Welcome to the Allegiance Marketing Team!

Allegiance discussion not belonging in another forum.
jbansk

Post by jbansk »

Do you realize how broken this game is?.. And you're promoting it in this condition?
[15:25] <BBT_> oh, so da vinci's mona lisa isn't his work?
[15:25] <+fuh-zz> No, he simply put effort into it.
[15:25] <BBT_> are you really that retarded?
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

And yet, some people still play it ;)
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Defpar

Post by Defpar »

Blacksun94 wrote:QUOTE (Blacksun94 @ Oct 10 2014, 09:43 AM) But Free allegiance.org is crappy.....
Yeah, but at least people won't think from the the URL that this is some kind of generic freemium MMO and ignore your whole post.

Is it possible to just change the DNS so that freeallegiance.org points to the IP of the current freespacecombatgame,com, and let that domain name die or set up a redirect? Not really sure how webhosting works, but that seems like the most obvious solution.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Defpar wrote:QUOTE (Defpar @ Oct 10 2014, 10:40 PM) Yeah, but at least people won't think from the the URL that this is some kind of generic freemium MMO and ignore your whole post.

Is it possible to just change the DNS so that freeallegiance.org points to the IP of the current freespacecombatgame,com, and let that domain name die or set up a redirect? Not really sure how webhosting works, but that seems like the most obvious solution.
I edited my post, it now links to freeallegiance.org
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
juckto

Post by juckto »

Dome wrote:QUOTE (Dome @ Apr 7 2014, 09:17 AM)
Can I get a banner similar to this but in 400pix x 80pix, to use in a forum signature?
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

juckto wrote:QUOTE (juckto @ Oct 10 2014, 05:04 PM) Can I get a banner similar to this but in 400pix x 80pix, to use in a forum signature?
Use Photoscape
juckto

Post by juckto »

I'd like to have an edited image with the text realigned, rather than a shrunk image or a cropped image (I can do that myself after all).

iirc, pngs don't save layers so that image isn't a good starting point, regardless of the editing software. It needs to be edited by whoever created it originally.

+Edit:
Does anyone have a copy of this poster? The preview comes up in Google results, but the original source appears to have been on imageshack which has ... done things.
Last edited by juckto on Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
Dome

Post by Dome »

juckto wrote:QUOTE (juckto @ Oct 10 2014, 02:23 PM) I'd like to have an edited image with the text realigned, rather than a shrunk image or a cropped image (I can do that myself after all).

iirc, pngs don't save layers so that image isn't a good starting point, regardless of the editing software. It needs to be edited by whoever created it originally.

+Edit:
Does anyone have a copy of this poster? The preview comes up in Google results, but the original source appears to have been on imageshack which has ... done things.
Sadly, but respectfully, the maker of the original marketing banners joined the US Navy and I have not heard from him since then (about 7 months).

His forum name is Ashortdude.

Also that poster is awesome. I don't have a copy of it. Thanks for posting it Juckto. Please don't hesitate to post more stuff that you find and to reach out to old Allegites for their info/help.
Tyng

Post by Tyng »

This may be a long shot...but I'm just throwing out ideas freely in hopes of bringing this game back up to its glory days (or an influx of noobs and trolls..)

If we still have access to one of the old Allegiance packages that came with a cd, we could send a copy to a few different "Let's Play" type of people. I understand that tons of people already send many games to the more famous people such as Game Grumps, PewdiePie, Tobuscus, etc, but maybe this can be like our lottery ticket.

I just watched a game theory which proved how Flappy Bird became so popular. The same day PewdiePie uploaded his video of him playing the game, the downloads for Flappy Bird sky rocketed. I looked for myself and it's true.

There are let's players out there that are nowhere near as popular as these big names are, but if we can find the right one that gets a favorable amount of views and has interest in games similar to Allegiance, then maybe we can get a community of fans to give Allegiance a try. We would definately need to point out that weekends are usually the peek play times.

Remember, the current marketing ideas should still be used. I'm posting banners in my cubicle at the office, and a few people are curious about it. One is my boss, who has many many connections. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: removed comment about steam train. Too many noobs all at once will be difficult...
Last edited by Tyng on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMHael

Post by TheMHael »

I believe we should encourage new players to get involved in the forums immediately so they can connect with the community right off the bat. Then we as a community can help them feel welcome, and get them informed of primetimes, etc etc and any other questions they need.

idk just a thought
For in the hour of our darkest day, we will not tremble we won't be afraid. Hope is rising like the light of dawn.
The Wheel Weaves as The Wheel Wills