looking for squad leadership who might be interested in beta testing my app

Catch-all for all development not having a specific forum.
fwiffo

Post by fwiffo »

it is being tested internally in my own squad, @SysX, but i've written the app such that it can be used by any squad. after our preliminary tests are complete, i will select one or two interested parties (you must be in squad leadership of your respective squad, ie. you must have some sort of token) to continue with further tests.

pls reply below if interested, earlier responses get higher priority.

so a little about what the app does:

looks at the squad roster page
identifies all the inactives (both red and grey)
using YOUR forum name user/password
you can send a personalized PM to all those inactives identified previously
hit submit and you are done.
Last edited by fwiffo on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Spathi's Axiom for Survival: "The only brave Spathi is a dead Spathi. RUN YOU FOOLS!"
moorish

Post by moorish »

fwiffo wrote:QUOTE (fwiffo @ Oct 1 2012, 12:56 AM) it is being tested internally in my own squad, @SysX, but i've written the app such that it can be used by any squad. after our preliminary tests are complete, i will select one or two interested parties (you must be in squad leadership of your respective squad, ie. you must have some sort of token) to continue with further tests.

pls reply below if interested, earlier responses get higher priority.

so a little about what the app does:

looks at the squad roster page
identifies all the inactives (both red and grey)
using YOUR forum name user/password
you can send a personalized PM to all those inactives identified previously
hit submit and you are done.
Can you filter the ones out that have been AFK for over a set amount of time or does it just target all inactives?
fwiffo

Post by fwiffo »

squad roster lists some in red and some in grey, depending on how long they've been inactive. you can pick to PM either or both.
A Spathi's Axiom for Survival: "The only brave Spathi is a dead Spathi. RUN YOU FOOLS!"
StinkerTod

Post by StinkerTod »

And you get access to their forum accounts pms and internal squad forums yay we need another XT oh wait NI forum leak
>>>>>>>>>> Jimmy fan club! <<<<<<<<<<
Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Sep 17 2012, 11:23 AM) Belters figs are just ints with missles that can rip and nan.
fwiffo

Post by fwiffo »

i can always disable it for @NI if that's a concern. i'm not going to lose sleep over that.
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

Nothing really to hide, anyways.

Fwiffo -- separate question.

Have you looked into integrating some of the cool @#(! on your website onto the FAO website. I.e., the graphing status/top-10s/kph rankings?
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

If all the stat-type-stuff got incorporated into an app could be great for player interest/retention.
There's a new sheriff in town.
fwiffo

Post by fwiffo »

alaskan - sure if there's enough interest and i can either work with someone who has access then that could work
sheriffmetz - an iphone app? yea, it's on the pipeline... after i actually learn how to write iphone apps.
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

I can't really help... at all. I just think it would be awesome to see a link to a site-integrated monthly KPH/KPE lists and graphing leaderboards. I will sacrifice one voob on the altar for the FAO gods if they make this happen.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

fwiffo wrote:QUOTE (fwiffo @ Oct 1 2012, 01:34 PM) sheriffmetz - an iphone app? yea, it's on the pipeline... after i actually learn how to write iphone apps.
We could get someone taking an iOS class to do it (they don't even have to play Allegiance)
They make an app for their final project, might as well be this one
There's a new sheriff in town.