CC16 Preview

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

UPDATED 8/25!

Latest core is here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21458077/cc_16.igc

FREE LEAD INDICATORS FOR ALL!

Ok, maybe not... here's what's coming up - hopefully up by Monday. It's pretty much done, but there are some skullfu...I mean, numbingly tedious tasks to finish.

Fixes:
*Rix and OH heavy scout dispenser capacity fixed.
*Nan 1 loadout positioning fixed.
*GT Research fix.
*BIOS TT fourth slot emp mount fix.
*Omicron int & fig models will be slightly bigger. - Upon further study I couldn't verify any problems here are more significant than with other factions.
*New Econ fixes: TF mining efficiency increase 0.7 -> 0.75, TF mining speed increase 1.1 -> 1.25, Dreg mining speed increase 0.5 -> 0.75
*New Econ now much, much closer to old econ based on feedback. Particularly TF is back to old style mining and there are no sub-1 yields.
*Dreg He3 mines are now 900/min (was 750)
*Aleph res float fix.
*Seismic will now float.
*Treasure chance cleanup so Aleph Res, Seismic, Gats, Mg, Sniper will be rare, everything else equal chances.
*Harbinger of Doom reserch fix. Cost of the ship is also reduced from 20K to 10K so total cost goes down from (if I added up correctly) 126K to 116K (WHADDA STEAL GET YOURS TODAY!).

Big news is Shipyard:

*We are reverting to classic Alleg research style, Shipyard upgrades to Drydock and all ships are researched individually
*There are only 6 ships divided between SY and Drydock as follows:
Frigate -> Cruiser (overrides, so all cruisers have cloak to avoid reduction in capability)
Attack Carrier -> Assault Ship (overrides, so similarly Assault Ship gets hunters)
Destroyer -> Devastator (prereq->successor but doesn't override, of course)
*TF has a Ship of the Line and Flagship.
*Rix Destroyer can now buy and mount Skyripper.
*Ships are much weaker, but not too weak. The idea is a 4 player ship vs 4 enhanced or advanced level ships (based on tech level) is a fair battle. Sup will not have a significant advantage, exp will do well. However there is no way to work around the fact that ints will be a bit underpowered and heavies OP - this is because of the dual gun->triple gun issue.
*Sup anti-cap gun is now Dis 3, not galv. Galv is anti-base only and does minimal damage against caps.
*Killer base damage has been increased to 180 and 225 respectively, and they now have a special damage class allowing extra damage to caps. Otherwise caps were still too good vs tac.
*Exp works well, but everyone MUST launch with an Emp gun and switch to MG in cargo once the shield is gone unless you prox the shields away. If people are too stupid to do that, caps are strong vs exp. So yeah, v00b & n00b exp teams will suffer. Sorry, no way to tweak it to be v00b-proof without killing emp or overpowering exp vs caps.
*Caps are nowhere near as vulnerable to res. A good shot should still hurt them but not destroy.
*Research is 7500 and 10000 respectively, but ships are very cheap: Dests 1K, Devs 1.5K2K, AS and Cruiser 3Keverything else 2K. IC gets 20% bonus and OH Dev and Cruiser are 4K because you don't need to research any prereqs (this is because prereq ships don't exist - we can change the 'penalty', it's just an arbitrary implementation at this point.)
*Quite a few SY stuff have been tweaked to make the above setup work. Killer Swarms, now that they work properly with the old 5-at-a-time setup, have been reverted. Skyripper also has been tweaked and uses a lot more energy so it's not going to be a viable large-base killer. Lancer has been nerfed a bit to be closer in effectiveness to the nerfed Hunters.

There is no way in hell we got the balance just right, but give it a shot.. the idea is it SHOULD work just fine even in a 5vs5, which is why we agreed to attach special mines to the SY flag in the first place (the idea was not to make them disappear from games.) and then scale up properly to large games. If it doesn't work, we'll tweak more in the appropriate direction.

Link will be posted soon hopefully so you can help testing :)
Last edited by Spunkmeyer on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

lexaal

Post by lexaal »

I stopped readingt this forum since hunter decided: this is the place to compensate for not playing.

So i have a few questions:
-Except for quick tech, omicron was not very strong so why the size change, especially for sup?
-why the galv change?
I have a johnson photo in my profile since 2010.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

lexaal wrote:QUOTE (lexaal @ Aug 14 2012, 07:32 AM) omicron was not very strong so why the size change, especially for sup?
probably because omnicron gets played too much and anything that is popular should be nerfed
There's a new sheriff in town.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

The only reason sizes on any ship models get changed is when there is sufficient feedback that a given ship is either too easy or too hard to hit.

Galv change brings Dis 3 into gameplay and makes sup spend more money to fight caps instead of just relying on a tech which is purchased by default anyway, which is in turn a way of not having sup to be the to-go tech vs SY to keep tactics variable.
Last edited by Spunkmeyer on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Raven_42

Post by Raven_42 »

Like all the fixes apart from one: HAX! MG2 is low chance drop - and yet seek2, qf2, dumb2, boost2, hunt2, mp1 will all remain normal chance? More generally, you are nerfing people who can aim, over people who can right click. Ints are still good, but the whole host of nerfs are being aimed at them through successive versions of CC - we had fuel nerf, you talk about kb nerf, now this drop nerf (dunno how much % has changed, but probably this is significant nerf). Not only that, you are making the counter to ints (that don't sac cargo for an emp) more viable, in SY. I think you need some balance in your balance. Maybe buff exp some other way (maybe make a free mini-sig ga for building/upgrading the Exp in first place, benefit the whole team rather than just ints).

SY looks interesting, but I think you have correctly predicted that you have a very tough job on your hands to get it just right.

Also a question: Are Rix hvy scouts intended to still have 1 capacity probe/prox per slot? Cos they are SRS?

Code: Select all

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4351/babelfish.png[/img]
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Relax, there is no exp nerf. MG2 has been low-chance for a long time, just making things consistent by applying it to guns across techs. The nerf is actually to tac, as Sniper is going to be more rare.

As to why it's that way, it's because exp doesn't have anything else to buy besides mg. The real issue with sup vs exp cost balance is the sup discounts. Those we may remove in the future, but needs more discussion.

Pretty sure Rix heavy scout capacity has already been fixed.

qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

You shouldnt nerf oh sup
definetly not the fig sizes... they're so easy hit and huge as it is.
Raven_42

Post by Raven_42 »

Nah, rix hvy scouts currently hold 1 prox/probe in CC15

Code: Select all

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4351/babelfish.png[/img]
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Raven_42 wrote:QUOTE (Raven_42 @ Aug 14 2012, 04:29 PM) Nah, rix hvy scouts currently hold 1 prox/probe in CC15
No...There IS a $#@!ed heavy scout, but it's not Rix, it's OH. Will fix that.

Botzman

Post by Botzman »

Next time we see 12s research time for GT LET'S NOT WAIT FOR CC16 and provide a quick fix in CC15a(b,c,d, ...) in one day. Also I can not find the change that rixian sfs (and adv sfs) can no longer rip to scouts (adv scouts, hvy scouts). I've checked CC15, CC14 and CC13 previews. Also I don't remember to vote for this kind of change.