I want to...

Open forum for new Pilots.
ElZappo

Post by ElZappo »

Hey guys.

My name's Zap and noone will ever recall me, but I played Allegiance some years ago (2007) and really miss the "flying on a wing" feeling.

Back then I took part in the CDT program (twice) and studied all the sheets and tactics, but RL didn't let me finish both times and I felt thrown back and gave up quick.
Remembering the beloved harshness and no-skill intolerance I am kinda scared to join a game right now. I feel rusty and wasn't even intermediate back then..only cross nanning, miner guard and probing (CDT remember?)

As a new year starts I thought about finishing CDT, but it's gone. So how do I start getting off the rust and get back into handling my stick better than any girl ever could ?
I saw there's ACS/AFS, but newbie as I am I still make a new topic. See? I need help ;)

Happy new year and such
Zap

/edit profile told me the exact year I played. Hoorays for being old and stupid
Last edited by ElZappo on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hellsyng

Post by Hellsyng »

If you can probe, cross nan, and guard miners you're better than 90% of people who play now. Welcome back.
MastaMetz wrote:QUOTE (MastaMetz @ Dec 6, 2012, 10:32 PM)@#(!ternet. I'm a genius!
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

the skill intolerance isn't as bad as it used to be(depending on you're commander). :P
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

The worst the game can do is have people type in ALL CAPS at you. Hardly worth worrying about; a new game is always right around the corner. Come on and play!
ImageImage
HJ_KG
Location: Plutocracy, USA Occupation: misanthropic anthropologist

Post by HJ_KG »

Last edited by HJ_KG on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unindicted co-conspirator
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

It took me half the game to realize that there's a ripping miner indicator.

Then I was all: ooooooh neet-o!! :thumbsup:
ImageImage
ElZappo

Post by ElZappo »

BackTrak wrote:QUOTE (BackTrak @ Jan 1 2013, 03:30 PM) It took me half the game to realize that there's a ripping miner indicator.

Then I was all: ooooooh neet-o!! :thumbsup:
Took me like half a minute til Vulcan put me under pressure while the "dragon" itself was backseating and roaming. I felt so..pressed on? :) Thanks Vulcano and key bindings are first whenever i get sober and survived 1. day work.

Happy Aquarius. Once in 5k :)
Vazix

Post by Vazix »

Didn't want to make another identical topic, but I am joining the OP and getting back into Allegiance, I played a bit half a year ago and maybe some of you will remember me.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Sure, just remember it's not if you win or lose...it's fun either way. And ignore the usual whiners, people are always going to brag about their "greatness".
TenForward

Post by TenForward »

ElZappo wrote:QUOTE (ElZappo @ Dec 31 2012, 04:53 AM) Hey guys.

My name's Zap and noone will ever recall me, but I played Allegiance some years ago (2007) and really miss the "flying on a wing" feeling.

Back then I took part in the CDT program (twice) and studied all the sheets and tactics, but RL didn't let me finish both times and I felt thrown back and gave up quick.
Remembering the beloved harshness and no-skill intolerance I am kinda scared to join a game right now. I feel rusty and wasn't even intermediate back then..only cross nanning, miner guard and probing (CDT remember?)

As a new year starts I thought about finishing CDT, but it's gone. So how do I start getting off the rust and get back into handling my stick better than any girl ever could ?
I saw there's ACS/AFS, but newbie as I am I still make a new topic. See? I need help ;)

Happy new year and such
Zap

/edit profile told me the exact year I played. Hoorays for being old and stupid