Rix sbs

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Dome

Post by Dome »

Phantom032 wrote:QUOTE (Phantom032 @ Feb 14 2013, 05:21 PM) I still say its fine, buff other endgame instead.
I tend to agree.

Buffing fighter-bombers universally (like make them faster) should be the first thing. Exp and Tac endgame is already powerful enough, and if you are able to mine the ~7 full sectors it takes to get dual upgraded tech bases with all the cheese then you have done good enough in the economic part of the game to win, and you are rewarded with maximum firepower.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I also agree with P32. Stalls are a huge problem in this game and there needs to be a way to decisively end games. Rix SBs are hard to beat, but are beatable. Of course, if 3+ SBs are running on your base you've $#@!ed up somewhere else on the line and you probably deserve to lose: just like if you let a TP2 scout get an uneyed drop you deserve to lose. Play better next game and deal with the rank drop.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
MonAG

Post by MonAG »

PLEASE, don´t nerf rix tac! Don´t we play enough exp in all other factions, that we still need to nerf tac even more?
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

QUOTE Of course, if 3+ SBs are running on your base you've $#@!ed up somewhere else on the line and you probably deserve to lose[/quote]

That's not the argument.

Given a respectable on station SB defense already in the air, stopping a non-Rix SB run of equal number of attackers is certainly possible, even if they have full exp, or full sup. On the contrary if it's a Rix SB run with full exp, it's quite impossible if the players know how to use them (a lot of Rix SB runs are lost because of newbieness). I feel pretty invincible in a basic Rix SB already, adding full exp to it is like "here, let me stroke it for you"

The strength of sup end game is an entirely different matter and needs its own thread.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

you've always been able to eliminate rix sb's main source of damage (station pods) quickly enough that they do insignificant damage to a base
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

Phantom032 wrote:QUOTE (Phantom032 @ Feb 14 2013, 04:29 PM) If you paid for 2 adv techbases with all the goodies you deserve to win.
NightRychune wrote:QUOTE (NightRychune @ Feb 15 2013, 06:56 AM) you've always been able to eliminate rix sb's main source of damage (station pods) quickly enough that they do insignificant damage to a base
this
lol spunk "quite impossible". what a voob
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

Rix SBs are OP, but it depends. It really only seems to be very noticeable versus tech bases as other SBs are generally effective against minor bases. In anycase, qf2 does wonders for defence against Rix SBs.

Side note; PP1/PP2, not sure about this. Weedcore is interesting in it's lack of PP on scouts, however might not it be good to have just one version of PP that is halfway between PP1/PP2 and that scouts only get 1 per cargo?
---
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Feb 15 2013, 01:52 PM) In a lot of ways, Allegiance is like the Radio: it's all `am and `fm.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Spunkmeyer wrote:QUOTE (Spunkmeyer @ Feb 15 2013, 06:38 AM) That's not the argument.

Given a respectable on station SB defense already in the air, stopping a non-Rix SB run of equal number of attackers is certainly possible, even if they have full exp, or full sup. On the contrary if it's a Rix SB run with full exp, it's quite impossible if the players know how to use them (a lot of Rix SB runs are lost because of newbieness). I feel pretty invincible in a basic Rix SB already, adding full exp to it is like "here, let me stroke it for you"
Read what Viru said. I might not like him much but I do know it's possible to beat rix SBs. It's VERY hard though if you're not on the ball.

The OTHER option is to nerf all endgames so hard that every game devolves into a Mini3 standoff, which would be fun because then we could do nothing but DM for an hour `4`4`4

OR, and this is just me talking out my ass here, OR you could choose to NOT let the rixian team get all the exp tech AND all the tac tech they want. This game is won or lost, for the most part, in the first twenty minutes of play and the rest is essentially filler. Sure, there are teams that can come back from being way behind (that's part of the magic), but generally speaking the team that can afford to buy 2 adv techs will beat the team that only has 1. That's... really how it should be. The solution isn't to nerf rix sbs, the solution is to spam `am and start probing @#(! so you can `fm.

In a lot of ways, Allegiance is like the Radio: it's all `am and `fm.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Feb 15 2013, 01:52 PM) In a lot of ways, Allegiance is like the Radio: it's all `am and `fm.
Best quote I've seen in 9 years.
---
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Plz dont $#@! up the core even more. Dont blame the techpaths for the lack of playerbase skill. Instead of whinning about techpaths being too powerfull, put more effort into learning the nuances of this damned game.

Dumbing the game down, so ppl who spent time learning the mechanics don't get an edge won't solve the problem, will just create new ones.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.