WeedCore 01

Discussion / Announcement area for WeedCore development.
Terran

Post by Terran »

rix hvy scouts are back :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
pkk

Post by pkk »

Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Jan 20 2013, 04:16 PM) rix hvy scouts are back :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
History repeats itself, I smell a nerf of rix hvyscout. :ninja:
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Terran

Post by Terran »

I think weed is too smart to fall into the voobs' trap

Just cause 3 ppl can pwn with this scout is no reason to nerf it for everyone. I think that is actually why he brought them back in the first place.
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

The only reason rix hvy scouts were nerfed (tied to tech base) and later removed, was due to constant launches oh high starting money so they could be rushed.
I invented it, I know.
It's not a balance issue, it's a game settings issue.
There's a new sheriff in town.
pkk

Post by pkk »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Jan 22 2013, 07:20 AM) It's not a balance issue, it's a game settings issue.
HvyScout vs SF on miner hunting.

Fig: You boost into the sector in numbers and power the miner.

SF: It takes a lot of time to set up, recharge energy, destroy the defenders (if you can) and kill the miner (if you have enough energy left).

Int: You boost into the sector in numbers and power the miner.

Rix HvyScout: Because of your low sig it's easy to sneak into the sector and call reinforcement. Your group kill the defenders with the 1.2k MiniAC and power the miner. With R6 ripcord upgrades it's much easier to create a concentration: First scout spots the miner (t + 0 sec), 2nd scout rips in (t + 10 sec), 3rd scout can start ripcording after the 2nd one is in (t + 20 sec), 4th scout can start ripping to first scout (t + 14 sec), once energy is recharged (takes only 3.33 secs), 5th scout can rip to 2nd scouts (t + 30 sec), 6th can rip once energy is recharged (t + 24 sec), 6th (t + 34 sec)... You can have the whole team in that sector within a minute if done right.

Creating such a concentration of firepower is not possible with any other "tech tree" in that short time. Just wanna see the first squad game, where the other team gets powered with that old but massively improved tactic.

EDIT:
If remember correctly, a well coordinated team can rip to that sector within below 10 secs. All you should need to do is setup ripcord targets:

(t+0) Scout 1 spots miner(t+0) Scout 2 starts ripcording to Scout 1(t+1) Scout 3 targets Scout 2 and starts ripcording, after Scout 2 started ripcording(t+2) Scout 4 targets Scout 3 and starts ripcording, after Scout 3 started ripcording(t+3) Scout 5 targets Scout 4 and starts ripcording, after Scout 4 started ripcording(t+4) Scout 6 targets Scout 5 and starts ripcording, after Scout 5 started ripcording(t+5) Scout 7 targets Scout 6 and starts ripcording, after Scout 6 started ripcording(t+6) Scout 8 targets Scout 7 and starts ripcording, after Scout 7 started ripcording(t+7) Scout 9 targets Scout 8 and starts ripcording, after Scout 8 started ripcording(t+8) Scout 10 targets Scout 9 and starts ripcording, after Scout 9 started ripcording(t+9) Scout 11 targets Scout 10 and starts ripcording, after Scout 10 started ripcording(t+10) Scout 12 targets Scout 11 and starts ripcording, after Scout 11 started ripcording(t+11) Scout 13 targets Scout 12 and starts ripcording, after Scout 12 started ripcording(t+12) Scout 14 targets Scout 13 and starts ripcording, after Scout 13 started ripcording(t+13) Scout 15 targets Scout 14 and starts ripcording, after Scout 14 started ripcording

Scouts next to miner:
(t+0) 1 Scout(t+10) 2 Scouts(t+11) 3 Scouts(t+12) 4 Scouts(t+13) 5 Scouts(t+14) 6 Scouts(t+15) 7 Scouts(t+16) 8 Scouts(t+17) 9 Scouts(t+18) 10 Scouts(t+19) 11 Scouts(t+20) 12 Scouts(t+21) 13 Scouts(t+22) 14 Scouts(t+23) 15 Scouts

Within 23 secs you'll have 15 scouts going for that miner. Happy hunting... :mrtank:

PS:
This can be even topped, if you take into account that a hvy scout recharged enough energy for a 2nd one after 3.33 secs.
Last edited by pkk on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

but sr hvy scouts don't mount a front miniac, they only have a miniac gunner slot

unless weed changed that i didn't look at the core file
Last edited by NightRychune on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
pkk

Post by pkk »

NightRychune wrote:QUOTE (NightRychune @ Jan 22 2013, 10:43 AM) but sr hvy scouts don't mount a front miniac, they only have a miniac gunner slot

unless weed changed that i didn't look at the core file
He changed it... ;)
Weedman wrote:QUOTE (Weedman @ Jan 19 2013, 10:26 PM)

Code: Select all

hvy scout has pw miniac pilot
rix hvy scout ammo = 500 (was 250)
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

play people

they have no turret gunners anymore

I'm not crazy

I think as a commander, when you play versus rix, you need to know that scouts will be on your stuff, so don't let miners or constructors wander alone is a good place to start.

Rix scouts are pretty good, but pretty easy to chase down and kill. They have higher sig than most. They can't dumbfire you. Yes they rip in. Trying to find a balance point.
Last edited by Weedman on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

i like the hvy scout but if sr scouts have a front mini ac that is ridiculous

On the rix scouts the turret was useless anyway, i always removed mine for less weight and so some voob couldnt waste my ammo. Having the two different versions is a good thing. I would say, perhaps you make the hvy (maybe advanced too?) sr versions free so more will take them, and they wont be bugging the commander all the time for money.
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid
Camaro

Post by Camaro »

You realize changing nanite from 0.5 to 0.75 on super heavy is actually a 50% increase right?