Question about HUD, for recordings.

Discussion area for user-created Allegiance models, textures, voicechats, music, and other ingame content.
soQl

Post by soQl »

Hello, i want to turn off the HUD, to see only the markers of players, witout chat, map, etc.
How can i turn off the HUD for clear recording of clips? ;)
Greetings,
soQl.

Steam: zjemcimame

Andon

Post by Andon »

A combination of using the "I" key to remove icons for ships, and switching the HUD. There's a key that cycles HUD versions - By default, there's two types of HUDs and three "Custom Hud" settings. The Custom Hud settings are all empty and will then remove all of the unwanted information from the screen. I don't remember off the top of my head what key switches HUD settings.
ImageImage
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

I'm not sure if there even is a key for it. The option exists in the esc menu somewhere though.
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
soQl

Post by soQl »

The I key is only changing mode of showing the markers of stations, alephs, or another ships. It's not toggling the hud.
I want to have the truly empty HUD in-game, witout any things, without the map, without console (history), and without the inventory.
Greetings,
soQl.

Steam: zjemcimame

MonAG

Post by MonAG »

Have a try with the "external cameras". Go to keyboard config, and shortcut a key to "View external target" (think is f12 in default keyboard).

It clears the hud, but it gives you a "follow view" of your ship though :(. However, you can zoom out (configure the zoom keys), and maybe you can get quite some interesting recordings there.

Good luck.

EDIT: Mmm.. it works as a follow camera as long as you dont target anything. So you will have to also map the "Target Nothing" key... sigh...
Last edited by MonAG on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andon

Post by Andon »

The problem is that "Target nothing" doesn't actually target nothing.

Hitting "Esc" followed by "O" (Graphics sub-menu) followed by "H" (Style option) twice will set you to an "Empty" HUD (Named Custom Hud 1, 2, or 3). You'll still have your current sector, current order, chat, and the text on the bottom displayed, but that's as "empty" as you can get it without modifying your dialog.mdl file. If you trim off the top and bottom sections of the screen, you'll be able to get rid of them (And have a widescreen look, too)
ImageImage
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

All you need to do is open dialog.mdl and search for "dialogs =" (try just dialogs if that doesn't come up)

There you can find various parts of the HUD and comment them out.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Bunnywabbit

Post by Bunnywabbit »

I fixed you up a modified dialog.mdl

1) back up your current dialog.mdl
2) copy contents to artwork folder.
3) use the ingame display menu to switch to the empty hud. It's the third option after the software hud.

happy filming!
ImageImage current version r158 new beta as of jan 23 2012
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Bunnywabbit wrote:QUOTE (Bunnywabbit @ Sep 21 2012, 10:55 AM) I fixed you up a modified dialog.mdl

3) use the ingame display menu to switch to the empty hud. It's the third option after the software hud.

happy filming!
I had already done this for him, actually :/
There's a new sheriff in town.
MonAG

Post by MonAG »

Bunnywabbit wrote:QUOTE (Bunnywabbit @ Sep 21 2012, 02:55 PM) I fixed you up a modified dialog.mdl

happy filming!
Nice! Since few people (probably none) use all of the custom hud slots, can´t we introduce this change into the default dialog.mdl file? At least it will be easier for future filming.