Allegiance Installer 3.01

Catch-all for all development not having a specific forum.
Your_Persona

Post by Your_Persona »

There is also this library if you want to decompile binary MDL files to text MDL files. There is a simple console application in there called mdld.exe

Code: Select all

mdld.exe /file:"pathToBinaryMdl.mdl" /out:"pathToOutputText.mdl"
   Reads from a source file and creates an output file.
or
mdld.exe /file:"pathToBinaryMdl.mdl" 
   Reads from a source file and writes to stdout
or
mdld.exe 
   Reads from stdIn, and writes to stdOut
https://github.com/AllegianceZone/MDLReaderWriter

Last time I ran it, it could successfully decompile 3129 of 3294 MDL files in the artwork directory. I'm not sure if I was having issues with the last 5% because they were corrupt or what. Anyways, enjoy.

Oh, and allegiance can use the decompiled versions of these MDLs just fine, if you allow a flag in the loading process. And Mdlc and recompile them back to their originals. So you might be able to use the text mdl's compress them all in the installer and then compile them during the install.
Last edited by Your_Persona on Thu May 29, 2014 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
-->>Elitism<<--
I'm not Hamlet. I don't take part any more. My words have nothing to tell me anymore.
Your_Persona

Post by Your_Persona »

Here is a patch that fixes a bug (copy/paste bug hah) in allegiance and mdlc related to loading text MDLs.

Index: src/effect/efapp.cpp
===================================================================
--- src/effect/efapp.cpp    (revision 1033)
+++ src/effect/efapp.cpp    (working copy)
@@ -292,7 +292,8 @@

TRef<IObjectList> plist;  CastTo(plist, (IObject*)stack.Pop());

-        while (plist->GetCurrent() != NULL) {
+        plist->GetFirst();
+        while (plist->GetCurrent() != NULL) {
             IObjectPair* ppair; CastTo(ppair, plist->GetCurrent());

Color  color    =  GetColor(ppair->GetNth(0));
@@ -339,7 +340,8 @@
         TRef<FrameDataListValue> plistValue = new FrameDataListValue();

TRef<IObjectList> plist;  CastTo(plist, (IObject*)stack.Pop());
-
+        
+        plist->GetFirst();
         while (plist->GetCurrent()) {
             IObjectPair* ppair; CastTo(ppair, plist->GetCurrent());
-->>Elitism<<--
I'm not Hamlet. I don't take part any more. My words have nothing to tell me anymore.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Apologies for reviving this.
I was thinking that we could compile my high res textures, into the installer and allow them to be installed optionally.
Or we could just post a download link on the site.
So far, since I republished my texture pack no one reported any crashing to me.
What do you think?

I can provide an exe file or a zip file with the textures.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Imago

Post by Imago »

we (Your_Perona and I) are working on R8 here: http://www.allegiancezone.com - http://forum.allegiancezone.com - http://trac.allegiancezone.com - yes, bitten is back - automatically creating up to date installers /w hi res texture options

edit: and input map options that dont suck

edit: join the fun at irc://irc.quakenet.org/#FreeAllegiance - AllegZoneBot gets lonley
Last edited by Imago on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Your_Persona wrote:QUOTE (Your_Persona @ May 29 2014, 06:19 AM) There is also this library if you want to decompile binary MDL files to text MDL files. There is a simple console application in there called mdld.exe

mdld.exe /file:"pathToBinaryMdl.mdl" /out:"pathToOutputText.mdl"
   Reads from a source file and creates an output file.
or
mdld.exe /file:"pathToBinaryMdl.mdl" 
   Reads from a source file and writes to stdout
or
mdld.exe 
   Reads from stdIn, and writes to stdOut
https://github.com/AllegianceZone/MDLReaderWriter

Last time I ran it, it could successfully decompile 3129 of 3294 MDL files in the artwork directory. I'm not sure if I was having issues with the last 5% because they were corrupt or what. Anyways, enjoy.

Oh, and allegiance can use the decompiled versions of these MDLs just fine, if you allow a flag in the loading process. And Mdlc and recompile them back to their originals. So you might be able to use the text mdl's compress them all in the installer and then compile them during the install.
How do i use this? there is no Exe file in the link you provided.....
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
OldDragon

Post by OldDragon »

Looks like a visual studio solution/project. You should be able to just open it and build to get an executable.