Rix sbs

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Rix adv exp then adv tac is just endgame like bios tp2 xrm heavy bombers was.

Rix sbs with hc2 and upped station drones with pw damage and range gas can uneyd drop drones from 1400m making it required only 1 or 2 to kill a techbase with station gas.

This is opposed to required say 4 ab missile equipped sbs for any other faction. Maybe 3 if you have ab3 I am leaving out oh and tf here.

The problem is a sb attacking a base with missiles must be heading at the base and will be eyed. A rix sbs will not.

After some hair brained discussions to force more teamwork from rix sbs, maybe the best thing to do is increase station drone activation time by maybe 2 seconds? 1 second?

I dont have a problem with rix sbs being a powerful endgame. I just think it needs something changed to force more teamwork. At present all the teamwork is required to defend against them instead of forcing more teamwork to use them.

Any better ideas thta wont take the fun out of them?
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

If you paid for 2 adv techbases with all the goodies you deserve to win.
Last edited by ThePhantom032 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
cashto

Post by cashto »

Phantom032 wrote:QUOTE (Phantom032 @ Feb 14 2013, 04:29 PM) If you paid for 2 adv techbases with all the goodies you deserve to win.
Vort agrees:
Vortrog wrote:QUOTE (Vortrog @ Feb 14 2013, 04:22 PM) I dont have a problem with rix sbs being a powerful endgame. I just think it needs something changed to force more teamwork.
As do I. Though the question I have is ... why aren't all other factions as cheesy as rix SBs with sig ga? :D
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

Because most working endgame has been nerfed so mini3 hvys can turtle out games for hours until a random htt run works?
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

I think what he's saying is the Rix tac & exp synergy is higher than other tac + sup, and he is correct. Sig reduction + pw damage + pw range is a bit much. Historically when Rix sfs used to suck hardcore this wasn't a problem, but today it certainly is.

Changes to station pods nerf tac base though, so it's not the right solution unless you want to argue solo Rix tac is overpowered as well. I don't see a solution to this otherwise without moving GAs, and those three are not good candidates (sig doesn't make sense elsewhere, moving pw damage would cause riots and even pw range is really best fit for exp)

So if you want action on this I'd reframe the question as "is Rix tac OP" not "is Rix tac + exp OP?".
Last edited by Spunkmeyer on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

HSharp

Post by HSharp »

I would say Rix Tac is fairly OP, even without Exp Rix SBs can solo kill anything except tele's quicker then any other faction, they do more damage per slot so have the potential to kill more bases per SB, they can fly perpendicular to their target instead of straight at it which means it takes longer for defenders to reach them, because the pods have to be killed it's very easy for the Rix SB to escape regardless if the base dies or not as defenders have to shoot the pod while other factions SBs are just hunted down and finally they have a much much lower signature even though they have their AB weaponry up.

That's just Rix SBs, Rix SFs can load probes, proxes and combat drones instead of missiles which does take more skill to use but can be much deadlier then their counterparts while also being low sig.

So yeah Rix Tac is OP without even bringing +Exp into it.
FIZ

Post by FIZ »

Could you change Station Drones from PW to EW? That would be another 15k needed to up the ante. Not game breaking, but maybe enough. I have no idea if SDs are hardcoded to PW either, just throwing this out there.

Edit: by another 15k, I mean not simultaneously upgrading the Int guns.
Last edited by FIZ on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 15 2013, 02:08 AM) Could you change Station Drones from PW to EW? That would be another 15k needed to up the ante. Not game breaking, but maybe enough. I have no idea if SDs are hardcoded to PW either, just throwing this out there.

Edit: by another 15k, I mean not simultaneously upgrading the Int guns.

umm dmg ga is PW+EW anyway so that part doesnt matter.
Both EW range ga's together is only 4.5k - and they are in tac. So your proposal buffs tac by itself and does pretty much nothing at all to tac+exp.

I still say its fine, buff other endgame instead. Noone likes 3+ hours games... aside from grav and he doesnt play anymore either.
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Phantom032 wrote:QUOTE (Phantom032 @ Feb 15 2013, 11:21 AM) I still say its fine, buff other endgame instead. Noone likes 3+ hours games... aside from grav and he doesnt play anymore either.
There is some truth in that...but what a @#(!fight you are creating in buying a toyshop because one toy is better than the others!
FIZ

Post by FIZ »

Ahh, my apologies. I don't even know how I found my way in here hehehe

Edit: 3 cheers for 1000 posts rawr
Last edited by FIZ on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.