Git repo?

Catch-all for all development not having a specific forum.
factoid

Post by factoid »

Can we look at moving to a git based system or something that facilitates distributed development? I'd find it very helpful.
"I make it a point not to chat with AP off... space is vast, but it's never vast enough for my scout."
Imago

Post by Imago »

factoid wrote:QUOTE (factoid @ Mar 2 2014, 07:13 PM) Can we look at moving to a git based system or something that facilitates distributed development? I'd find it very helpful.
gitlab.com is free ltil

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.
factoid

Post by factoid »

Yeah, we use gitlab internally at work for stuff we don't want to/can't host on github. If we can get an allegiance gitlab install that'd be awesome. If not, I can see about hosting my own somewhere. I have updates to the allegiance code that I'm working on, and would like to share, but I don't think I can just put them on github, can I?
"I make it a point not to chat with AP off... space is vast, but it's never vast enough for my scout."
HSharp

Post by HSharp »

Should be fine to put on github as long as you put the license on

http://svn.alleg.net/svn/Allegiance/tag/ms...src/license.txt

Only scanned through that but doesn't say anything about not sharing the source code.
factoid

Post by factoid »

While checking for compatibilty of github with the MS-SSL, which seems to be allowed, I came across this new licence MS-PL. It would be utterly fantastic if we could convince someone there to change the licenceing agreement to that, would clear up a ton of issues for us. Given the new face of MS, I suspect that wouldn't be a hard sell, if we could reach the right person/department?

http://opensource.org/licenses/MS-PL
Last edited by factoid on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.