CC16 Preview

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Raven_42

Post by Raven_42 »

Spunky, I just built Rix heavy scouts in cc15_NE, and guess what, I wasn't wrong. 1 prox/probe per slot.

Code: Select all

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4351/babelfish.png[/img]
Malicious Wraith

Post by Malicious Wraith »

Why is sup going to be poorer than exp against SY? Sup has always been the classic counter to SY, as Exp specializes in dominating smaller ships.
Last edited by Malicious Wraith on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unknown wrote:[Just want] to play some games before Alleg dies for good.
I don't want that time to be a @#(!-storm of hate and schadenfreude.
IG: Liquid_Mamba / Fedman
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Raven_42 wrote:QUOTE (Raven_42 @ Aug 15 2012, 06:04 AM) Spunky, I just built Rix heavy scouts in cc15_NE, and guess what, I wasn't wrong. 1 prox/probe per slot.
Thank you, don't know wtf, I'll have to check.

Re: sup - the balance of power would be something like this:
sup>heavy ints>tac>ints but the differences will be (hopefully) minimal. If you have a designated "counter tech" then you are either discouraging SY vs sup scenarios or making SY op again against other techs. We don't want that, we want to see SY in as many settings as possible.

Botz, I know, I wish we could, but the current environment is not ideal in terms of either development or releasing quickly. The Rix SF thing is part of the whole Rix revamp, I'm not going to get back into that whole discussion again.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

lexaal

Post by lexaal »

Botzman wrote:QUOTE (Botzman @ Aug 15 2012, 09:23 AM) Quick fix in CC15a(b,c,d, ...) in one day.
If you do that spunk: :iluv: :iluv: :iluv: :iluv: :iluv: :iluv:
I have a johnson photo in my profile since 2010.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Raven_42 wrote:QUOTE (Raven_42 @ Aug 15 2012, 06:04 AM) Spunky, I just built Rix heavy scouts in cc15_NE, and guess what, I wasn't wrong. 1 prox/probe per slot.
Mystery resolved, both Rix and OH heavy scouts are $#@!ed. Both will be fixed. Thanks again.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

OK here's the beta version ready to go. I'm really, really hoping to release this by Monday but I need some feedback:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21458077/cc_16.igc

It's on Slayer and there is a testmap you can use for single player/single team testing. All research is fast, it's intentional for the beta.

Changes:
*You don't need to worry about it for testing but New Econ has changed with input provided by P32 and Nightflame, it's now much much closer to original econ.
*Reduced lifepod endurance to 3 minutes for testing purpose, we'll probably remove it unless there is enough requests to keep it in. 3 minutes is about the time you need to commit off-plane suicide.
*Rix and OH heavy scout dispenser capacity fixed.
*Nan 1 loadout positioning bug fixed.
*No changes will be made to OH model sizes.

Please use the testmap to test out SY development structure, note any errors etc. If you can get a few player together (even 2 players) try various tech levels damage on shielded and non-shielded caps and see if it feels right for "cheap" caps.
Last edited by Spunkmeyer on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

Spunkmeyer wrote:QUOTE (Spunkmeyer @ Aug 22 2012, 02:42 AM) OK here's the beta version ready to go. I'm really, really hoping to release this by Monday but I need some feedback:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21458077/cc_16NE.igc

It's on Slayer and there is a testmap you can use for single player/single team testing. All research is fast, it's intentional for the beta.

Changes:
*You don't need to worry about it for testing but New Econ has changed with input provided by P32 and Nightflame, it's now much much closer to original econ.
*Reduced lifepod endurance to 3 minutes for testing purpose, we'll probably remove it unless there is enough requests to keep it in. 3 minutes is about the time you need to commit off-plane suicide.
*Rix and OH heavy scout dispenser capacity fixed.
*Nan 1 loadout positioning bug fixed.
*No changes will be made to OH model sizes.

Please use the testmap to test out SY development structure, note any errors etc. If you can get a few player together (even 2 players) try various tech levels damage on shielded and non-shielded caps and see if it feels right for "cheap" caps.
Dreg still has a small yield nerf (1.2 instead of 1.25) which I dont think is required.
Giga still has a mining speed increase that comes out of nowhere
Tf has a mining speed nerf that has nothing to do with the economy change (even though I can understand that 20s on a rock is stupid and do agree that some sort of change may be required to give a chance to kill those miners)

AAAAND

All factions have a research time of 12s
:ninja:
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

its time to bios
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

You're shipyard changes disgust me. The one thing Noir got right was the changes to shipyard. It needs to be far more fluid and feel like you are progressing, Yes it will take a bit longer but ultimatly if your enemy lets you mine like a mad man it's their fault. The old "skool" Shipyard was clumsy and made Shipyard less viable.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Debugged & tweaked some more:

*Removed the Giga mining speed boost.
*Increased Dreg He3 payday from 750 -> 900.
*Since the new econ is a lot closer to the old econ now, will probably release just one version.
*Increased cruiser & ASS purchase price to 3K. (Making them only 2K will result in spam regardless of strength.)

Thanks boe for help with testing.