Free Allegiance!

Catch-all for all development not having a specific forum.
SpaceJunk

Post by SpaceJunk »

factoid wrote:QUOTE (factoid @ Apr 28 2014, 06:31 PM) Spawned a 2nd scout under "player" control on the other team.

factoid wrote:QUOTE (factoid @ Apr 28 2014, 06:31 PM) Mounted gats on the scouts.

factoid wrote:QUOTE (factoid @ Apr 28 2014, 06:31 PM) You can fly over to it and blow it up, creates a lifepod.

factoid wrote:QUOTE (factoid @ Apr 28 2014, 06:31 PM) You can blow up the lifepod and crash the client.
factoid

Post by factoid »

One of the gdb devs seems to have fixed the bug, so I can resume work on FA. Until something else breaks. :) Hopefully this will be more fun than trying to figure out C++ symbol demangling.
"I make it a point not to chat with AP off... space is vast, but it's never vast enough for my scout."
MrChaos

Post by MrChaos »

Factoid

*jingles his pocket of change*
Poo flinging monkey guns, put them in the game and
*counts the coins under his breath*
naught plus naught is naught carry the naught
*8671.125 seonds later*

2.07 USD is yours!
<.<
>.>
but you have to call one of them DuckWarrior and the other one Raveen
Ssssh
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

I was able to D/L 2010 express for free,but it looks like the 2013 is trial only.
factoid

Post by factoid »

Yeah, mine expired after 30 days, I had to sign in to my MSDN account. Which is also free, but you seem to want to avoid that. Mingw might also work, but I haven't had time to play with it yet. There's also mingw cross compile tools for ubuntu, so I might be able to directly compile windows binaries from linux. That'd be a treat. :)

Anyway.. EE 2013 is free, with an account signup. If you have an email you used for MSN back in the day that might be enough. :)
"I make it a point not to chat with AP off... space is vast, but it's never vast enough for my scout."
_xJammer_

Post by _xJammer_ »

Or just get a linux VM which is totally free too :P
factoid

Post by factoid »

Could release the game as a LiveCD. Just pop it in your CD tray/USB port and reboot! That'd solve a lot of problems for me, at everyone else's expense.
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

Hi guys :) .

/me downloads the github code and builds it
factoid

Post by factoid »

Any luck? Feel free to add build instructions from your experience to the wiki, don't hesitate to contact me if you get stuck on anything. I apologize in advance for the process not being very straightforward.
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

Just got it to run after your note about your bugfix in cereal. It's running for me with gcc 4.8.2 and openscenegraph 3.0.1.

If I recall correctly, the steps to build went something like this:
Install openscenegraph (probably other deps, but I already had those)git clone https://github.com/Factoid/free-allegiance.gitcd free-allegiance/depsgit clone https://github.com/Factoid/alleg-core.git alleg_srccd alleg_src/igcmake -j4cd ../..git clone https://github.com/Factoid/cereal.gitcd ../src/clientmake -j4 && make install

Then in the root directory run with ./fa.sh. You need to use the current development branch of gdb. If you don't have the latest version of gdb, just get rid of the gdb part of the run command in fa.sh.

Does that all look right?