CC16 SY discussion

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Moving from the other thread:
Raven_42 wrote:QUOTE (Raven_42 @ Sep 18 2012, 01:21 AM) Spunky I tried out a few things in SY with Dr Ev and Priv. I have one initial concern - Tac seems the most effective way to kill SY, cos Dests are still very effective vs figs and ints, killering uneyed was the best way to beat the dest. The killer swarms (killer swarm 2) practically 2 shots dests, so probably takes out cruisers in one/two racks also (I dunno if this was the goal, maybe this is ok). The Rix Assault ship makes Attack carriers unavailable. PW lancer is very effective vs asteroids (1 rack reg rock, 2 he rocks, 5k range). Attack carrier/Assault ships/Cruisers can deploy SC towers/Caltrops for 1k each. There' probably more, didnt build all factions, and need more pilots for testing.
Thanks - these are probably ok:

*Something like a dest will be weak vs an sf, yes. In gameplay though I'm thinking SFs will have a hard time getting into position vs a fast forward-moving frig/dev/cruiser and will end up getting eyed at which point they are toast to skycap. Also we are a lot more likely to see multiple caps at these prices.
*Assault Ship is a successor to Attack carrier and can perform all the same functions. Price is close enough that it shouldn't be an issue (they used to be same price initially but that got too spammy)
*Caltrop/tower low cost deployment is by design. Cruiser thing is specific to Rix only - other cruisers can't.

What probably are issues:

*Killer swarm 2 may be a problem. It's more like 3 shots looks like, but that's probably high too.
*Lancer may need to be nerfed vs rocks. We'll probably see a lot of rocks disappear when lancer is in play :)

Good news is I just talked to TE and looks like we'll be able to iterate quickly and update AU right away even before ACSS. My main concern is whether it will be worthwhile to to fully turret these caps. They obviously won't work at all at camps so they will require res, effective cloak use (almost everything has HC now) and deprobing. What I don't want to see is spam fleets of 5 unturreted cruisers all the time.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Also please enable SY in small games (but not tiny ones) - a 5v5 should be fine with this setup.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

command them yourself
Raven_42

Post by Raven_42 »

Can you dock at an assault ship?

Code: Select all

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4351/babelfish.png[/img]
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Raven_42 wrote:QUOTE (Raven_42 @ Sep 18 2012, 07:02 PM) Can you dock at an assault ship?
No, but my take was you can't really dock at an attack carrier either because of the shield bug (of course you could argue the pilot can take it off...)

Now that I think about it it may be better to have them available separately. Will do it next release, which should be out right away once we have enough input to tweak the SY balance.

NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

you could just remove large shields from attack carriers and give them more hull hp
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

NightRychune wrote:QUOTE (NightRychune @ Sep 18 2012, 08:39 PM) you could just remove large shields from attack carriers and give them more hull hp
Yeah probably way to go till (if ever) we fix the shield bug. (it's really porting over the code used in docking at bases with shields on)

dusanc

Post by dusanc »

I like it more that you have to unmount shields for docking, more realistically to me and gives some penalty :)
- "History repeats itself for a reason" - "It's easy to cry for war when you've never experienced it" - "It's better to negotiate for 10 years then make war for 10 days" - "The strong do as they will, and the weak do as they must"
qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

we dont want this game to be 'realistic'
Raven_42

Post by Raven_42 »

IC has been hit HARD by this update, you can buy your 20k sy (SY rush viability used to be IC Perk) and get NO ships (even with a techbase). Sorry for wrong topic, but I noticed this same time, if IC miners fill to the brim, they don't show rip indicator as they rip home to offload (I think it maybe only if you are watching them as they fill, possibly if you switch to the sector as they have started ripping the indicator appears). Thirdly, the XRM HKs are similarly OP vs asteroids to the PW lancer.

Code: Select all

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4351/babelfish.png[/img]