CC15 Preview

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ May 27 2012, 10:50 AM) "A visualization of the data along the timeline would be much more helpful." (feat. by Microsoft Translation Software)"
This. Don't really have time for it though, it also loses its value when there is more than one core in the mix (so going back further than CC12 is probably not very valuable)

I'd really like to see a comparison with MS 1.25 - THAT I'm planning to do, if the game survives past summer. It will be automatic core comparisons that spit out the result nicely formatted to begin with - the idea is to find bogus changes in the core (because the origin of this is DN and nobody knows what's in there) but we may be able to use it as the basis to build core development tools with some data behind them.
Last edited by Spunkmeyer on Sun May 27, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Adept

Post by Adept »

RoyBrown wrote:QUOTE (RoyBrown @ May 27 2012, 05:57 PM) It's a good changeset, except I'm not a fan of the removal of cruise boost, it is better than light boost noticiably. If it wasn't worth the money then I'd simply perk cruise a little more.
I disagree Roy. If this is needed we should just beef up light booster. The two techs are really similar anyway.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

I should probably add depending on whether the sup boosts prove to be a significant improvement (breaching resonator + working XRMs) we may remove some of the sup discounts in CC16.
Last edited by Spunkmeyer on Sun May 27, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Phalanxe

Post by Phalanxe »

make ic ops tt'able please
QUOTE 08/15/14 20:08:53: BabelFish (all): there are too many blacks on[/quote]
100%
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

A stupid bug I know, but Giga SRM Seismic in shipyard is only useable by Destroyers and not heavy bombers. It means that if you dont reaseach it in garrison, you cant use it with heavy bombers. Maybe fix this in case their is another fool game that actually uses them?

I actually say make them each cost $2000 to research and a payday $600 for each missile. Takes two to destroy a rock. Maybe it will get used.
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

SY seismic and SB seismic are two different missiles
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

night, you have intimate knowledge of cores..do they need to be? I dont know enough about why so call me out for that.
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

they don't need to be no

the SY seismic is a more powerful version of the starbase seismic, but both are not used very often if at all.

their limited tactical value - "when would I want to destroy asteroids to negatively impact the enemy team" - is more desirable in an early-game setting (okay my enemy is going to want to mine their sectors, probably in x order - if we go blow up some of the helium rocks that will hurt them greatly) than it is in a late-game setting (well all of my enemy's he3 rocks are almost empty and they've consumed the desirable tech rocks, i guess we can just blow up the rocks around our bases to make it harder to sneak @#(! around)
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

Should make it floating tech just for the lulz.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Spunkmeyer wrote:QUOTE (Spunkmeyer @ May 20 2012, 04:38 PM) -Dreg interceptor, scout and sf sizes have been reduced, TF sf size has been increased.

-Galv no longer works on asteroids (get seismics)
Arent dreg ships small enuf?!

And why mess with galvs? I cant see how galving a tech rock, can be so overpowering as using proper missiles for it. Other than wasting money for it.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.