Rix sbs

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Narg

Post by Narg »

Actually moving pw range ga to sup makes alot of sense across the board. It makes bombing stronger once tech is up (not bomb rushes) and gives figs the boost they are supposed to have against ints. If you are in an int then you are faster, stronger and tougher than the fig, but only if you close range. 1 vs 1 the fig can keep distance and pod you.
Alternately I have suggested before moving sd2 to sup or linking it to ab. Most of the other factions need sup to get their top sbs, why not rix?
Death's hounds feared me
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Narg wrote:QUOTE (Narg @ Feb 16 2013, 05:13 AM) Actually moving pw range ga to sup makes alot of sense across the board. It makes bombing stronger once tech is up (not bomb rushes) and gives figs the boost they are supposed to have against ints. If you are in an int then you are faster, stronger and tougher than the fig, but only if you close range. 1 vs 1 the fig can keep distance and pod you.
Alternately I have suggested before moving sd2 to sup or linking it to ab. Most of the other factions need sup to get their top sbs, why not rix?
I guess there isn't anything fundamentally wrong with moving PW Range to Sup, but it's the kind wide-sweeping change for a very specific situation.

Linking SD2 to Stinger 2 makes more sense probably. (Putting a distinct research item sup would be dumb without changing ballista to use it, which again falls into the "too-much" category.)

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

I don't see why having a tech that can end games (which will virtually always come after full exp, anyway, so it's essentially full dual teching) is a bad thing.
Rix tac is really weak without exp support for ints, prox2, ship sig, pw dmg/range for drones.
other factions get sb ab upgrades/GAs from sup only, rix tac gets it from between both tac (stinger) and exp (pw dmg/rng)
I don't see a problem here

and this is of course mostly being brought up as a product of high/high games, during which game miners were surely not killed
"omg we launched on high money and didn't kill miners and someone got dual tech and won with it, nerf something"
we need more tech that actually wins games, as far as I'm concerned
Last edited by Mastametz on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Vortrog wrote:QUOTE (Vortrog @ Feb 15 2013, 07:59 PM) I said this isnt about moaning about something being too powerful, its about how it cancels or minimises a requirement for teamwork whereas every other endgame in other factions requires at least 4-5 players on the job.
When you mine enough to get adv exp, and adv tac, I dont see the difference of rix sbs or any other sbs. Unless you are comparing Rix sbs with IC sbs, wich IMO is like comparing oil and water.

The teamwork needed to kill a base is the same, unless your defenders are retarded and go shooting the sbs instead of the drones. Don't blame the differences of the factions into the playerbase skill level. Learn to play the game based on factions differences not their semblances. Otherwise why would we want 10 different factions?

Otherwise we will ending up nerfing Rix sbs, bios sbs (yes they can also bomb uneyed!!) and perking IC sbs.

Also you are looking only at Rix tac while leaving everything else aside.
Last edited by Archangelus on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Archangelus wrote:QUOTE (Archangelus @ Feb 18 2013, 06:39 AM) Otherwise we will ending up nerfing Rix sbs, bios sbs (yes they can also bomb uneyed!!) and perking IC sbs.

Also you are looking only at Rix tac while leaving everything else aside.
Hsharp already said this, but I will repeat. Bios, Dreg, TF, OH, IC, Giga all have to fly AT a base to fire ze missiles, forcing them to get eyed. Maybe bios can get away with the first one, but even then they will pay.

Rix does not, and therefore has minimal risk of being podded at the detriment of the team. The means no fly home in a pod, but rather a chance to strike again and keep the opposition in defence. Every other faction HAS to commit.
How is that ignoring every other faction?

You keep missing my point to rant on about 'Don't blame the differences of the factions into the playerbase skill level' when that is not what I am doing. Im not trying to take the joy of Rix sbs away, I just want to make sure that it still requires the same amount of teamwork to win with as any other Tac.

One thing everyone does agree on to date, is that we need more Win tech for other factions so economic victory is translated to game victory.
Last edited by Vortrog on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Every other faction doesn't have drones that can easily be shot down before they manage to fire on anything.
Narg

Post by Narg »

If it is so easy why is it so seldom done?
It is not easy and takes plenty of teamwork. have each pilot cover the right part of the base etc.
Death's hounds feared me
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

because it's PLAYERBASE ISSUE

how many times do i have to repeat the same $#@!ing things
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Vortrog wrote:QUOTE (Vortrog @ Feb 17 2013, 06:16 PM) Hsharp already said this, but I will repeat. Bios, Dreg, TF, OH, IC, Giga all have to fly AT a base to fire ze missiles, forcing them to get eyed. Maybe bios can get away with the first one, but even then they will pay.

Rix does not, and therefore has minimal risk of being podded at the detriment of the team. The means no fly home in a pod, but rather a chance to strike again and keep the opposition in defence. Every other faction HAS to commit.
How is that ignoring every other faction?
Just to point out, rix has no missiles, so how do you expect it to work the same as the factions mentioned above? Excluding TF.

Also TF sbs have ab cannons wich were pretty OP untill it was mixed out. So yes they also work differently.

Answering:

-Bios, has the best htts in the game (oh no, cloaking htts aren't cheesy, not to mention 3% sig sbs are something very common).

-Giga has lxy @#(! (no lxy figs are very well balanced ships, in fact considering their low hull and other nerfs, almost everyother faction ship can kill easily own a lxy fig that has 4 gatts and mp's, not to mention qf3).

-TF double gunned scouts are as equally balanced as any other scout(oh no, they are so weak that hvy scouts have 3 gatts), in fact you can 1x1 it and has a 50/50 chance to win(pun inteded), not to mention the 4 gatts adv figs that are as bad as any other figs, or the 1.3k adv sfs with snipers (really they cant pod anything uneyed while fireing those).

Now did you get the $#@!ing clue or will it be needed to elaborate all factions differences so you figure out that factions aren't meant to be played all the same?

Rix sbs are good for a reason: Its a different faction, it needs to work differently, and have something worthy getting. Learn to $#@!in play against it, or stfu. They are good? Yes they are I never argued on that point, but they arent as OP as you are poiting out, unless YOUR team SUCKS hardly. Killing the drones isnt rocket science, and also even if the sbs arent eyed the drones are once armed. And the rix sd distance is 1198, not 1.4k.

IMO the only faction that is very unbalanced is Dreg. Yet I prefer to not point out any ideas at how solving them, because it would require a hvy revamp of the entire faction.
Last edited by Archangelus on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Archie,

First, thank you for contributing to the discussion instead of "$#@! you, don't touch anything".

Here's the deal about shooting drones: it is true that shooting the drones is effective when you are facing tac only but having an advanced exp with the lowered sig and increased drone range lets the SB have a lot more flexibility while dropping the drones. You don't actually have to concentrate on keeping your distance to the base and actually focus on dropping your drones when there is nobody around, spacing them out as necessary if they get attacked.

Other factions you have pointed out generally fit in with the theme of the faction, applicable across different tech paths and are generally countered by some downside.. but in this case of Rix exp + tac combo, I don't think that's the case. It's also annoying that there is almost no benefit to Rix tac from the sup side.

Having said that, I don't think Rix tac on its own is OP, given you can shoot down the pods and any solutions offered here essentially either nerf tac directly, or change the game structure too much to fix one isolated issue, which would be fine in a new core (like moving pw range out of exp) but not for CC.
Last edited by Spunkmeyer on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.