looking for squad leadership who might be interested in beta testing my app

Catch-all for all development not having a specific forum.
fwiffo

Post by fwiffo »

i am no longer taking anymore beta testers for the app. i am working on version 2 atm to address the issue of forum name != callsign. once that is done and the remaining bugs ironed out, i'll release for general use (still going to be limited to squad leadership though)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Spathi's Axiom for Survival: "The only brave Spathi is a dead Spathi. RUN YOU FOOLS!"
fwiffo

Post by fwiffo »

i have identified the most important feature to add to this app based on the beta testing that was just done. for those callsigns that do not exactly match the forum account, i will need additional input from the user. i would like this extra input to be fully controlled by the user (i would only need read access) so that i can avoid forcing the user to go through a login/password.

so the best i could come up with thus far is using google docs. if you would just create a google spreadsheet and provide the app with the "key" for me to look at that spreadsheet, i can send PMs to the correct forum accounts based on what you tell me about who is who on the spreadsheet.

on the technical side, ive already tested it working so i CAN get data from your google spreadsheet but the downside of it is that you would have to create a google account if you dont already have one.

ideally, i would like to have some sort of anonymous pastebin type service where i can start off a document by entering the callsigns i couldnt PM then hand off the secret URL to the user to fill in their own details about the forum accounts for those callsigns. that way, if there are additions or changes to the squad roster, the user can manage their own spreadsheet/roster without my intervention. all i would need is a way to get at that data and google provides away if you make the spreadsheet private and also allow those who have the url to view.

anyone have a better idea?

my general requirements:
1. less logins = better, no logins = best
2. i dont want to keep a database of their info because that requires logins and i dont want/need those details.
3. hopefully has some sort of api to access the service so i dont have to build my own. not a deal breaker if it doesnt have though.

other notes:

i've tried using gists from github but even though the interface is simpler, the whole notion of forking and versioning might confuse the regular user...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Spathi's Axiom for Survival: "The only brave Spathi is a dead Spathi. RUN YOU FOOLS!"