WeedCore 04

Discussion / Announcement area for WeedCore development.
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

Phoenix
Vanguards cost 250 each

Drones:
Adv Fig mount small shield
Adv SF mount small shield
Hvy Scout mount small shield
Hvy Int, no shield

Gigacorp
Icons for Lxy HTT, Lxy Bomber, Lxy Cruiser

GT
Ion Booster [R] moved to Garrison, requires Research Station to develop, move to light booster use mask

Add Afterburner 2 to Treasures

Change QL Seeker and Dumbfire missiles to DUAL FIRE missiles.

Change mass of some items to 1.

Disable Draconium ( it is not finished )
Last edited by Weedman on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I was able to take out a 2 AC3 vanguard with an AC1/Medshield2/Hunter1 Mustang.

I'd say 250 instead.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

hmm....I think I saw that a Afterburner1 IC int could not catch a Dreg reg scout with a 1.5k start just then.
The int pilot was Mordorokus, so that might say a bit. Maybe check that AB1 isnt too slow to catch a reg dreg scout without less that 2k start?

just wtih 3 fuel...it should have been possible. But, like I said, voob int maybe
Last edited by Vortrog on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Vortrog wrote:QUOTE (Vortrog @ Mar 25 2013, 09:51 PM) hmm....I think I saw that a Afterburner1 IC int could not catch a Dreg reg scout with a 1.5k start just then.
The int pilot was Mordorokus, so that might say a bit. Maybe check that AB1 isnt too slow to catch a reg dreg scout without less that 2k start?

just wtih 3 fuel...it should have been possible. But, like I said, voob int maybe
Since when is boost1 called AB1?
There's a new sheriff in town.
pkk

Post by pkk »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Mar 26 2013, 07:05 AM) Since when is boost1 called AB1?
People who don't play the $#@!ing game (WC03), shouldn't be allowed to post in here... :ninja:
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

haha
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

Well I did cut down the ints ability to "carry speed" in between boosting reloads. I really think 350 mps should be the top speed of any ship, not 450 or whatever rediculous number hvys with boost3 can achieve

Is this a terrible thing?

It means scouts can run and hide a little better.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Mar 26 2013, 02:34 AM) People who don't play the $#@!ing game (WC03), shouldn't be allowed to post in here... :ninja:
PKK stop trying to start fights in a core dev forum.
There's a new sheriff in town.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Oh, yeah, and either move Ion Boost to usage mask 0 (so it is roughly equivalent to lt boost) or move it from expansion (it's weird to have Ion Boost researched in Exp when INTs currently can't mount it).
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

Ok so can we fix rix sbs? The problem is pretty much the same on CC16 and WC3.

I'm thinking that we can go with the 3 tier concept on pods (and you can also do this with combat pods heavy pods too I suppose).

Pod 3 about 10% less range and damage than current pod 2.
Pod 2 about 10% less range and damage than above.
pod 1 about 10% less range and damage than above.

I realize that qf 2 does make short work on pods but that's not enough. At 1.2k in an sb with 25 kiba killing adv giga sup with 3 station pods is crazy. Another related option is to pair qf and pods, qf1 kills pod1, qf2 kills pod2, qf3 kills pod3.

Side note; I really do like the probing sf, as I like probing (go figure) however can we change the probes per slot?

ews 1/2 on sf for 1 probe per slot, ews 3 on sf for 2 probes per slot

ews 1/2 on adv sf for 2 probe per slot, ews 3 on adv sf for 3 probes per slot

Finally can we please get WC4 out, wc3 is a bit too wonky, if we do the following for a quick release that would be wonderful;

1. Any changes weed already has in mind.
2. Fix Rix pods.
3. Fix base GA's.
4. Tiny tweak to NG SBs.
5. Remove Giga Afterburner 1 from starting tech.
6. Make sure Afterburner loads on all faction ints.
7. Reduce INT fuel a little more, possibly reduce top speed a little.
8. Reduce FTR top speed a little.
9. Check on possible issue that Gatts are doing a bit too much damage.
10. Increase cost of carriers back to 5k, they are getting spammed more and that's such a headache in small games.
11. Bios basic fighters with mine pack researched at start.
12. Prevent stolen garr tech? I dunno but that was one of the best things about XC, or tie more things to starbase?
13. Cheap miners good, faction modified cheap miners better, i.e. belt miners 20% less, tf miners 25% more, etc.
14. Disable drac for a wc5 release so we can get wc4 out early.
15. Bring back Dual hvy scout df instead of ql df, iirc that issue with missiles exploding on launch was fixed some time ago.

Keep up the good work and thank you! :)
Last edited by SunTzu on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Feb 15 2013, 01:52 PM) In a lot of ways, Allegiance is like the Radio: it's all `am and `fm.