belter bomb runs are too powerful

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

In-game is actually pretty civil. The hostility on the forum is mainly caused by people who don't actually play Allegiance, they just play the forum.
and the mods (or lack thereof) letting them run wild
Last edited by Mastametz on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
ChaoticStorm

Post by ChaoticStorm »

juckto wrote:QUOTE (juckto @ Sep 22 2012, 10:07 PM) The amount of self-righteous and hostile posts. Makes me assume that in-game chatter is even worse. I don't want the headache for a 6v6 game.
If you guys think you can fix the real problem, player numbers, with ACSS. Thenyou may want to sort out your PR first or you'll drive off all the players before you even begin.
Waiting for ACSS myself, if we can get greater numbers then many issues will be moot anyway.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

juckto wrote:QUOTE (juckto @ Sep 22 2012, 05:07 PM) Oh, and i also appreciate posts getting deleted out of hand.
I think you'll find your post is in with the mess it was relevant to. If I was feeling more nostalgic I'd put a bunch of mockery here but can hardly blame you for not going into the rants forum.

I was sorely tempted to delete all of those outright for being pointless personal attacks but predicted somebody would complain.
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

i miss you xeretov

we need to rock planetside 2
boe

Post by boe »

ChaoticStorm wrote:QUOTE (ChaoticStorm @ Sep 23 2012, 12:02 AM) Comparing sbs to bombers is in itself a failure, stealth bombers are endgame tech that require tac to survive and reach them.
Bombers are 10k (normally).
Wasn't it the heavy bomber that can go thru caltrops/camps full speed ?
Wasn't it heavy bomber speedruns that even teched up / upgraded ships cant supposedly stop ?
And you need garr to survive to get those. duh!

And i compared 2 different strategies that lead to fast victory.
I dont see any failure in this comparison.

Anyway im for mass increase, seems simple enought. :)

Wait.. will it also help the bomber to hold the high speed ?
And will it make ramming it's speed down (by the defending team) harder ?

If so, im against it :glare:

PS:
To think on bomber timings.. any faction can get bombers before MK2 tech.
And nanned AC1 is the most powerful MK1 weapon... so any MK1 v MK1 bombrun is a cheese.
Only alephcamping stops a proper run.

So increase belter bomber research time so it will meet enemy MK2 opposing it ?
I dont like that very much.
Last edited by boe on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChaoticStorm

Post by ChaoticStorm »

boe wrote:QUOTE (boe @ Sep 23 2012, 03:24 PM) Wait.. will it also help the bomber to hold the high speed ?
And will it make ramming it's speed down (by the defending team) harder ?
If i recall it would lower the top speed, that and make dodging prox and slowing down hard for belter bombers. Generally agility would be affected as would acceleration, this coupled with ltb removal would be a rather effective nerf.
StinkerTod

Post by StinkerTod »

QUOTE Wrong.
Prox is mostly effective against shields-based craft. Belters don't have shields. Belters have tons of hull. It's not that effective.[/quote]

Yo Masta, next time you argue balance use numbers and ICE, prox deals 0.5 damage to shields and ~1.0 to hull. But hey, its funny that you are twice wrong, Bombers have shields, even belter. And hull modifier is only 1.05. Try arguing balance before getting smashed by second grade squad, otherwise you just appear to need a whaaambulance much.
>>>>>>>>>> Jimmy fan club! <<<<<<<<<<
Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Sep 17 2012, 11:23 AM) Belters figs are just ints with missles that can rip and nan.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Bomber is not a shield-dependent craft, shields on a bomber serve almost no purpose whatsoever since you cannot repair them with nanite.
prox is most effective due to its ability to instantly take out shields on most craft and leave their low hull hp vulnerable. this isn't the case with belters scouts. especially if there is more than 1 nan then they can xnan each other back to full (which is more effective as belters than as any other faction because again, other factions are shield dependant and belters scouts have not and need not shi elds)
belters hull perk + hull GA + no dependency on shields = prox is not very effective

next time you try arguing balance, spare me your ICE. it's the same @#(! that idiots have been spewing for years.
I DON'T PLAY THIS GAME BUT I INSTALLED ICE AND HAVE DEVELOPED THEORIES ABOUT HOW ACTUAL GAMEPLAY WORKS SOLELY BASED ON THE NUMBERS
Everyone who does that has ever proven to be terrible

and who the hell is stinkertod
Last edited by Mastametz on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
dusanc

Post by dusanc »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Sep 29 2012, 09:02 PM) ....
and who the hell is stinkertod
He's on your roster not mine :D
- "History repeats itself for a reason" - "It's easy to cry for war when you've never experienced it" - "It's better to negotiate for 10 years then make war for 10 days" - "The strong do as they will, and the weak do as they must"
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Someone already said it. Get better.

"Oh noes this is OP, oh noes that is OP". Usually all of this happens due to silly mistakes done in game.

Commanders know the enemy will bombrush yet they dont caltroop/tower the obivious aleph. Nobody probes the sector that is adjacent to your garr/techbase, even though ITS WELL KNOWN A BBR/HTT IS COMING. And even when the thing is eyed, usually everyone sit in ints pretending they are rambo/chuck norris and will kill the nans faster than a bbr being rammed can reach your techbase without any proxes on the aleph (funny point is, most ppl cant hit scouts flying in a straight line). its either that or everyone sitting in scouts proxing the aleph leaving 2 ints to pod and kill a bbr with a nan train. Result: you are obviously going to fail.

The problem isnt the balance, but the playerbase skill. DN was known for being full of bugs and exploits, yet despite that the playerbase skill was able to make things work.

We had ppl playing all the roles, we had good scouters pilots, good int pilots, good sf pilots. Nowadays all we have is a buncha morons thinking that good pilots are the ones who can aim in ints.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.