Allegiance Command School

"Can someone create a ________ for me?"
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

I have no opinion on this matter.
Last edited by Mastametz on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
Dome

Post by Dome »

cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 31 2012, 02:09 PM) If Dome wishes to take over ACS even though there is no student demand, I'll be happy to pass the reigns off to him.
Can't make demand unless there is supply eh? ;)

Yeah I am willing and able to do this. Obviously I am not some amazing commander but I like to think I would be able to contribute as well as organize a bunch of comms better than me to help prospective students.
pkk

Post by pkk »

Instead of working together, you have nothing better to do then blaming and bitching about each other.

cashto tried to reestablish ACS in March, without getting support any useful feedback. The only one who volunteered was Masta, but he said it in a way that not many people understand and can deal with. I understand cashto why he may didn't want to work with him.

You all want to save the community? YOU DOING IT WRONG!

How about more cooperation getting projects done?

You asking for tools to get things done? There is someone active (cashto) who already has the tools (ACS forums and group permissions) and is asking for your help.

But no, all you do is continuing this stupid flame war about something totally insignificant bull @#(!...
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

I have no opinion on this matter.
Last edited by Mastametz on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCorsair

Post by TheCorsair »

Well, let's focus on the now... given this thread below.. it looks like it's getting somewhere and I'd be keen to take part as a student at some stage.

http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...c=67482&hl=
"Neither east nor west" Image
UNITED FOREVER IN FRIENDSHIP AND LABOUR
"The clouds are fleeting over every country, we stand fast, for no kind of rain will take away our smiles."
bastard

Post by bastard »

Ok I am going to write something here and I would like constructive feedback.

Beginner -

Get some newer people who know the basics of the game and want to learn the basics of commanding for when they are on in the 3v3 situation and don't know anything that is going on. We could use to instructional videos with commentary showing these basics so they can actually see them being done.

Please add more here

Advanced -

As qqqq (whoever that really is) says I believe that the 1on1 training is the best way to improve upon the basics towards the more advanced. A long time ago Masta came to me when I was commanding a lot and asked for learning. I gave him the low down skinny and drove it home and offered advice and ALWAYS flew on his team when he commanded to tell him how to do something better or how he was screwing up so he knew not to do it next time. I believe he is better than most these days in most aspects because of that sort of learning enviroment.

Please add more here.

NOW -

I want constructive feedback after this if you are replying to me in this post. If you get off topic I will just ask to have it closed all together.

METZ -

I know you will read this and I want your opinion on how my helping you before in the manner that we did worked and DID NOT work. That way we can add to it.

bast
<Aeris_PK> Bastard: "beeeeeeeeeeech, watchu be talkinlikedat to da derrr ho, yu ho, na go make meh a sammich!"
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

My final act as SL is to regret to inform you that my principles dictate that I can not contribute to an ACS being run by Cashto (who does not command and already killed ACS once) and having Fwiffo (who logs out of the game when asked to command) as an instructor. It is an insult to me, my squad, and the ACS program as a whole.

Good luck.
cashto

Post by cashto »

Awwww, I've lost the coveted Masta vote.

Shucky darn.
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

if Fwiffo gets to be instructor
I sure as hell am qualified too
bastard

Post by bastard »

Again you guys are off of the topic.

When dealing with the future of something and when in management position you must leave personal feelings out of it and do what is best for the company (FreeAllegiance).

Metz knows the basics of how to comm and wants to teach, lets give him a shot.

Fwiffo knows the basics of how to comm and wants to teach, lets give him a shot.

What everyone is missing is this. cashto doesn't HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO COMM TO RUN ACS. He is the leader or the management of the project. As long as he starts managing the program everything is good. His job is to make sure we have the people who know how to comm, are active, and want to teach in the teaching seats. And he is the overall direction of ACS, not the day to day workhorse, but the overseer.

I will use myself as an example. I am in the US Navy, I run a division of 26 people and I am not qualified to do what 90% of them do. I do this though, I manage my people. I make sure the right people for the hands on work is there when they need to be. I make sure the work is being done. If it is not it is my job the kick them in the butt and make them. If still not to get them out of the seat and someone else who can do the job in there.

bast
<Aeris_PK> Bastard: "beeeeeeeeeeech, watchu be talkinlikedat to da derrr ho, yu ho, na go make meh a sammich!"