NG SB

Discussion / Announcement area for WeedCore development.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

It's rarely if ever bought because it's even less rarely able to be used to even marginal effect.

Any chance that they can be tweaked a bit so they are 'a little' more useful?

Options;

Better sig but more than standard sb, maybe half the difference.
Less sig of NG missile, but not too much, maybe 10% less.
NG missile range increase, maybe around 30% further.
Last edited by SunTzu on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Feb 15 2013, 01:52 PM) In a lot of ways, Allegiance is like the Radio: it's all `am and `fm.
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

Tyrh wrote:QUOTE (Tyrh @ Apr 4 2013, 08:02 PM) It's rarely if ever bought because it's even less rarely able to be used to even marginal effect.

Any chance that they can be tweaked a bit so they are 'a little' more useful?

Options;

Better sig but more than standard sb, maybe half the difference.
Less sig of NG missile, but not too much, maybe 10% less.
NG missile range increase, maybe around 30% further.
if this was based off that game tonight, we were on cc
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

They shouldn't even exist in the first place - tac has no business capping bases.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

LOL, if you lose a base to a ng sb you are doing something wrong. About all they are intended for are humiliation caps.
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

That's your opinion Spunk :P
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

Spunkmeyer wrote:QUOTE (Spunkmeyer @ Apr 5 2013, 01:21 AM) They shouldn't even exist in the first place - tac has no business capping bases.

Your opinion on CC is noted.

Ryujin wrote:QUOTE (Ryujin @ Apr 5 2013, 12:48 AM) if this was based off that game tonight, we were on cc

Yup I know, iirc it's the same on both and WC at least is updating.

Just hoping for a tweak nothing drastic, they should still be hard to use to effect, just not quite impossible.

Increasing missile range a bit and slowing ship speed with a lower marginal sig of both missile and ship is interesting.

The NG SB won't be eyed quite as often until it's missile goes up, and the slower speed with the increased range would probably mean they'd be eyed for 2k before missile is in range, heck make the missile itself slow and easier to shoot down but give the NG SB pilot hope heh.
---
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Feb 15 2013, 01:52 PM) In a lot of ways, Allegiance is like the Radio: it's all `am and `fm.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

I don't think I've ever seen a NG SB cap anything but like a dreg spec mine.
There's a new sheriff in town.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Apr 5 2013, 12:05 PM) I don't think I've ever seen a NG SB cap anything but like a dreg spec mine.

Oh I've capped teles and giga specs with them but usually it's a lost cause. ;)
Last edited by SunTzu on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

These do kinda well against SY since there's one big exit on the far end, gives you more time to get in range.
Pretty much the only time I've seen one used successfully.
Last edited by DonKarnage on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

I do recall a few sgs games we won with ng sbs! It was against voobs like xt and/or ni and rt but like shiz said it was a teabag sorta deal
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid