Solo game for practice

Open forum for new Pilots.
Marseyus

Post by Marseyus »

Been playing a bit, and there have been a few things i would like to explore, but would prefer not to screw a game up so i was wondering is there some way for me to make a game that i can play by myself on, just to practice some stuff on?
HSharp

Post by HSharp »

Yes, if your the only one in the server and have game control you can disable the other team and still launch so its a 1vs0 which won't end until you leave (or if you put timer on). Of course you cant practice fighting by yourself as there will be no enemies, its mainly useful for commanders so they can time a strategy and organise nice miner routes.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

This is a GREAT way to explore the tech tree if you plan on becoming a commander in the future.
Raven_42

Post by Raven_42 »

also I have found one way to practice fighting by yourself. Use core training core 3, start game with friendly fire on, research training drones (I think, whichever research says it enables scout drones), then make some scouts. Send them to starting positions, then select them all and hit enter to chat, then give voice chat "Need repairs". These scouts have a gun that will do you damage, and they will essentially be chasing you. You can try and kill them before they get you.

Code: Select all

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4351/babelfish.png[/img]
djrbk

Post by djrbk »

Training core is also sorta kinda maybe useful. You'd need another opponent, but you can each make dozen if drone fighter/interceptor drones to fight each other/ players.

However their AI sucks so its not really useful for dog fighting. Might help with conceptualizing giant fruballs though.