WeedCore 01

Discussion / Announcement area for WeedCore development.
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

I will conceed rix may be overpowered, but that can be changed, rix scouts may need to be looked at in special terms of energy recharge and total energy
cc16 solution was to halve scout recharge energy rate and add the reverse energy item
perhaps giving scouts more energy, less recharge, and a higher ripcost would solve issues of rix scout rapid deployment (with side effect of breaking fighters and sfs, meaning their ripcost would probably have to be altered)

I truly wanted to get away from the SR designation, but if rix is to continue to have ripcord scouts, it may be that or using the cc model as the means. On the other hand, I can say that being opposite of rix, I know what to expect, and it is fun chasing them down and killing them as they ripcord in. I cannot be the only one.

normal scouts have 1200 energy
and 60 energy recharge/ second I believe

so In 20 seconds, your scout is fully charged and is ready for another scout to rip in
yes that is somewhat fast, as the more you rip in, exponentially quicker to reinforce with more scouts

as for the nanite change, I don't see how changing from 50% effectiveness at nanite operations to 75% effectiveness equates a 50% improvement, it's a 25% improvement isn't it

nan2 is -30 damage, 4 shots /second,. -120 damage per second excluding faction ga and damage gas, I think people forget that pw damage, also effects nannite operations

so at -120 dmg /second X 0.5 (nanite did -60 dmg / second on super hvy class hull)
-120/second X 0.75 (-90 damage / second on super hvy class hull)
super hvy class = cruisers
hvy class= corv, attack carrier, frigate, destroyer, devastator, assault ship

a 50% increase would mean nanite2 does the full 1.0 modifer on super hvy class and would do -120 dmg /second
Last edited by Weedman on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Just make them take as long to research as any other factions Adv tech and it have the difference of opinion. Fighting Rix heavy scouts in Enh figs or Ints is just too hard.

Or, make factions with SC turrets Gunships 12s research time. :lol: Aint so OP now.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

How about keeping adv scouts when hvy scouts are researched, and removing the sr ability from the hvy. This would force more tactics, as well as limit the amount of hvy scouts that can rip into a sector each minute(unless the team is coordinated and rips in several adv first, but that's cool if they do).
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

rix will always be god tier with a good team and will always be trash tier with an idiot team
Narg

Post by Narg »

Belters just became not belters. let them keep mk2 tech.
Death's hounds feared me
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

I will take it into consideration.

Mulling more on rix, I will probably re-enact a designated SR hvy scout with gat, and the heavy with mini-ac is not an sr.

I will probably modify ripcost, as you upgrade rix scouts their ripcost gets lower. If you really had like 6 people who would actually coordinate, I suppose that could be pretty devastating, but again, if I'm commander, I tell somebody to walk with the miners at all times.

Another thought I have, is to increase the ripcost, so in essence, adv scouts use 1500 energy to rip (adv scout has 1500 energy) instead of 1100, and hvy scouts use 1800 energy to rip instead of 1000. I will probably do this. This would hurt their ability to rip to carriers. But since they are all smallrips anyway, it is what it is.
Last edited by Weedman on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

hey yesterday sy was off, but hvy boost was still available just an fyi
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

Roger, I believe I had originally said heavy booster is tied to shipyard flag, but I removed it, it will be available all the time
minigun

Post by minigun »

I always thought cc was kind of a bore core. nerf this, get rid of that, equalize this...ect....ect....
If something in weedcore is way out of wack change it...but don't be afraid to try it.
nice job weedman!
Cry,'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war -Julius Ceasar
Dome

Post by Dome »

OH feels overpowered vs other factions, especially OH expansion.

OH tts have anti base cannon as primary weapon, where as bombers still require a gunner. This makes going exp even more enticing..

A compromise might be to make the tt and htt cannon only effect shields... but I don't know how hard that change would be to make.

While I do love OH expansion (NI) it feels unbalanced to meeeee. Also OH economy is just so good all you have to remember to do is start partialing exp and then adv exp and you can get heavy ints up in 14 minutes.

And Dreg is still woeful crap.. they just die way too easy, both their ships and their bases. With pricetags that high, dreg needs a little something.
Last edited by Dome on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.