Marketing

"Can someone create a ________ for me?"
kramari

Post by kramari »

aem

Post by aem »

I do not think it would be a good idea to switch domains. As I said, it is difficult to rank well with new domains. New domains are penalized by Google. It takes awhile before the penalty goes away.

Of course if we can't get anything changed here, we would be better off creating a new website at a new domain than sticking with what we have now.

allegiance.xxx is available!
Imago

Post by Imago »

Imago wrote:QUOTE (Imago @ Aug 16 2012, 03:28 AM) i'm allegdev, owner of that sf project. i'll change it as soon as i get my password reset
done

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.
Imago

Post by Imago »

kramari wrote:QUOTE (kramari @ Aug 17 2012, 06:12 PM) Hey, look at this:
http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight/
does not seem they are accepting submissions yet. keep an eye out for the submission form (end of August)

Code: Select all

What do I need in order to submit my game?

You'll need a valid and non-limited Steam account (yes, that means you'll need to own a game on Steam). Then, you'll need to fill out the submission form, including some information about you and your game. The submission will require:

A square branding image (similar to a box cover) to represent your game in lists and search
    At least 1 video showing off your game or presenting your concept
    At least 4 screenshots or images
    A written description of the game along with tentative system requirements
Last edited by Imago on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.
pkk

Post by pkk »

kramari wrote:QUOTE (kramari @ Aug 18 2012, 01:12 AM) Hey, look at this:
http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight/
QUOTE (Steam Greenlight)I know of a game that should be here. What do I do?

Go contact the game developer and suggest that they submit their game here for consideration.[/quote]

Microsoft holds all copyrights, we own nothing. MS has to do that request, we can't.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

Ask ms to do request?
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

QUOTE What happens if my game never gets accepted?

Your game will remain on Greenlight unless you decide to take it down.[/quote]

That little bit right there makes it a free ad channel if nothing else. That's worth it!
ImageImage
Adept

Post by Adept »

Any news on the ASGS replacement going live? This is the 11th hour. If we get it running and people have an easier way to get on Alleg, we may start to turn the numbers around. If not, the only option is a relaunch, sinc our playerbase is collapsing right now.
Last edited by Adept on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

I know it's real close. You are correct, we need it released ASAP.
Last edited by raumvogel on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

OK...I need to ask this. I was told to hold off on the PAD file and submitting to software sites until ACSS is released.
That was like 8 months ago. Can I have the friggin' PAD file? If it's going to take forever, we may as well just promo ASGS.