CC17 preview

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

A few things are pending commentary and still needs testing but otherwise done and should be out this weekend.

So far:

Bugfixes
GT heavy scout can mount QL missiles.
Lxy scout has twice the capacity.
Rix FB energy reduced to match the effectiveness of other fighter bombers.
IC Basic Carrier energy recharge rate halved.
Skyripper research no longer needs Drydock so Giga can research it.

Belter Adjustments
Belter bombers lose LB.
Belter enh. figs lose second minigun.
Belter figs mass increased very slightly (45->47)
Belter adv fig fuel reduced very slightly (18->17)
Belter std. ints lose second gat/disruptor.
Belter cost nerf and yield bonus removed, so that players can judge relative costs more easily.
Belter carrier cost increased 25%.
Starting money reduced accordingly but payday and miner costs remain the same.

Dreg Adjustments
Energy bonus reduced from 15% to 5%, PW Range bonus increased from 0% to 10% to help ints.
Dreg cost nerf and yield bonus removed, so that players can judge relative costs more easily. This means an effective yield increase of 5%.
He3 mine income, He3 mine (station) cost and carrier costs reduced accordingly. Payday and starting money reduced only slightly (now 1.0). Miner costs remain the same.

SY Adjustments
Attack carrier cargo capacity tripled to compensate for lack of freighter.
Hunter Killer moved to same damage class as all the other anti-small-ship missiles (to avoid anti-rock oddity - will nerf damage if proven OP)
Attack carrier shield removed, and hull increased from 1000 to 4000.
Attack carrier is still available after researching Assault Ship.
Killer swarm damage reduced 25%.

DM fixes
All ships available to all factions.
Figs lose MP2.
Ints get MG2.
Various part availability oddities with GT fixed.
Adv sf has sniper 1, hunter 2, sig 2, mini 3.
Heavy scouts are available in DM.

Other
Caltrop endurance increased 50%.
Drone carrier mass reduced tenfold (thrust and inertia adjusted accordingly)
GT can now research enhanced towers with more hull, scan range, damage and pod rescue ability.
Basic (SY off) carriers have 20% less hull.
Last edited by Spunkmeyer on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

no you @#$%@#

reduce dreg yield/cost but leave their starting money the same
Jeruwafi

Post by Jeruwafi »

I don't like belt and dreg econ changes at all. You are continuing to remove all variety in faction economies :\

EDIT - decided to elaborate:

Belts:
Removing LB isn't that bad as long as heavy bbrs keep it.
Second minigun lost? Was it ever a problem? No opinion, reduces belt flavor.
Fig mass is a good move, as is fig fuel.
Belt int changes make sense if they are really op vs SY.
Instead of your economy changes I recommend lowering yield to 1.2 and increasing costs to 1.3. This would make them more reliant on treasures while still allowing cheap adv ship research. I believe it would enhance belter "scavenging" flavor.

Dreg:
energy bonus and pw range bonus changes look interesting..
Economy... Keep speed as is, increase yield to 1.3 or 1.35 (old value). He3 mines are more flavor than useful tech, cc16 values seem ok.
Last edited by Jeruwafi on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
Chiveicrook

v4p-9.62/0.97sw2/4CHhw5/6ln5pr3/5Fck2ma4/7u6/7FLw4DTWXm0l7LSi2e3+7t4Sb8AMPTen4/5a19s0r1/2g7AGPRTV
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

I should elaborate on pricing changes. They are not really changing the overall econ rate much, except improving Dreg slightly.

Right now there is a perception that Dreg and Belter are more expensive than they are because they both have a cost penalty and a yield bonus, which mostly cancel each other out. In fact Dreg isn't expensive at all, and Belters are very cheap but the yield bonus hides this. It's been suggested that we remove the cost penalty and yield bonus to make things easier to evaluate.

For example, right now Belter tech research costs 6250, ships cost 6250 and bases are 8000. After the change, Belter tech research costs 5000 like everyone else, ships cost 5000, bases are 6400 and there is no yield bonus. This makes it immediately visible that Belters have very cheap research and bases.

Of course there are other costs: it's assumed that cashbox collection and small ship costs will essentially wipe each other out. (I'm not concerned about caps right now because they are much cheaper now and it's just not a big factor in any case). The remaining factors (drones, payday, starting money, special mines) are judgement calls, keeping in mind paydays and miner costs are linked.

But it's not intended to affect the gameplay and I don't really have a problem taking it out if people don't like it for whatever reason.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Jeruwafi

Post by Jeruwafi »

QUOTE In fact Dreg isn't expensive at all[/quote]

In fact dreg is expensive. Do your math properly. I'm talking about pure credit/he3 calculation. Speed is a factor that shouldn't be counted because it is not balancing the need to mine 4 sectors vs 2-3 sectors.
---
Chiveicrook

v4p-9.62/0.97sw2/4CHhw5/6ln5pr3/5Fck2ma4/7u6/7FLw4DTWXm0l7LSi2e3+7t4Sb8AMPTen4/5a19s0r1/2g7AGPRTV
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

The alternative approach to nerfing Belters is to leave the gun mounts as they are, and just go for a straightforward 5% yield penalty.

Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

sigh
There's a new sheriff in town.
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

it directly affects gameplay because the yield bonuses allow he3 yield GAs to have a much greater impact

getting a 26% yield increase instead of a 21% yield increase is kind of a big deal
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Seriously spunk

30 seconds in lobby chat between random folk gives far more consideration to balance implications of everything in this changelog than you ever have given to anything you yourself have coded/implemented

you're a lunatic
There's a new sheriff in town.
Narg

Post by Narg »

How about moving rix station drone 2 to sup. almost all other factions need a sup for a better sbs and we all know rix have the best sbs in the game by far.
Death's hounds feared me