Texture mods as default

A place to post suggestions for new features, new bugs, and comments about the existing code.
Kap

Post by Kap »

Could the majority of graphic mods be included as default in new installers? The default ones could be included as an option if you feel your computer can't handle it (like the ogg sound files). The other time when I reinstalled the game and played as GT they looked like someone had vomited cement and then applied it to the bases to make enemies puke as they approach them. Similar deal with asteroids, they look so washed out.

Of course not everyone may agree that the 'improved' textures look better but there are some obvious ones (gt and asteroids) that are easy to see the improvement:
(SpaceJunk's work:)

vs

(yeah I didn't find an in-game picture)
Other GT bases by SpaceJunk
Last edited by Kap on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. -- Albert Einstein
JimmyNighthawk

Post by JimmyNighthawk »

','
Last edited by JimmyNighthawk on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beschenkt die Starken!
Schröpft die Schwachen,
und die Armen schlagt ans Kreuz!

Wir hängen nicht am Leben,
doch an einem Traum!
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Yeah, should be done next time we package the installer.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

dusanc

Post by dusanc »

:thumbsup:
- "History repeats itself for a reason" - "It's easy to cry for war when you've never experienced it" - "It's better to negotiate for 10 years then make war for 10 days" - "The strong do as they will, and the weak do as they must"
Hellsyng

Post by Hellsyng »

Spunkmeyer wrote:QUOTE (Spunkmeyer @ Jan 1 2013, 04:08 PM) Yeah, should be done next time we package the installer.
Sounds awesome.
MastaMetz wrote:QUOTE (MastaMetz @ Dec 6, 2012, 10:32 PM)@#(!ternet. I'm a genius!
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Hellsyng wrote:QUOTE (Hellsyng @ Jan 2 2013, 07:22 PM) Sounds awesome.
Well, ok, let me qualify that a bit... I think it needs to be done but pkk is the one who builds the installer and we haven't really discussed this... so there may be some logistical issue I'm not aware of etc.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Hellsyng

Post by Hellsyng »

The fact that it's on the table to be discussed is awesome.
MastaMetz wrote:QUOTE (MastaMetz @ Dec 6, 2012, 10:32 PM)@#(!ternet. I'm a genius!
SpaceJunk

Post by SpaceJunk »

http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...showtopic=60681

I'm sorry I never got around to do a proper retexturing for GT, but redoing all the UV mapping was a bit of a chore and I didn't have a decent machine back then.
JimmyNighthawk

Post by JimmyNighthawk »

Beschenkt die Starken!
Schröpft die Schwachen,
und die Armen schlagt ans Kreuz!

Wir hängen nicht am Leben,
doch an einem Traum!
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

i know i backed up his installer in mods topic http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...showtopic=70252
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]