The Stupid Questions Topic™

Open forum for new Pilots.
BillyBishop

Post by BillyBishop »

Many many voice chats come with orders built in.

Learning voice chats are important as they are the best means of communication, better than verbal usually.

I recommend learning voice chats in stages, every week try to use a particular voice chat as much as possible (and applicable).

In addition it's strongly recommended that you TARGET voice chats, to a pilot, or a secotr, as opposed to using team chat. In large games of 25+ players (currently a rarity I admit), it's insane to listen to someone on team chat say ~np (need a pickup) and ~cs (cmere you dumass I'll pick you up heh).

Random thought, we need someone to probably update vc use on the wiki...
corelsx

Post by corelsx »

Hi all
Another... stupid question:This is the scenario:
I target and nan the bbr (without turrets), the enemy defenders coming and I press the E key so I target an enemy, if i fire a missile against the enemy but i still shoot the nanning ...circles on the bbr , do that nanning affecting the bbr or I have to target it also to be effective the nan?
In a relative scenario, if i target and shoot an enemy carrier, then (E key) target an enemy nanning scout who comes to nan the carrier and fire the df to him, but i still land the bullets on the carrier, do I damage the carrier (and the same time hopefully the DF hits the nanite)? or I have to target the carrier all the time I shoot it with the gat?
dusanc

Post by dusanc »

corelsx wrote:QUOTE (corelsx @ Apr 4 2012, 01:47 PM) Hi all
Another... stupid question:This is the scenario:
I target and nan the bbr (without turrets), the enemy defenders coming and I press the E key so I target an enemy, if i fire a missile against the enemy but i still shoot the nanning ...circles on the bbr , do that nanning affecting the bbr or I have to target it also to be effective the nan?
In a relative scenario, if i target and shoot an enemy carrier, then (E key) target an enemy nanning scout who comes to nan the carrier and fire the df to him, but i still land the bullets on the carrier, do I damage the carrier (and the same time hopefully the DF hits the nanite)? or I have to target the carrier all the time I shoot it with the gat?
It matters what you hit, not what you target so:

Q1: Ofc nan works without targeting

Q2: You'll probably miss that scout with DF
- "History repeats itself for a reason" - "It's easy to cry for war when you've never experienced it" - "It's better to negotiate for 10 years then make war for 10 days" - "The strong do as they will, and the weak do as they must"
notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

To clarify.

Guns, nans, missiles Rockets and Prox will damage whatever they hit regardless of what you have targeted.

The only weapon I can think of that doesn't is RixCombat Drones which only attack what you had targeted when you drop them.
Last edited by notjarvis on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vazix

Post by Vazix »

Why is there the stupid question topic, if "there are no stupid questions"?

If I get really close to an aleph and hold still, enemies going trough it would appear behind me I think, so if you turn around you get free 3-5 seconds of shooting before they even realizes what is going on. Enemies wouldn't go fast if they expect that aleph to be mined. Is this possible? If yes:
Why nobody does this type of camping? Instead I see 3 ints whose position is more or less predictable and one more thing, if you have someone going behind you trough aleph, if you turn around to shoot the camping int, you would be blocked by an ally that passed trough aleph and which is the new target for inside aleph camping int.
Sundance_

Post by Sundance_ »

Vazix wrote:QUOTE (Vazix @ Apr 14 2012, 01:57 AM) Why is there the stupid question topic, if "there are no stupid questions"?

If I get really close to an aleph and hold still, enemies going trough it would appear behind me I think, so if you turn around you get free 3-5 seconds of shooting before they even realizes what is going on. Enemies wouldn't go fast if they expect that aleph to be mined. Is this possible? If yes:
Why nobody does this type of camping? Instead I see 3 ints whose position is more or less predictable and one more thing, if you have someone going behind you trough aleph, if you turn around to shoot the camping int, you would be blocked by an ally that passed trough aleph and which is the new target for inside aleph camping int.
Take this field of fire example. You only are using half your range of fire if you set up on the aleph. If the train comes through at 100mps+, you're going to have problems keeping them in range without boosters, which make it hard to aim. Plus, you don't want scouts and ints/figs pointblank in your face right away, because it makes target aquisition harder. Prox will keep them in range longer, but you're still going to be playing catch-up from the start. And pretend for a moment there's no prox, and 6 fig-bees come screaming through the aleph... you're going to want that 300m headstart... they're going to be turning to orient themselves for their bombrun, losing momentum, right in the middle of your field of fire

Set up about 300m from the aleph, offset to some degree. Anything of value will be podded in seconds by the interceptors. And the nice thing is... they have to come towards you to get to your base goodies. They have to fly CLOSER to the mini3 ints chewing up their hull...
Last edited by Sundance_ on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psychosis wrote:QUOTE (Psychosis @ Jan 12 2012, 09:42 PM) someone has to do it, and your vagina seems to be closed for business.
FreeBeer wrote:QUOTE (FreeBeer @ Sep 8 2011, 06:12 PM) Blow up toys never say no.
TheAlaskan wrote:QUOTE (TheAlaskan @ Sep 20 2012, 02:19 PM) Sundance_ is my boy.
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

There's another reason to not sit riiiight up next to the aleph when camping. The best way to find out why is to try it: Fly real close - close enough to hawk a loogie and cause people windscreen problems on the other side - and see what happens to your controls and field of view.
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
Vazix

Post by Vazix »

TurkeyXIII wrote:QUOTE (TurkeyXIII @ May 3 2012, 09:14 AM) There's another reason to not sit riiiight up next to the aleph when camping. The best way to find out why is to try it: Fly real close - close enough to hawk a loogie and cause people windscreen problems on the other side - and see what happens to your controls and field of view.
I know it is harder to aim then, but since it's harder, it has to be more efficient too!(same with dumbfires over qqf's)
Sundance_

Post by Sundance_ »

Vazix wrote:QUOTE (Vazix @ May 4 2012, 12:03 AM) I know it is harder to aim then, but since it's harder, it has to be more efficient too!(same with dumbfires over qqf's)
No... it's not.
Your view is massively distorted. As is your aiming ability.

Dun do it.
Psychosis wrote:QUOTE (Psychosis @ Jan 12 2012, 09:42 PM) someone has to do it, and your vagina seems to be closed for business.
FreeBeer wrote:QUOTE (FreeBeer @ Sep 8 2011, 06:12 PM) Blow up toys never say no.
TheAlaskan wrote:QUOTE (TheAlaskan @ Sep 20 2012, 02:19 PM) Sundance_ is my boy.
Viajero

Post by Viajero »

Hi, just installed Allegiance, and am so excited to play again the game I had so much fun with so longa go!

Now, I am doing the training missions, and it seems the "Enemy Engagement" one is bugged. After I practice all the chat instructions and move to the Mars sector I manage to destroy a miner and make the rest run away, then a scout appears that I am ordered to destroy. After I do so the mission seems to get stuck and no further instructions follow. A friendly constructor just stops at 0 mps and thats it.

Any idea if this is just me or if there is anyhting I can do?