Squad Roster cleaning

SgtMajor

Post by SgtMajor »

I can understand a few inactive members staying on the lists , but don't you think it is time to cleanup a bit? It would look a little nicer as opposed to having so many inactives
The Last ACS Student
Doc Izzo wrote:QUOTE (Doc Izzo @ Sep 21 2012, 06:34 AM) k10, when people fear you like they fear me, you can get at me.
http://alleg.tripod.com
notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

This is a matter for the squads themselves.

RT has a cleanup every so often. Other squads - it's up to them.
Bard
Location: Within your command center, enacting fatal attacks upon your conscripts

Post by Bard »

What is it with people insisting that squad rosters not have inactives on them?

RT Members do this all the time and I always rail against it because it's SILLY.

Aside from that, do you honestly think that it would look better if it looked like this?

Pruned Squads Roster

Now keep in mind that those numbers are at their highest point of the year due to the squad tournaments going on and it's typically closer to HALF OF THAT.

At around the time NI formed, it looked a lot more like this, numbers-wise:

pre-tourney

At first glance, on my screen at least, this:

looks far more "full" and to the uneducated eye gives the impression that there are a lot more people than there actually are active.

Since psychologically speaking, first impressions and first glances are EXCEEDINGLY formative and important, a page that's "fuller" is a better thing for new players to see than one that's sparse.

That's of course assuming that they even SEE it after they sign in, see no games active, and go find a different free game to play.

In short: Not only should it be up to squads, pruning or not pruning is a matter of perceived image ONLY and in my opinion incredibly silly as a discussion. The only thing I despise more than discussions on pruning rosters are people putting an "Abstain" option in polls.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit.
Malicious Wraith

Post by Malicious Wraith »

Bard is pretty outspoken for someone without anything compelling to add.
Unknown wrote:[Just want] to play some games before Alleg dies for good.
I don't want that time to be a @#(!-storm of hate and schadenfreude.
IG: Liquid_Mamba / Fedman
SgtMajor

Post by SgtMajor »

Bard wrote:QUOTE (Bard @ Mar 12 2012, 12:14 PM) What is it with people insisting that squad rosters not have inactives on them?

RT Members do this all the time and I always rail against it because it's SILLY.

Aside from that, do you honestly think that it would look better if it looked like this?

Pruned Squads Roster

Now keep in mind that those numbers are at their highest point of the year due to the squad tournaments going on and it's typically closer to HALF OF THAT.

At around the time NI formed, it looked a lot more like this, numbers-wise:

pre-tourney

At first glance, on my screen at least, this:

looks far more "full" and to the uneducated eye gives the impression that there are a lot more people than there actually are active.

Since psychologically speaking, first impressions and first glances are EXCEEDINGLY formative and important, a page that's "fuller" is a better thing for new players to see than one that's sparse.

That's of course assuming that they even SEE it after they sign in, see no games active, and go find a different free game to play.

In short: Not only should it be up to squads, pruning or not pruning is a matter of perceived image ONLY and in my opinion incredibly silly as a discussion. The only thing I despise more than discussions on pruning rosters are people putting an "Abstain" option in polls.

I don't think new people worry too much about the Squad roster list. Took me 3 years to find it, and 5 years to actually care about it. Basically you are saying that you would not clear out your garage full of useless @#(!, because potential buyers would be more compelled by a full house?
The Last ACS Student
Doc Izzo wrote:QUOTE (Doc Izzo @ Sep 21 2012, 06:34 AM) k10, when people fear you like they fear me, you can get at me.
blake420

Post by blake420 »

IMO squad rosters are not usally pruned very often out of respect for highly reguarded squad memebers. it would almost be in the same fasion of eraseing a MIA/KIA becuse it happened a really long time ago.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

I have no opinion on this matter.
Last edited by Mastametz on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
SgtMajor

Post by SgtMajor »

blake420 wrote:QUOTE (blake420 @ Mar 12 2012, 05:20 PM) IMO squad rosters are not usally pruned very often out of respect for highly reguarded squad memebers. it would almost be in the same fasion of eraseing a MIA/KIA becuse it happened a really long time ago.
I can understand certain cases (OptimusPrime for one) but other who simply have moved on and left the community/only post on forum/don't $#@!ing log in, should be removed.
The Last ACS Student
Heyoka

Post by Heyoka »

SgtMajor wrote:QUOTE (SgtMajor @ Mar 13 2012, 03:46 AM) I can understand certain cases (OptimusPrime for one) but other who simply have moved on and left the community/only post on forum/don't $#@!ing log in, should be removed.
I think YOU should be removed!

:fight:
SgtMajor

Post by SgtMajor »

Heyoka wrote:QUOTE (Heyoka @ Mar 13 2012, 04:03 AM) I think YOU should be removed!

:fight:
I still <3 you Heyoka but log on in so I can pod you :slap:
The Last ACS Student