Rixian heavy scout.

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Botzman

Post by Botzman »

Rixian has no missles so thier heavy scouts are not as good as other factions scouts. So we need to:
1. Get them 3 front gattling guns (like for TechnoFlux)
2. Front mini - AC
3. Full AC turret
4. Other

Make poll out of it. I want to see what people think about it.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

TF doesn't have small-rip capability and also dual guns on their basic scouts. You are proposing:

Rix adv scout: single gun -> Rix heavy scout: triple gun (or equivalent)
TF adv scout: dual gun -> TF heavy scout: triple gun.

Doesn't follow. Do not ignore the small-rip ability.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Botzman

Post by Botzman »

Spunkmeyer wrote:QUOTE (Spunkmeyer @ Jul 7 2012, 06:25 PM) TF doesn't have small-rip capability and also dual guns on their basic scouts. You are proposing:

I remember I had a choice between small rip for 0.5k or front mini-ac. Now I don't have it.
JimmyNighthawk

Post by JimmyNighthawk »

Mini-AC should not have a range like they did have once ... anything above 1k would bring back the redicolous times; and raise the spread in accuracy for it - when you going to give back mini-AC on the one faction.

ps: Why does not all faction get a mini-AC on their Hvy Scout? . . . :ninja: . . .
Beschenkt die Starken!
Schröpft die Schwachen,
und die Armen schlagt ans Kreuz!

Wir hängen nicht am Leben,
doch an einem Traum!
pkk

Post by pkk »

Botzman wrote:QUOTE (Botzman @ Jul 8 2012, 12:16 PM) I remember I had a choice between small rip for 0.5k or front mini-ac. Now I don't have it.
Seems like you haven't played CC since August 2011:
http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...st&p=599409
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 8 2012, 05:24 AM) Seems like you haven't played CC since August 2011:
http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...st&p=599409
He is saying he wants it back that way.

Having two separate scouts actually killed the efficiency of the small rip when half the scouts out there would not have it. It was done to align Rix more towards its special small-rip ability. It also avoids the somewhat undesirable issue of having to target a scout to see wtf it is.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

JimmyNighthawk

Post by JimmyNighthawk »

The seperation behind SR and mini-AC was a good choice to do. As usual for newbies unhandable, but hey, this is a game ... and a game is described by its decisions. As less decisions as less the game has value.

My 2 Cents.
Beschenkt die Starken!
Schröpft die Schwachen,
und die Armen schlagt ans Kreuz!

Wir hängen nicht am Leben,
doch an einem Traum!
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Spunkmeyer wrote:QUOTE (Spunkmeyer @ Jul 7 2012, 08:25 PM) TF doesn't have small-rip capability and also dual guns on their basic scouts. You are proposing:

You forgot that tf also have lt boosters on scouts. While all that rix scouts have is the sr, wich is kinda unusuable, since its regular scouts with sr, against scouts loaded with either missiles and proxes, or dual gatts, gens and lt boosters.

Also tf adv/hvy scouts can mount dual nans (unless this was changed altogether). What adv/hvy rix scouts can do? Nothing other than rip small figs.

But honestly the choice made IMO wasnt a good one.

The way it is, rix lost its most important factor: a strong start.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
vogue

Post by vogue »

i agree bring back the front mini ac
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ May 5 2013, 08:35 PM) Vogue is clearly #1 and commanding against him feels like commanding against Spideycw at times... though he lacks that little bit of "I don't care who's on my team or what the factions are, it's going to be a stomp anyways" that Spidey managed to pull off in his heyday.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Nobody in their right mind will buy rix hvy scouts in the current core version
Get rid of hvy scouts entirely or stop nerfing them into pointlessness
there's no need for pointless tech in the trees
There's a new sheriff in town.