Death Star and other SW core possibilities?

Discussion / Announcement area for Star Wars Core (SWC) development.
dusanc

Post by dusanc »

Is it possible to have a Death Star like this:

1. Main weapon does massive amount of damage, uses a lot of energy so it takes couple of minutes to rearm, has medium AOE, can kill bases, rocks, ships etc..
2. Can mount short and long range turrets (10 would be nice :) ) so it can defend against small and large ships.
3. Is like assault carrier, ships can dock to it and rip to it (large rip), and it moves slowly.
4. Buildable in Shipyard, but can't dock back because it's huge (2x SY), once it launches you can only repair it with laser welder.
5. If it has no shields can be killed by special missile (The Luke: Range 50m, Dmg 10000000 only to deathstar armor, only mounted by Xwing). That missile can't be researched, but is a treasure :D so rebels have to find and guard it.
6. People can transfer to it.

I'm interested if it's possible, because if noone wants to I could make it if there's will to incorporate it into SW core.

I believe allegs future is in different flavors of same game, SW core is fun, just needs some work.
- "History repeats itself for a reason" - "It's easy to cry for war when you've never experienced it" - "It's better to negotiate for 10 years then make war for 10 days" - "The strong do as they will, and the weak do as they must"
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

1. yes
2. maybe, I have mounted 6+ guns on ships, a side effect I noticed was when I switch ships, it looked like the mass of the ships was gradually increasing, as if the extra gun mass was being added every time switching a ship
3. yes
4. maybe, the thing about garage docking, is you only need to cross the xyz coordinate with a part of the cvh and it says you are docked
5. yes
6. no

I admit, that first game was fun

It makes me want to add some more capital ships, and perhaps re-think most of the small ships.

Some ideas:

I was thinking the garrison could be a shipyard base, and is home to ship development, small and capitals, the game would still depend on the garrison/shipyard, to start, that is hard coded
so the "shipyard path" as we know it, could still be active or inactive, but at least, carriers could dock at the "garrison" to repair

Then moving offensive weapons, missiles and parts to Supremacy
moving defensive parts like laser welder, shields, counters, probes (or maybe only having mobile probe drones), towers (making new towers, like static anti missile, anti capital, anti starfighter defense, for station defense etc) maybe some special scouting drones, to Tactical
moving all GAs to Expansion

removing Prox mines, minepacks, and caltrops
Instead, "Mines" would behave more like towers, or plas gens, or laser blossom, they have lower sig, longer lifespan, and a projectile range, so if you run near an enemy minefield, you get shot at, but I'm thinking clusters of mines, instead of 1.

some more drastic ideas

double the sector size, to 10km
double ship speeds
remove boosters all together, except maybe a capital ship "hyperdrive" for microjumps
perhaps the small ships get this also, that have a hyperdrive
tie fighters don't, so they would need a capital ship drone, to dock on, relatively fast carrier drones etc.
add station damage to all weapons, so even if you're shooting at an expansion with like, laser cannons, it does some damage, not as much as like, turbolasers, or torpedos, or what have you, but it does a little
this would remove the dependancy on using bombers, or htts, which these ships could still be available in some form, like a missileboat with 60 torpedos
making turbo lasers range ~4km, slow projectiles, best vs cap ships/bases
adding quad turbos
making lasers range~ 1.5 km, very fast projectiles, best vs small/medium ships
adding quad laser turrets for anti starfighter defense, ~2km
making torpedo ranges of 5-6 km, moderately fast, for anti cap ship
making heavy rocket ranges 5-6 km, moderately slow, best versus stations
making missile ranges of 2-3 km, very fast, anti starfighter
faster energy recharges
scale down fighters, and scale up capital ships
fighters very fast, 200+mps, relatively weak
capital ships moderately fast, thinking 100mps, relatively strong
capital ships with missile loads per rack, 30+, very fast reload, very weak
there is no "tac nuke" stations could be detroyed with capital ship turbolaser barrage supported by starfighter and torpedos, whatever
add an EV suit, for repair of stations
add an "stealth" EV for station attack and capture, think laser welder, except, laser breach, for EV units to enter the base, these units would need close support to drop the shield while they are getting shot at

these are all things I've thought about since yesterday
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
dusanc

Post by dusanc »

Great :)

I would love much bigger sectors, fewer alephs and faster ships, more like SW were, you'd see a Tie fighter zooming past Millennium Falcon.
Hyper drive and larger sectors would bring whole new ideas to the game, would be more like sectors in EVE are now.

Is it possible to have R2D2 researched, to repair hull? That with using lasers and no teleports makes lone fighter have increased survivability as they can run (like some allegites like) repair themselves and come back to the fight.

What about ditching teleports? You can rip to carriers or something bigger, reload at them, maybe have bases as rips? Or even don't have rip, just hyperdrive? That way you could go fast through sector, but can't rip between sectors, then maps with less sectors would be used.

To make the core more SW less CC/WC.

QUOTE 4. maybe, the thing about garage docking, is you only need to cross the xyz coordinate with a part of the cvh and it says you are docked[/quote]
Well if DeathSTar is round it can't get into rectangle door if it's larger than the door?
- "History repeats itself for a reason" - "It's easy to cry for war when you've never experienced it" - "It's better to negotiate for 10 years then make war for 10 days" - "The strong do as they will, and the weak do as they must"
pkk

Post by pkk »

Weedman wrote:QUOTE (Weedman @ Mar 18 2013, 09:53 PM) double ship speeds
Just a friendly reminder:
http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...st&p=145464

Don't make it unplayable, because of jumping ships. ;)
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

right

A-wing: 240
X-wing: 200
B-wing: 180
Y-wing: 160
TIE Interceptor: 222
TIE Fighter: 200
TIE Bomber: 160

something like that
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Andon

Post by Andon »

pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Mar 18 2013, 04:45 PM) Just a friendly reminder:
http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...st&p=145464

Don't make it unplayable, because of jumping ships. ;)
I really should re-do BSG core. The few nice games on it were actually pretty nice.
ImageImage
dusanc

Post by dusanc »

Andon wrote:QUOTE (Andon @ Mar 19 2013, 02:20 AM) I really should re-do BSG core. The few nice games on it were actually pretty nice.
Would be nice to get it on AU, I never played it.
Camaro

Post by Camaro »

A ship can have up to 19-20 guns on it.

I have created a ship with 4 forward guns and 15-16 turrets without it crashing.

Of course, I have never tried filling up all those turrets....
Last edited by Camaro on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Yea, keep the rest of the cores balance and have a "Crazy Star Wars" core will all the stuff that you don't want in normal games. Play it 1 Sunday every few months.

"This Sunday! It's another Allegiance Madness game!"
Camaro

Post by Camaro »

Furthermore... if you are so inclined... you can create a Death Star variant of the core where Empire gets a massive initial money modifier to buy a Death Star.

You can launch a massive ship from a Garrison... it just won't be able to dock anywhere.

The primary drawbacks is that if a turret drops that is one less gun being used on the Death Star forever.