CC15 Preview

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

The following is not quite final and bugs may exist. It's currently under final review. However it's pretty close.

-Rix light int->int progression bug is fixed.

-XRM AB & XRP damage has been improved from 78 -> 92 and 97.5 -> 115 respectively for mkI and II. Reload time has been reduced from 6 and 5 seconds to 4 seconds for both.

-Regular carriers are replaced by Basic Carriers if SY flag is off. Basic carrier has half the energy regeneration rate of standard carrier (that means Giga gets the same carrier as everyone else if SY is off.

-Spec mines (including Dreg) are not available if SY flag is off.

-Heavy scouts have been restored to double payload.

-Dreg interceptor, scout and sf sizes have been reduced, TF sf size has been increased.

-Aleph Res 1 & 3 have been removed. Current Aleph Res has 2K range and gives you a Decoy Res for free with the same specs, however no damage. You can also store 2 per cargo slot. In essence it works the same as previous setup but a) the "hidden information" of res range is not as damaging to the enemy b) you don't need to spend as much money.

-Supremacy gets a Breaching Resonator which has an Aleph Res prerequisite for 10K research and 4K per. This is a one-sided aleph res with otherwise same specs and double the mass. We are aware this could be OP but want to get feedback on it.

-There is now a Nan 3 that repairs 140/sec. It works like counters - you need starbase + an adv sup or exp to research it and the adv sup or exp to keep it. Nan 2 has been reduced from 120/sec to 112/sec to slot in better between Nan 1 and Nan 3. Tac doesn't get this primarily because they normally don't need them and we didn't want to give Belters stealth Nan 3 with just a tac.

-Pulse laser damage has been increased 10% (over gat3, still mini class)

-Pulse Probe 1 range has been increased from 3000 to 4000 as at 3000 it was completely worthless vs stealths.

-TF Sup now has the usual Sup discounts applied.

-Cruise booster has been removed. LB2 gives very similar results, and cruise booster stats were too close to Booster 2 otherwise.

-Rix SFs no longer have a signature penalty.

-TF TTs now have energy so they can use their emp cannons.

-Minidis has been removed from GT heavy int default loadout.

-Several parts had their masses adjusted
Prox Mines & Plasma gens: 3->2
Mine Packs & Heavy plasma gens: 2->1
Sanctuary: 10->5 (equal to RP & beacon)
Combat Drone: 3->2 (equal to Hunter missile)
Heavy Drone: 4->3 (equal to Killer missile)
Station Drone: 5->3 (equal to AB)
Heavy Station Drone: 10->4 (equal to Tac Nuke)
Seismic Drone: 5->3 (equal to SRM Seismic)
Nanite: 2->1 (equal to all other scout guns)
Aleph res: 60->30

-Galv no longer works on asteroids (get seismics)

-Finally there will be two versions of the core. One will have the old econ we are used to. The other will have the new econ, which equalizes miner capacities and introduces more efficiency and mining speed differences to work around the design flaw in the game where increased capacity did not result in better econ without screwing around with settings. We are doing this to get feedback and will consolidate for CC16.

The new econ settings are as follows (Capacity, efficiency and mining speed)

Giga: 1.25, 1 & 1.1
BIOS/Rix: 1, 1 & 1
Belters/Dreg: 1, 1.1 & 0.5
GT: 1, 1 & 0.8
Omicron: 1, 0.95 & 0.7
IC: 1, 0.85 & 0.65
TF: 1, 0.7 & 1.1

(Giga has been exempt from capacity equalization to allow micro-managing which is worthwhile in this case as normally the hold is 40% empty after mining a rock)
Last edited by Spunkmeyer on Mon May 21, 2012 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

lexaal

Post by lexaal »

Bug: rix int and light int exist in parallel. (cc14)
I have a johnson photo in my profile since 2010.
djrbk

Post by djrbk »

Decoy Res!!!!

:D
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

lexaal wrote:QUOTE (lexaal @ May 20 2012, 05:28 PM) Bug: rix int and light int exist in parallel. (cc14)
Thanks, updated the list.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Alien51

Post by Alien51 »

I approve.

Post by Spunkmeyer »

If you'd like to help test, the core is now on Slayer

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21458077/cc_15rcNE.igc

Raven_42

Post by Raven_42 »

Nice looking list of changes, my only concern is how much tech has been changed, this coupled with a radically different econ might make it hard to discern what has had the biggest effect.

Edit: Also, is the old economy version up to dl and test?
Last edited by Raven_42 on Fri May 25, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4351/babelfish.png[/img]
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

BillyBishop

Post by BillyBishop »

It's a good changeset, except I'm not a fan of the removal of cruise boost, it is better than light boost noticiably. If it wasn't worth the money then I'd simply perk cruise a little more.
JimmyNighthawk

Post by JimmyNighthawk »

"A visualization of the data would be much more helpful." (feat. by Microsoft Translation Software)

/edit#1:
"A visualization of the data along a timeline
would be much more helpful." (feat. by Microsoft Translation Software)
/edit#2:
"A visualization of the data along the timeline would be much more helpful." (feat. by Microsoft Translation Software)
/edit#3

The origin: "Eine Visualisierung der Daten entlang der Zeitachse wäre wesentlich hilfreicher."
Last edited by JimmyNighthawk on Sun May 27, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beschenkt die Starken!
Schröpft die Schwachen,
und die Armen schlagt ans Kreuz!

Wir hängen nicht am Leben,
doch an einem Traum!