The Stupid Questions Topic™

Open forum for new Pilots.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Viajero wrote:QUOTE (Viajero @ Sep 7 2012, 02:12 PM) Hi, just installed Allegiance, and am so excited to play again the game I had so much fun with so longa go!

Now, I am doing the training missions, and it seems the "Enemy Engagement" one is bugged. After I practice all the chat instructions and move to the Mars sector I manage to destroy a miner and make the rest run away, then a scout appears that I am ordered to destroy. After I do so the mission seems to get stuck and no further instructions follow. A friendly constructor just stops at 0 mps and thats it.

Any idea if this is just me or if there is anyhting I can do?
I'm not sure if that's a bug or not. I'm not too familiar with that area. You may want to just jump into the game. The best time to play is evenings est. Sunday is the main day to play.
AllenFromMars

Post by AllenFromMars »

What is a "voob"? One of the guys on my team was named "voobman" and I called him "voob" to shorten it but I didn't realize that there was another meaning to the word. :(

Now I feel like a d$%k....
Last edited by AllenFromMars on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fake Squad of the Week: @LUV
Dome

Post by Dome »

MediocreMan wrote:QUOTE (MediocreMan @ Sep 14 2012, 02:37 AM) What is a "voob"? One of the guys on my team was named "voobman" and I called him "voob" to shorten it but I didn't realize that there was another meaning to the word. :(

Now I feel like a d$%k....
heh. I'm sure that has happened to voobman before. And we Allegiance players have thick skin so fear not.

'Voob' has different meanings based on context. It can be an insult or not. Generally voob refers to a player who has played alleg for a while (veteran) but still makes noob mistakes. Thus, voob. In reality all vets are voobs at certain times.
AllenFromMars

Post by AllenFromMars »

Ahh, thanks! I will watch my tongue from now on: I'd rather not make any enemies when I'm like a (-1) right now... :(
Fake Squad of the Week: @LUV
qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

The only people who you dont want as an enemy are the ones who command games, since they can actually boot you.
Feriol

Post by Feriol »

How do i get hi res textures to work, the installers load to \allegiance, tried moving to \allegiance 1.2 have put files in artwork\textures and production\artwork\textures but no joy. I have changed the options in game so not sure what i'm doing wrong?
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Feriol wrote:QUOTE (Feriol @ Jan 28 2013, 02:29 PM) How do i get hi res textures to work, the installers load to \allegiance, tried moving to \allegiance 1.2 have put files in artwork\textures and production\artwork\textures but no joy. I have changed the options in game so not sure what i'm doing wrong?
production\artwork\textures is the correct folder. You can also overwrite the ones in \production\artwork.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

Feriol wrote:QUOTE (Feriol @ Jan 28 2013, 08:29 PM) How do i get hi res textures to work, the installers load to \allegiance, tried moving to \allegiance 1.2 have put files in artwork\textures and production\artwork\textures but no joy. I have changed the options in game so not sure what i'm doing wrong?
You likely need to delete the Texture pack file in your artwork directory, like here.

Or go into allegiance and turn off the "use texture pack file"
Feriol

Post by Feriol »

notjarvis wrote:QUOTE (notjarvis @ Jan 29 2013, 12:02 AM) You likely need to delete the Texture pack file in your artwork directory, like here.

Or go into allegiance and turn off the "use texture pack file"
Ah, i thought the texture pack would need to be turned on. Thanks.
dusanc

Post by dusanc »

Can we sort this out so textures etc. aren`t so unintuitive to get to work?
- "History repeats itself for a reason" - "It's easy to cry for war when you've never experienced it" - "It's better to negotiate for 10 years then make war for 10 days" - "The strong do as they will, and the weak do as they must"