The Stupid Questions Topic™

Open forum for new Pilots.
Alien51

Post by Alien51 »

Thanks Fwiffo.

Man I wish they'd at least fix the teleportation desinations; that could actually be useful.

Post by Archangelus »

Just to add. No you can't build on the rocks (tps & cia), even if you know the rock ID.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
BillyBishop

Post by BillyBishop »

Archangelus wrote:QUOTE (Archangelus @ Mar 24 2012, 07:15 AM) Just to add. No you can't build on the rocks (tps & cia), even if you know the rock ID.
Incorrect (sorta).

Choose a con (either using f6 and 'take me to', manually on screen, or by cycling the chat window .tele (for instance).Open chat window (press enter)ctrl B (build order)type 'a' (without the quote)type the first number of the rock you want (hopefully that gives you the correct rock, no guarentee- you can type the next number for the rock if it's targeting the wrong rock, it then updates the build order (up to 4 numbers can be entered), it seems to only allow building in the sector you're in unless you've pre-typed the order, there's a way around this but it's been awhile so I'll check into itPress enterCon moves to target rock and builds if possible

You've just built a con.
Last edited by BillyBishop on Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BillyBishop

Post by BillyBishop »

Ok this is interesting, and a bug, I never noticed this before but I typed the build order to an unknown sector, and the sector popped up on the mini-map. :D

White Owl

Post by White Owl »

What objects can I suicide my pod into? Through trial and error I've already figured out that enemy ships, miners, and of course prox will work, but rocks and stations won't for some reason.
Nightflame

Post by Nightflame »

Any enemy weapon, ship, or other except stations and probes. Towers, plasgens, and other non-ships that shoot you count as probes, but prox does not.

EDIT: With ff on, friendly weapons and ships can kill you too, but not friendly prox. Note that since most friendly ships will pick you up anyway, you're not likely to get killed by one :P . Also, constructors can be pretty easy to suicide on.
Last edited by Nightflame on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Feb 27 2012, 01:40 AM) The big brass balls award goes to Nightflame for mutinying spidey (and succeeding).
BillyBishop

Post by BillyBishop »

Nightflame wrote:QUOTE (Nightflame @ Mar 28 2012, 03:11 AM) Note that since most friendly ships will pick you up anyway, you're not likely to get killed by one :P .

Mostly true, but it is pretty standard to fire short bursts from guns to alert a pilot that you're picking him up, occasionally a missile as well, and well, I can think of many times people forgetting friendly fire was on. :lol:
Nightflame

Post by Nightflame »

I've been known to use quickfire pickup. :lol: It's useful for grabbing pods when seconds matter.
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Feb 27 2012, 01:40 AM) The big brass balls award goes to Nightflame for mutinying spidey (and succeeding).
White Owl

Post by White Owl »

During the anniversary game, I saw a command that was totally new to me. It was something like "Meet me at the jump point."

I didn't accept the order because I didn't know what it meant. So I'll ask here... what da hell was that about?
Nightflame

Post by Nightflame »

It's an order to go to an aelph. Specifically, the aelph to the target of the ordering player in the sector he's in.

It's used when you're supposed to form up on the aelph before going in mostly. Galv runs, PT bbr on small base runs, miner rushes, stuff like that.