Rix sbs

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

I have a clue Arch, you are just misunderstanding maybe because you have seen too many nerfs to your beloved game.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Spunky: while flying a rix sb you need skill, if you drop too far, the drones wont hit, if you get too close you will get eyed (even with hc). So, no its not as simple as some voices are saying. Also the drones dont have any blinking nor range indicators, wich means you relly pretty much on watching your hud while dropping them (so yes, newbies usually wont sb as rix). You also need to coordinate a path to fly for or you will get too close at the base and be eyed. Properly bombing with rix sb isnt as simple as it looks. You just dont simply fly straight at it and lob 2-3 missiles for a granted hit. You need to fly, you need to drop, and you need to have nobody shooting the drones. I find sbing with rix far more complicated than with any missile faction. The only true point where rix sbs shines is at soloing techbases, its where it really has an edge over every other factions, but even in that, considering the odds, I find it pretty fair. Also if you let a rix sb drop and activate 5 (yes that is what it takes to kill most adv techbases) drones lonely, you pretty much deserve to have the base killed.
Just to point out, even with sd2, a rix sb usually needs 3 drones dropped for a granted small base kill, while any missile based faction needs 2 with ab2.

Vort: Nope, its not the nerf. Its ppl whining about something that is working as it should be working. If you let the enemy mine 70k for the whole thing, why wouldnt they have an "insta-win button?!", (in fact they don't, they still need to finish the game dont they? And on most the cases it still require some teamwork, even if in a less way than other factions, AKA: bios htts), they still need to know how to apply the cheesy tech they get to win with it. Either that, or like masta said, lower the damn money settings. You play on high-high money setts, expect ppl to get kinky @#(! and pwn you with it, specially if YOU LET THEM mine for it. Blame playerbase skill for gettin owned, not the damn faction. Otherwise we will need to nerf belts bombers and fignans, bios htts, tf bbrs, giga lxies & etc.

Look at this at another scenario: If rix sbs were as bad as their bbrs and htts are, all you would have to do as rix exp (or even sup), is get MG3/GATT3 and whore the enemy into boredoom so they could resign. Or get a sup and mine like 100k for tp2 fbs. Is really this the way you want the game to end?!
Last edited by Archangelus on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Archangelus wrote:QUOTE (Archangelus @ Feb 17 2013, 09:41 PM) I find sbing with rix far more complicated than with any missile faction.
Correct, but it's much simpler once you have 21% less sig and 21% more range. You can be close and you won't be eyed, you can be farther and you can still drop. And you need the drones to live for a shorter period of time because of more damage.

And really that's all Vort is saying. By comparison neither a sup nor an exp confers that kind of advantage to any other tac. I don't think "but you can shoot down pods" is enough of a disadvantage there.

But again, I don't have a solution, I just acknowledge the issue.
Last edited by Spunkmeyer on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Narg already nailed it. Its the PW range GA.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

If you let someone mine to full dual adv tech, you deserve to lose.
This game needs more high tier cheese tech. Games should not last hours once a team has adv tech. Adv tech should be game-winning. Dual adv tech should be insta-win.
Most balance "problems" are a product of high money settings, low team sizes, and the fact that everything is able to be reverse engineered. Why would someone not buy an extra tech base for only double the price of an OP, allowing them use of ALL of the opposing team's tech that they've purchased? This concept needs serious reconsideration.

i.e. IC goes full sup, Rix goes full exp, rix gets htts/mini3 up and then IC busts out an exp and instantly has mini3 ints (with booster upgrades/sup GAs)
and then the game drags on another 2 hours while everyone scrapes for SBs
I don't know why this is considered good for quality of gameplay.

Dual teching is great, it's great that there is different synergy between tech paths for different factions to make things interesting and fun, but the "virtually-everything-can-be-verse-engineered-at-any-time" thing is an independent from that. Dual teching can be practical and fun WITHOUT that.

I still think tier3 tech should not be able to be reverse engineered.

tl;dr rix sbs are not OP
if anything, most dual-teched t3 end-game craft is underpowered
Last edited by Mastametz on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Spunkmeyer wrote:QUOTE (Spunkmeyer @ Feb 18 2013, 12:55 AM) And really that's all Vort is saying. By comparison neither a sup nor an exp confers that kind of advantage to any other tac. I don't think "but you can shoot down pods" is enough of a disadvantage there.
I also dont buy this overpowered synergy. Bios has even more sig bonus if you go tacspansion. And you cant stop abs from hitting a base unless you surround it with towers. You dont need towers to stop rix sbs. You need players with a clue to shoot down the drones.

2-3 ppl shooting drones can prevent a team of 4-5 rix sbs from killing a base. While the same 2-3 ppl cant prevent abs from hitting the base. I really dont see this synergy you mean so the only bonus the rix sb gets from HC is being able to fly perpendicular to the base uneyed. And thats something that most sbs can do. Their mechanics are different thats why they dont do it.

And still the 21% extra range you mean from dropping the drones, only adds distance for the drop, giving the rix sb the bonus of dropping uneyed (because without exp ga's all drops are insta-eyed, even if the sb isnt), because as I stated, once the drones are armed they get eyed. If a missile faction sb comes uneyed for you base, its a granted hit.

You can D from rix sbs kinda the same way you can defend from htt runs: probe 1.2k around the base, and all drones will be eyed.

The problem isnt the drones, nor the sbs (and I mean faction wise), its the lack of knowledge from ppl to prevent factions that are meant to work differently from working, or countering different techpaths. If your enemy is tac its obvious that you should be camping alephs and probing around. Yet how many times do you see that happening?
Last edited by Archangelus on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Archangelus wrote:QUOTE (Archangelus @ Feb 18 2013, 06:22 PM) I also dont buy this overpowered synergy.
Think about this: how do you stop a rix sb? You follow the trail of pods right, until such time sb $#@!s up (as it often happens) and if you have PP, you flush it out, which you usually can if you get to the pod range fast.

This happens because it's difficult for the SB to stay within shooting range and without being detgected, so usually once we start dropping, we drop continuously.

But once Rix range and sig GAs are in effect, we don't need to do that anymore. The SB now can comfortably drop from way beyond detection range and can wait out anyone who is attacking the pod, while moving to the other side of the base. There is no more trail to follow.

What are you gonna do when your target SB is not leaving a trail for you? Just sit on your ass while other SBs kill the base? No, you are going to move to the next target of opportunity. In which case the original SB you attacked is free to drop again. With the additional 21% damage, even if the pods activate only briefly, the base is soon dead.

And just to put some numbers on it, while attacking an adv tech base that is not sup:

Without exp you have to stay between 743m and 990m. ->Could be tricky
With exp you have to stay between 587m and 1198m. ->Very very easy
Last edited by Spunkmeyer on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Hellsyng

Post by Hellsyng »

Spunkmeyer wrote:QUOTE (Spunkmeyer @ Feb 18 2013, 07:11 PM) Without exp you have to stay between 743m and 990m. ->Could be tricky
With exp you have to stay between 587m and 1198m. ->Very very easy
Those numbers right there are the only ones that really matter. What if you changed the pods to ew damage and made the range ga effect only pw?
Last edited by Hellsyng on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MastaMetz wrote:QUOTE (MastaMetz @ Dec 6, 2012, 10:32 PM)@#(!ternet. I'm a genius!
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

Hellsyng wrote:QUOTE (Hellsyng @ Feb 19 2013, 01:06 PM) Those numbers right there are the only ones that really matter. What if you changed the pods to ew damage and made the range ga effect only pw?
lol
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

:rofl:
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.