....I hate Capslock!!
:lol: LOL :lol:
yah he's right. We need to see what FB does and our comander carnages. So lets keep Allegiance alive!
AND PLEASE COME TO THE MUMBLE MARKETING MEETINGS!
(other than me and Dome)
-Student
SysX
@Alleg
Hebrews 11:3
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Student wrote:QUOTE (Student @ May 6 2014, 10:32 AM) :lol: LOL :lol:
yah he's right. We need to see what FB does and our comander carnages. So lets keep Allegiance alive!
AND PLEASE COME TO THE MUMBLE MARKETING MEETINGS!
(other than me and Dome)
Are these Saturday at SG time?