Marketing

"Can someone create a ________ for me?"
kramari

Post by kramari »

Do we have some funny or interesting screenshots? Videos with someone messing around on Mumble or TS? This would do well on reddit. Not just a post describing Alleg. People need to be interested in the picture to ask what game that is.

Seen it work a number of times on reddit. Kerbal Space Program was a big hit when people saw Kerbals stranded on the moon. And now lots of people are playing.
Last edited by kramari on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dome

Post by Dome »

Last edited by Dome on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceJunk

Post by SpaceJunk »

kramari wrote:QUOTE (kramari @ Sep 13 2012, 11:41 AM) This would do well on reddit.
Also, this needs more subscribers/submissions: http://www.reddit.com/r/freeallegiance/
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

*moved to rants by self*
Last edited by Mastametz on Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
JimmyNighthawk

Post by JimmyNighthawk »

raumvogel wrote:QUOTE (raumvogel @ Sep 9 2012, 06:43 AM) PAD file
Beschenkt die Starken!
Schröpft die Schwachen,
und die Armen schlagt ans Kreuz!

Wir hängen nicht am Leben,
doch an einem Traum!
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Sep 27 2012, 03:47 AM) Jimmy FontsAlot
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

I'm going to be real busy until October, but I've found some sites with automated PAD file submission software. If someone wants to help me test some of these, we may find one that's free AND works to submit to all of the sites correctly.

Search engine link to multiple sites
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

I think there's another marketing post elsewere, but I may as well revive this one. I finally looked in to marketing on Reddit and it's better (cheaper) than I thought. Have a look:

How much does it cost?

Self-serve ads are on a CPM platform. This means that you are charged a flat fee for every 1,000 impressions you want to receive. Our CPM rate is $0.75, so 75 cents per 1,000 times your ad gets "delivered" (displayed to a redditor). The front page, along with each subreddit has a different amount of impressions it's able to deliver. This is known as "inventory". The larger subreddits have more inventory than the smaller subreddits, because they have more traffic and more importantly, more pageviews. If you want to advertise during a period of time when all the inventory has been sold, you'll need to choose a different time period, lower your budget, or choose a different subreddit.

The minimum spend per campaign is $5, and the maximum per campaign is $9,999.

I bet we'd get at least 30 permanent players for every .75 invested.
Last edited by raumvogel on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aem

Post by aem »

raumvogel wrote:QUOTE (raumvogel @ Mar 31 2014, 03:43 PM) I bet we'd get at least 30 permanent players for every .75 invested.
We'd be lucky to get 30 clicks on the ad for every .75 invested and lucky to get 1 download for .75. Super low chance of getting even 1 permanent player out of .75. If I were to guess a cost of getting a "permanent player" from paid advertising I'd expect it to take an average of $50-200 per player where permanent would be someone who would stick around for at least a year. Honestly probably would average $7 - 10 to get a someone to download. Probably $20-30 for someone who would at least play more than a couple games.

These costs would go down considerably if we had a good website but still would be high.
Last edited by aem on Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Maybe I don't understand what CPM stands for?