Curses!

Open forum for new Pilots.
LethalFelix

Post by LethalFelix »

Well shoot. I'm guessing that I can't exactly access the server at college. :bang:

I'll have to wait until I'm back at home during the Holiday Break to play.

:(
I'm new but will learn. Don't hate on this n00b. xD
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

I have no opinion on this matter.
Last edited by Mastametz on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
pkk

Post by pkk »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Oct 17 2012, 01:13 AM) Are you trying to connect through ASGS or ACSS
It doesn't matter, because most colleges are blocking DirectPlay ports...
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
LethalFelix

Post by LethalFelix »

I'm connecting through ACSS.

And I'm certain it is my college that is the issue because I was connecting fine at home this morning.
I'm new but will learn. Don't hate on this n00b. xD
<.<

Post by <.< »

LethalFelix wrote:QUOTE (LethalFelix @ Oct 16 2012, 04:46 PM) I'm connecting through ACSS.

And I'm certain it is my college that is the issue because I was connecting fine at home this morning.
I don't even know how you got that far. Allegiance makes some file changes pretty high up in your file structure. They actually give students admin accounts?
pkk

Post by pkk »

wrote:QUOTE (      @ Oct 17 2012, 03:46 PM) I don't even know how you got that far. Allegiance makes some file changes pretty high up in your file structure. They actually give students admin accounts?
At home: You have full control over your PC and network (router/NAT)
At school/work: You may have only control over your PC, while you can't change things on the network

If the network allows you creating a VPN tunnel to locations outside the network, it will solve your problem.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
<.<

Post by <.< »

pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Oct 17 2012, 07:46 AM) At home: You have full control over your PC and network (router/NAT)
At school/work: You may have only control over your PC, while you can't change things on the network

If the network allows you creating a VPN tunnel to locations outside the network, it will solve your problem.
From my experience it's been "At school/work: You won't have any control over your PC, you can't touch program files".
MonAG

Post by MonAG »

wrote:QUOTE (      @ Oct 17 2012, 04:59 PM) From my experience it's been "At school/work: You won't have any control over your PC, you can't touch program files".
True, if you use school/work property. If you have your own laptop, and are allowed to connect to the school/work network, then it is a different story.
privateerm

Post by privateerm »

Stick tomato or some other open source router firmware on your home router that has Open VPN on it. Then VPN into your router when away. No need to run a computer.
Blah blah blah blah (breath) blah blah blah blah (breath) oh, what was this thread about again......