Can Sup have its own endgame?

Discussion / Announcement area for WeedCore development.
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

fbs got the crap nerfed out of them because people thought they were op or something. Just revert them to dn/early cc standards.
There was a lot of stuff under the sy flag that didnt make much sense like hvy booster, no reason to keep fbs under it
You could also make ab3 do more damage, rather than just a slightly faster load rate
Last edited by Broodwich on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid
Narg

Post by Narg »

Brood, why do you read every dev forum if you don't plan on playing?
Give up on your other games and come bitch at people on NOAT.
Death's hounds feared me
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

I wasn't here when FBs were introduced, so have a question: if bombers are considered too weak for TP2, why not boost bomber strength (as in HP/shield) - I'm not saying that's your answer, just asking if there is an argument against it because the ONLY thing that stopped us back in the day was we didn't want to OP TP2 because we considered TP2 well-balanced. Otherwise everyone pretty much agreed bombers should be more resilient without nans.

The chilling effect of FBs on the game is people tend to skip heavy bombers and AC3s "because you can't bomb exp but you can FB exp."
Last edited by Spunkmeyer on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Weedman

Post by Weedman »

well i have buffed bombers in that, medium shield has more HP, not alot, +50-100 HP surely isn't alot, but it's something

also have added nan3 to the table, but typically, I would say it does not get bought because bombing is a reaction to miners being dead, I find many times.

otherwise bombers are bought when ops meet.

not often does a commander say, "hey, team, we are using bomb tech to win this game"

I'd say about never. It's a bit silly, but yeah ac2 is good, ac3 is obviously good. It comes down to bombers being spiked I suppose, and with the speed of ints and soon fighters, yeah,. I'm not against making bombers tougher HP or shield wise.
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

I'd leave regular bombers the same and perk hvy bbrs slightly. Med 3, AC3, Hvy BBr should pretty much be a game ending tech if properly coordinated with deprobing and nans.
Narg

Post by Narg »

better yet (not core issue, game issue), make AoE counter, so nans can bring and spam to stop missile spikes. like 1 or 2 per load that have decent radius and a few seconds life. balancing mini3 with nan3 is simpler than dumb3 spike.
Death's hounds feared me
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

bombers don't need anything. it's not that hard to avoid a dumbfire spike and minigun spikes don't even really work against a hvy bombers/hull2 GA/nan3 (if the nans actually nan properly)
throw an aleph res, maybe a carrier, a 2nd bomber, or a con push into the mix

it's really not hard. at all.

god forbid you have tf dual nanscouts
so ridic

xrms should probably have a longer range
and maybe hvy bombers should be in sup, and be cheaper?
bombers + starbase + hvy bombers + sup/adv sup ac2/ac3 ab2/ab3 nan2/nan3 + aleph res is extremely costly
hvy bombers are not effective without sup, anyway
Last edited by Mastametz on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Talking about bombers is all good, but the core of my conundrum was that without a pilotable ship that can be bought in Sup, is just a GA tech if you think about it.

Enabling Figbees without SY addresses this concern. Similar to Tac, you can at least hole up with Sup if you lost your gar before heavy bombers (boned of course like tac if you didnt buy bombers) and have a method of recovery.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Hvy bombers/aleph res really should be in sup
hvy bombers are kind of a joke, too, since really the point in getting hvy bombers is for xrm/aleph res use, but XRMs are horrible. which basically means that aleph res costs like 15k because that's really the reason you're buying hvy bombers.

give hvy bombers a 3rd turret spot/more ammo/more hull if they're going to be worth that investment. or make them much cheaper.
it makes sense to have bombers in garr because you can use bombers with any tech path...hvy bombers are for sup. period.
Last edited by Mastametz on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
dusanc

Post by dusanc »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Feb 21 2013, 11:46 PM) Hvy bombers/aleph res really should be in sup
hvy bombers are kind of a joke, too, since really the point in getting hvy bombers is for xrm/aleph res use, but XRMs are horrible. which basically means that aleph res costs like 15k because that's really the reason you're buying hvy bombers.

give hvy bombers a 3rd turret spot/more ammo/more hull if they're going to be worth that investment. or make them much cheaper.
it makes sense to have bombers in garr because you can use bombers with any tech path...hvy bombers are for sup. period.
+1
- "History repeats itself for a reason" - "It's easy to cry for war when you've never experienced it" - "It's better to negotiate for 10 years then make war for 10 days" - "The strong do as they will, and the weak do as they must"