Sov Route

Open forum for new Pilots.
Starwynd

Post by Starwynd »

Hi, i'm trying to find any link to get this Sov Route download so I can play on my LAN but I can't find it anywhere. All the links that i've found so far are dead and don't work. If anyone can direct me towards where to download SOV ROUTE, or any other way to play on my LAN I would appreciate it, thanks!
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

A good bet would be to PM pkk (find one of his posts and click his profile) as he keeps a lot of Allegiance history safe and sound.

I'm not sure you need SOVRoute to play Allegiance on a LAN though. The last time I needed to test something I did it by connecting to a local LAN Server - see the wiki for details of how to set that up. http://www.freeallegiance.org/FAW/index.php/LAN

That was some years ago though so it may not be the correct way to go any more.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
Starwynd

Post by Starwynd »

Okay, thanks for the info! :) I'm really just trying to play in a singleplayer way as there's never really any ppl on to play with on the servers. Not sure if that would work though or not.

Also, if the above does work, is there any way to maybe spawn enemy NPC ships or maybe an entire team of NPC bots? Is there maybe a modification somewhere that allows that?
Last edited by Starwynd on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pkk

Post by pkk »

SOVRoute was used to connect to a LAN server over the internet. I'm not sure if it's compatible with DirectPlay7 and I don't think you're looking for this.

Right now we have no stable release (R7/ACSS) of the LAN server.

You find instructions for latest BETA version for LAN server here:
http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...showtopic=69127

I'm not sure why you need a LAN server, if you can create games on regular lobby.
Last edited by pkk on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Defpar

Post by Defpar »

Starwynd wrote:QUOTE (Starwynd @ Oct 9 2013, 12:57 PM) Okay, thanks for the info! :) I'm really just trying to play in a singleplayer way as there's never really any ppl on to play with on the servers. Not sure if that would work though or not.
Also, if the above does work, is there any way to maybe spawn enemy NPC ships or maybe an entire team of NPC bots? Is there maybe a modification somewhere that allows that?
There is a Training Core which can spawn some simple bots, but they are pretty stupid and you need at least 2 people to use it for fighting drones. (because you can only spawn them for your team), However, there tend to be plenty of people on over the weekends/Friday nights. The tutorial missions, though not very good, also act as a sort of single-player mode, especially the last few.
Imago

Post by Imago »

Why is LAN mode / and local server broken?

goddamnit

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.