poke?

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

I've some input if you like

-Afterburner 2 to be added to treasures
-TF ship speed from .9 -> .95
-Move a combat missile (either seekers or quickfires) to Sup's tree
-Increase sniper 1 + 2 range by 15% and firing sig by 100%
-Increase mounted sig of hunters by 50-100%
-Give Rix adv figs 4 gun mounts or lead indicators

I probably should elaborate:

You can find Boost2 gat2 DF2 QF2 Seeker2 Minepack1 Small shield 2. Before the switch clever pilots could find a boost 2 and mount it on their ints. If you feel that a floating afterburner 2 will break expansion just tie 2 and 3 to adv exp. 95% of the games I've been in afterburners go unupgraded anyway.

TF's been slapped around every time I see them. This should help a bit.

Moving a combat missile is a no brainer. Having to spend 10k to up your garr and another 2.5k just to defend against ints effectively is absurd.

For the Tac changes, make pilots choose between being hidden or being deadly. If they shoot or mount hunters they're lit up like a x-mas tree. This also makes tac more small game friendly while not effecting large games much.

Rix's adv sup tree sucks. Rix sup is all mid-game with a lackluster endgame.
Last edited by Drizzo on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

First of all:
Thanks for the input!

I'm still fairly busy IRL until around the 19th (+- a couple days), but will work to release PCore005 asap after that.

Most of the issues you reported i can agree with even if the fixes wont all work imo.

- afterburner 2 to treasures - yes. Pretty much all other fighting ship mk2 tech can be found and we should either let them all spawn or restrict what spawns more, but it doesnt make sense to leave just singular pieces of tech out.

- TF: I honestly havent seen TF played very much, and the few times I have, tf scouts destroyed. But thats small pugs, I know nothing about their performance in larger games where soloing miners (mostly) wont work. The 0.9 ship speed is a huge part of what tf is and if possible I would like to keep it that way and find another solution for whatever the problem with TF is now.

- combat missile - yes. Will move qf 2&3: Both missle types make sense in sup, but qf makes less sense in garrison, as it sucks on scouts compared to fighters while seeker works for both. Also giving qfs to GT because its mandatory for sup to have a chance to beat ints (until you get zeus at least).

- the tac changes are... changes. no idea how that would work out, in the end. More flying sfs like ints, thats for sure. will have to think on this, but a visible sf can be considered a dead sf right now for a reason. With those changes I see a couple ints flying with a bombrun and just podding everything (afterburner 2/3 are great for getting to sfs), even without pulse probes. Making hunter so hyper-visible would also make sfs unable to use them for miner o (without getting podded by the defending int before even damaging the miner). Though this could work if people bought and used killer instead, so I'm going to consider this and test some stuff.

- rix adv sup is bad for the price compared to enh sup, especially considering how strong early rix enh sup is already. 4th gat, double minepack or maybe even prox would all make the adv figs much better, will have to see what it will be. Possibly a slight nerf to the enh level too, because that is damn strong if used properly. Again, nothing decided yet.
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

Yeah the tac changes are pretty radical. It encourages more hit and run and guerilla attacks rather than going all in with your missiles up all the time. I see something along the lines of mounting your missiles, taking the sig spike to encourage people to chase you, then unmounting and cloaking to reposition or to take pot shots with snipers.

The smart pilot will become more annoying and manipulative while the average pilot who flies with missiles up all the time won't be as effective. It should help the even out the scales when someone goes tac in a 3v3.

Maybe an accel increase for SFs is also in line? I just personally feel right now that going tac is not living up to its potential*.

*I shouldn't post before coffee
Last edited by Drizzo on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
_xJammer_

Post by _xJammer_ »

IMHO a better way to change early TF would be to bump the rescue probe sig (which was already bumped before) and drop the price back to 100. Should promote every scout to carry one around and generally help them (slow speed - long pod times, and hard to run away from being podded).

Tbh, I'd also consider reducing the research time on enh miners/enh cons down to 2 minutes, so commanders have a choice to have cons that are a little faster.

Overall TF suffers from slow expansion, and they need bases closer to the enemy to let their slow ships have some reach. Result is weak miner O other than opening scout rush, which usually can be stopped by any lt int/fig unless the scouts are organised (but I am willing to bet the skill level in game did not suddenly sky rocket since the last time I played)
Last edited by _xJammer_ on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.